Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Steakhouse 55 (and Lounge): A Disneyland Resort Institution Closes Its Doors Permanen

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Steakhouse 55 (and Lounge): A Disneyland Resort Institution Closes Its Doors Permanen

Steakhouse 55 (and Lounge): A Disneyland Resort Institution Closes Its Doors Permanently by Lisa Baxter

The author takes a fond look back at Disneyland Hotel's premier dining location.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Although I have no idea what will take its place, its unthinkable to me that they wouldnt have at least one high end steakhouse in the Disneyland Resort. We enjoyed Steakhouse 55 so much during our last visit in 2013, that we actually ate there twice.

Its a shame that Disney has made these choices. It seems they rather go with outside businesses instead of either leaving well enough alone or creating something themselves that fits and paying for their own staff. What is worse is how many CMs did they leave all this time hanging that worked in those places and thought they had jobs to go back to when the parks/hotels opened? Does anyone know if they offered them jobs elsewhere in the parks? We had been doing the teas and loved the CMs we came across there so its sad to lose these things.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I agree. It would make sense to keep a steakhouse on the premises, as well as the Afternoon Tea. Both were very successful.

Let's hope the Afternoon Tea is relocated. The director of the tea event is a Disneyland Hotel exec and a Tea Master. Before it was Afternoon Tea, it was a Mary Poppins tea at Paradise Pier Hotel in the late 1990s-early 2000s. So, it could just find a new home. Fingers crossed.