Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney releases new Star Wars hotel prices

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Disney releases new Star Wars hotel prices

"For a party of two adults, the price for a visit to the Starcruiser will cost $4,809 for two nights based on the sample prices Disney released, which was for a weeknight stay in late August through early September. For a family of four — including three adults and one kid — the total for a visit is roughly $6,000. (At Disney, children older than 10 are considered adults.)

Those prices don't factor in upgrades to nicer cabins or add-ons, including specialty dining options. Comparatively, vacation on Disney Cruise Line starts at around $1,400 for a two-night cruise with two guests, averaging to around $350 per night for each traveler. “That's on its oldest ship in the fleet, without the expense of providing live-action role-playing,” Testa said.

The sample pricing is more expensive than what travel experts were anticipating. “The starting number I’ve heard was around $3,600 for the two-night experience in one of the most basic accommodations, with all meals and entertainment included — and, I'm assuming, park passes,” he added. “I would be very, very surprised if Disney did not offer a range of accommodations that increase in price from there.”

Full article, including what's included, click here.

Karin

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Many who can afford the Star Wars hotel have stated (in and after many Youtube videos about the prices), that even if they stuck with a Disney vacation, for the Star Wars hotel rates, they'd rather take a week-long Disney Cruise or a 3-night Disney Cruise at the concierge level.

I too would rather see scenery of Alaska or Norway from my cruise cabin than Disney's attempt to replicate a window that looks out into space. That sounds claustrophobic to me. There are cruises that have space themes (about actual space), with astronomer guest speakers, telescopes on the top deck, and two cruise ships even have actual planetariums.

One of my friends had the interesting observation that they are conflicted between booking now/soon even though she expects prices will ultimately go down when demand dwindles; and knowing that once prices go down some of the extra experiences will likely also go away or at best become separately priced.

We've had a lot of amazing Disney experiences, and I'm grateful that no one in my family is a big enough Star Wars fan that this is on the must-do bucket list. And as someone who still drools a little when thinking about the chocolate-berry lamp dessert from the short lived Aladdin's Oasis dinner show, I'm not sure it's always best to know what you're missing.