Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Reservations

Reservations

I used to frequent this place and was very knowledgeable about the tricks and goings on. Now I hardly go and am completely ignorant given all the changes.

I just booked Paradise Pier and park hopper tickets for November. I want to confirm something and ask some questions about reservations:

First, as I understand it, I have to make reservations for a park and then can't park hop until 1:00. Is that correct?

I want to ride Rise of the Resistance and Web Slingers. I understand that I have to try to get a group number in the morning and it is a crap shoot if I will get one or not. Since we are only going for two days, if I make reservations for Disneyland I can only get a group for Rise of the Resistance and if I have reservations for California Adventure I can only get a group for Web Slingers. So, I would make a reservation for Disneyland on one day and California Adventure the other, but what if I don't get a group on the first day? I haven't been to the park since either opened and if I had to choose one ride it would be Rise of the Resistance, but if I can I would like to do both.

My dilemma is that if I book a different park on each day I might loose out on Rise of the Resistance, but if I book Disneyland both days I am forfeiting Web Slingers.

Any advice?

2. # ADS

Park hopping takes place after 1. A little clarity I hope:
    At 7AM you can get a boarding group for the ride of the park you are reserved for. So, DL- Rise, DCA-Web slingers. At Noon, you have a chance for another boarding group for either park if you have hoppers. HOWEVER, you are limited to one boarding group per ride per day, and one ride at a time.
    In May,our kids rode Rise before noon, but when they tried for a second at noon got an error message stating they'd had their allotment for the day.

Whistler and I were there on Thursday September 2 for the day. We had a Rise boarding group at 7 AM and were on track to use it before noon. The ride went down hard. Like for more than an hour. At noon, we made the choice to hop and let our Rise one go and got a web-slingers. We had to let the Rise one go to make Web-slingers. Web-slingers don't seem to be going as fast. The Monday evening before this I was showing our niece how to make a boarding group (at home in NorCal) and it was showing availability to make a boarding group. Well, we decided to upgrade and went on Friday morning for a few hours, app glitched and it took extra time and we were still able to make a web-slingers at 7:05.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

What candles said. If you haven't used your BG for the day you can't get another one at noon for the other park. If you've got a high # and it hasn't been called/you haven't ridden by noon, you'll have to try for the other ride at the other par on the 2nd day.

The last time we went we were able to get Web Slingers easier than Rise. Rise disappeared in a matter of moments, Web Slingers took a few minutes.

Karin

Since Rise of the Resistance is our priority, it sounds like I should make the reservation for Disneyland for both days. That would give us four chances for Rise of the Resistance (Friday AM, Friday PM, Sat AM and Sun PM). It would give us two chances at Web Slingers (Friday PM and Sat PM provided we didn't get Rise that day). Is this correct?

I assume that if I try for a Web Slingers at noon, they wouldn't give boarding groups until after one so I could get into the park. Though getting one at one wouldn't account for getting through the line into the park and then over to the ride.

We will be there Friday, November 12 and Saturday November 13. These are the two days after Veteran's Day.

Oops, just noticed my mistake and don't see how to edit it. When I talk about the chances I would have for reservations for Rise of the Resistance, I mention Sun PM which of course should be Saturday PM. If we reserve Disneyland both days, we would have two chances for Rise of the Resistance each day we are there and one chance each day for Web Slingers (which we can't use if we get the other one). Correct?

Correct. You can possibly get a Web-slingers at noon as long as you've used you Rise one already.

Blog Entries

Last trip we got Rise at 7am. We finally were called at 1150a. Dilemma - Cancel Rise and get Webslingers, or try to get Rise fast so we can do both. Well, we decided to do both. So we are getting close to where they scan and it is 1158a. Since we are on the other side of the rope, I ask the CM "Any chance you can scan us now so we can get WS?" Sorry. But she starts pushing people thru. We have 1 person with our Rise stuff up, and everyone else has the WS queue ready. The people in front of us are slow moving and she is telling everyone "Hurry up, the ship is waiting".... We get scanned in at noon, they hit the queue and we got a late return for WS. We cheered and the CM asked "What did you get??"

Planning 3 trips at once...

Thanks to the three of you. I have made our reservations for Disneyland for both days. I find this a frustrating was to handle this. My daughter has been pushing for this trip and 99% of the reason is to see Rise of the Resistance. It is aggravating not to know if we will even be able to do it. They should let people book a time when they buy their tickets. Just one booking for the length of their visit and then if there are more do those the day off with the current process. I realize that annual pass (or whatever it is called now) holders would complicate this, but I'm sure they could figure it out. Between the tickets and the hotel reservations we are spending thousands and may not get to do the one thing thing we are going there to do.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Last trip we got Rise at 7am. We finally were called at 1150a. Dilemma - Cancel Rise and get Webslingers, or try to get Rise fast so we can do both. Well, we decided to do both. So we are getting close to where they scan and it is 1158a. Since we are on the other side of the rope, I ask the CM "Any chance you can scan us now so we can get WS?" Sorry. But she starts pushing people thru. We have 1 person with our Rise stuff up, and everyone else has the WS queue ready. The people in front of us are slow moving and she is telling everyone "Hurry up, the ship is waiting".... We get scanned in at noon, they hit the queue and we got a late return for WS. We cheered and the CM asked "What did you get??"
    that sounded like the most exciting event of the day...
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

So I am starting to read and catchup on the goings on since in the time I have been away from Disney and I just read some good news. It sounds like Genie Plus will be released before our trip and that through that we will be able to buy our way onto Rise of the Resistance if we don't get into a group or if we want to ride it a second time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    So I am starting to read and catchup on the goings on since in the time I have been away from Disney and I just read some good news. It sounds like Genie Plus will be released before our trip and that through that we will be able to buy our way onto Rise of the Resistance if we don't get into a group or if we want to ride it a second time.
    Try not to get co fused. Genie+ will not be necessary in order to purchase the individual access passes to the lightning lane for either ROTR, Radiator Springs Racers, and other rides they may put in that plan. Anyone can buy their way on. Genie+ will get you access to lightning lane and hold your place in line (1 ride at a time) to all the other former Fastpass rides.

This if course depends on whether they make Individual Access available when Genie+ is launched. Since they are separate they could launch Genie+ and not the IA rides.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

The article I read wasn't clear that you could purchase the access without having Genie Plus, but I'll want Genie Plus in any case. My favorite was when you could get the paper fastpasses and ignore the return times. I would spend the morning riding rides and gathering fastpasses and later in the day using them. I always left the park with stacks of fastpasses. Great for me because I knew how to work the system, not so good for those who didn't know how to work it. That was 15 or so years ago (maybe less).

Just reminiscing. I'll definitely get Genie Plus though. I am paying $3,000 for the two days in the park. I'm not going to not spend another $60 to maximize our time there.

From Candles71
    " The ride went down hard. Like for more than an hour. "

We were there! On that day! Think it was right around 10AM. We were in the transport when it went down (the second time.... the whole time in the transport was half-a**ed as none of the effects were really working). They had to manually pry open the doors and let us out into the backstage area for us to exit!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent2B View Post
    From Candles71
    " The ride went down hard. Like for more than an hour. "

We were there! On that day! Think it was right around 10AM. We were in the transport when it went down (the second time.... the whole time in the transport was half-a**ed as none of the effects were really working). They had to manually pry open the doors and let us out into the backstage area for us to exit!
    We'd been watching the time, I think I noticed the group numbers stopped moving a bit after 10 but was still showing the return groups in the app. We rode thunder, then Mark Twain and decided to do a lap on the RR. By the time we got to Tomorrowland station it was showing closed with no return numbers. So we hopped off and did TL. By then it was 12 and we decided to hop. So made our WS pass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    The article I read wasn't clear that you could purchase the access without having Genie Plus, but I'll want Genie Plus in any case. My favorite was when you could get the paper fastpasses and ignore the return times. I would spend the morning riding rides and gathering fastpasses and later in the day using them. I always left the park with stacks of fastpasses. Great for me because I knew how to work the system, not so good for those who didn't know how to work it. That was 15 or so years ago (maybe less).

Just reminiscing. I'll definitely get Genie Plus though. I am paying $3,000 for the two days in the park. I'm not going to not spend another $60 to maximize our time there.
    yeah I used to do that too. Until I found out that doing that made the standby EXTREMELY long for everyone else. so the standby actually grew for the major rides closer to the end of the night. I didnt think that was fair (even if it was playing by the rules). Then Disneyland decided to enforce the return time windows. That made it a little more bearable.

Yep not fair to the people who didn't know how to game the system. I never realized that lines got longer in the evening because we would have a stack of fastpasses we were using. I would actually pass them out to people.