Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Steve Russo: A Trip Reporter Like No Other

Steve Russo: A Trip Reporter Like No Other

Apologies if this is out of place, but this forum felt right for passing on the sad news that weve lost fellow Disney enthusiast and master trip report writer Steve Russo.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ary?id=6328829

To all of you who loved his writing and reports as I did, raise a glass. Sincere condolences to his family.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Apologies if this is out of place, but this forum felt right for passing on the sad news that we’ve lost fellow Disney enthusiast and master trip report writer Steve Russo.

To all of you who loved his writing and reports as I did, raise a glass. Sincere condolences to his family.
    This is very sad news. He really had a way of putting the Disney gift.

Things I Think I Think:

- I think I never met Steve Russo, but I really wish I had.
    - I think Steve was an incredible diarist, and it was our great fortune that he devoted his writing to Walt Disney World.
    - I think I considered pushing a stroller in the middle of a wide walkway as a tribute to Steve, but I no longer own one;
    - So I think I intend to have ice cream for lunch sometime this week, in observance of the Russo Rule.

All thoughts and prayers and blessings for his family. Thanks for letting us readers serve as honorary members of the clan for all of those years.

Very sad news to hear.

Like AllanADale, I also did not know Steve personally, but loved reading through his reports and I probably had a few comments back and forth with Steve over the years in his threads or others. I'm sure I learned a lot from reading his reports, particularly in my earlier days of this hobby when I first started regularly visiting the parks.

The Russo Ice Cream rule immediately came to my mind as well. Whenever I finally end up back down at WDW, maybe a lunch at Beaches and Cream is in order to exercise that rule for one day.

Condolences to his family and friends.

-Dave

Thank you for posting this sad news. I did not know Steve but shared in his life through reading his eloquent trip reports. May his family and friends be comforted during this difficult time.

Thank you for posting this very sad news. We also wish we could have met Steve and his family, but our trips to WDW never quite meshed. He and I did exchange emails over the years, and postings on his absolutely awesome trip reports. When reading his reports, you could just imagine being there. He will be missed.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family at this difficult time.

Thank you for sharing. I always enjoyed reading Steve's reports and send my condolences to his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Apologies if this is out of place, but this forum felt right for passing on the sad news that we’ve lost fellow Disney enthusiast and master trip report writer Steve Russo.

Totally appropriate to share this news with the community of which he was such an important part. I never had the good fortune to meet Steve either, though he was very kind in the few exchanges we had over the years. Through his detailed and funny trip reports, I think we all feel like we knew him.

Condolences to his family.

Blog Entries

So sorry to hear this news.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

So very sad to read this notice; I loved his trip reports and they always brought a smile to my face. My condolences to his family.

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Condolences to the Russo family. Steve's trip reports were always my favorite over the years and I always looked forward to them, as well as his regular columns on this site years ago. A man of details, but in a fun and entertaining way. One thing I think I think: Steve will be missed. May the Russo Rule live on forever!

So sorry to hear this news. I absolutely loved his reports. I also wish I would have had the chance to meet him. I love the fact that he did get to share his love of Disney with his family. Condolences to his family

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Wow. My life has been too busy the past few weeks. I haven't browsed our own boards for a while. I never saw this posting about Steve. I remember when he took a step back from writing his MousePlanet articles, I did the first thing I thought proper and that was to write a Top 5 list of Steve Russo Articles.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/9659/My_...lanet_Articles

Steve and I had many wonderful email conversations about writing and about our shared love of Disney. We never met in person but we were most definitely kindred spirits.

Take a look back at his dozens of official MousePlanet articles. Steve "got" Walt Disney World perfectly and he was a wonderful voice here on MousePlanet. I'm proud to have called him a colleague and a friend.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/author/39/Steve_Russo/

So sorry to hear the passing of Steve. Loved his trip reports! Cancer sucks!

I was genuinely upset when I read we had lost him. I too did not know him personally, but had exchanged comments with him on a variety of trip reports, both his and mine. I bought the book he published years ago, and we talked about this too. We never did manage to align our trips as we only tend to visit late in the year, from the UK, but I truly loved reading his trip reports and for years now we have invoked the Russo Rule at least once per trip. We will definitely continue this now in tribute to Steve. Much love and best wishes go to his family, from his Mouseplanet family.

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)