Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Private Ticket Event hits Disneyland for Holidays - Disney Merriest Nites

The thing with OBB is that its also giving adults a way to do the things they can't anymore on Halloween (dress in costume as they trick or treat). They do have a parade for it but originally that wasn't part of the parties for many years. It also gave Disney a way to offer families or those not into the scary offerings in the other theme parks something as an alternative. It made some sense. Yet Christmas is different. I never understood the parties for it in WDW even. This for Disneyland really makes no sense at all with what is thrown together. I do think that not offering different from what is normal in the day (other than some "dance parties" or picture locations) is just not going to do it for most and more so at the price its being sold at. And no the Muppets are not going to lure guests either into paying that extra. LOL I don't know if they will sell out now or not as time gets closer or Disney will find away to make it seem like they are but I think no matter what Disney will look at things in some manner as an excuse to take what has always been part of the cost of tickets for the day and shove it into the after hours party to try to get more to pay it next year. Yet we can always hope still they will learn from this and see that it is not going to work on this coast to do this kind of stuff for Christmas.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I don't know if they will sell out now or not as time gets closer or Disney will find away to make it seem like they are
    I think this is the interesting factor since we don't know how many tickets Disney intends to sell. So as long as there is some minimum (which they have probably already sold) they can mark the event as "sold out" and just claim that they intended to sell less tickets than they may have preferred.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    It also gave Disney a way to offer families or those not into the scary offerings in the other theme parks something as an alternative.
    interesting sidebar - Disney is sending surveys to attendees of OBB asking if there should be more scary elements, haunted maze, shorter wait time for rides, more halloween themed entertainment, more merch, etc. Many folks in the twitter discussion I saw wanted more scary elements. really? there's nothing in Disney's canon that is really that scary so IDK where they are going with that. The Christmas comments you made I agree with.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I think this is the interesting factor since we don't know how many tickets Disney intends to sell. So as long as there is some minimum (which they have probably already sold) they can mark the event as "sold out" and just claim that they intended to sell less tickets than they may have preferred.
    True and it wouldn't be the first time they have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    interesting sidebar - Disney is sending surveys to attendees of OBB asking if there should be more scary elements, haunted maze, shorter wait time for rides, more halloween themed entertainment, more merch, etc. Many folks in the twitter discussion I saw wanted more scary elements. really? there's nothing in Disney's canon that is really that scary so IDK where they are going with that. The Christmas comments you made I agree with.
    Interesting questions to ask. I'm with you on the scary thing with Disney. Not sure why they would want to go towards scarier. Go to far with it and then you have complaints from parents with little ones. If adults want scarier elements then they can head over to Knott's or Universal instead.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I thought I would offer a point of view from someone who isnt a DL local but someone who attends the WDW Halloween and Christmas parties. We are not WDW locals but travel there regularly since its a much shorter flight for us than DL.

We will be in DL during the week of November 14 and have purchased tickets for the Christmas party. What we generally enjoy at the parties at WDW is the atmosphere. It always feels extra special during the parties for us. In FL, the Christmas parade and fireworks are only offered during the party except during Christmas week.

We dont attend for the character meet and greets or any special merchandise. Its just being in the park with the Christmas music playing, the special lighting, snow on Main Street USA, and the generally shorter lines as most people participate in the special Christmas offerings.

Do we think its overpriced? Yes, the parties have been for quite a while. Will we wear costumes? No. But will we have an enjoyable, festive time? Of course.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    I thought I would offer a point of view from someone who isn’t a DL local but someone who attends the WDW Halloween and Christmas parties. We are not WDW locals but travel there regularly since it’s a much shorter flight for us than DL.

We will be in DL during the week of November 14 and have purchased tickets for the Christmas party. What we generally enjoy at the parties at WDW is the atmosphere. It always feels extra special during the parties for us. In FL, the Christmas parade and fireworks are only offered during the party except during Christmas week.

We don’t attend for the character meet and greets or any special merchandise. It’s just being in the park with the Christmas music playing, the special lighting, snow on Main Street USA, and the generally shorter lines as most people participate in the special Christmas offerings.

Do we think it’s overpriced? Yes, the parties have been for quite a while. Will we wear costumes? No. But will we have an enjoyable, festive time? Of course.
    Thanks for that. Its always great to get a different, and actually opposite, perspective. I think we've had all of the Christmas offerings in the park for so long as a regular part of operations that any chance of moving it to a controlled mechanism makes us cringe. And - with the Anaheim crowd - since we have (or had) a large passholder population so attending a "party" means for most of us doing all the special event stuff and not necessarily the attractions. If you look at OBB as an example that attracts a lot of people and they may not go on a single ride (I know I wont) since there is so much to do. I would think those travelling from out of state, making a party their main visit, would partake in rides much more than all of the special offerings. And thats what would happen in WDW too.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I guess they couldnt get locals to pay for full price regular tickets. Lets see if locals buy special event tickets at a HIGHER price. since the party is only Tue and THur this makes me think this is the case.

Interesting dates that are not used - 18th through 28th ( i guess they are giving Thanskgiving a wide berth) and then Dec 1st. I wonder now if Candlelight is going to happen so they will have most everything starting to set up and wont be able to do the party. It could happen...
    Candlelight is happening the 4th and 5th.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries

Both dates in December are now sold out. 3 in November remain.