Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ADRs for Napa Rose

  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Blog Entries
    1

    ADRs for Napa Rose

    We ate at NR last night and inquired about timing for the return of the Chef's Counter.

    We were told it reopens July 23 and will be available Friday and Saturday only the last 2 weekends in July. In August it'll be available Fri/Sat/Sun. only.

    What's new is there will only be ONE seating pet night, so no getting rushed out for them to turn the seats for an 8 or 8:30 pm seating. Yay, but darn, thats in half chances of scoring a ressie.

    We were also told they are already booked up through the end of August. I was surprised as I hadn't seen anything yet about the Chef's Counter reopening, let alone taking reservations.

    Now to find out how far in advance they accept reservations...

    Karin


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    We ate at NR last night and inquired about timing for the return of the Chef's Counter.

    We were told it reopens July 23 and will be available Friday and Saturday only the last 2 weekends in July. In August it'll be available Fri/Sat/Sun. only.

    What's new is there will only be ONE seating pet night, so no getting rushed out for them to turn the seats for an 8 or 8:30 pm seating. Yay, but darn, thats in half chances of scoring a ressie.

    We were also told they are already booked up through the end of August. I was surprised as I hadn't seen anything yet about the Chef's Counter reopening, let alone taking reservations.

    Now to find out how far in advance they accept reservations...
    thanks - though I've only been once I'd love to go again at some point. Those folks who booked it all up? the ones with insider relationships to the staff. (and several with high level profiles on instagram). No doubt the special guests will be accommodated first. Oh well.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  4. #3

    Reservations have been open for this since the beginning of this month. It was posted on another board. I've read that they are already accepting reservations for the Chef's Counter through September. People have posted on the other board that they were able to make Sept. reservations last week. Also, those same people posted that for now, the Counter only seats parties up to 4 guests. The Dessert Counter which seated 6 will only seat 4 guests at a time until further notice. Also new is the price increase: $150/person, food only.


  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    thanks - though I've only been once I'd love to go again at some point. Those folks who booked it all up? the ones with insider relationships to the staff. (and several with high level profiles on instagram). No doubt the special guests will be accommodated first. Oh well.
    No special relationship needed -- anyone can make a reservation for the Chef's Counter! It's booked up now because the books have been open for about 3 weeks already. But it's not VIP or anything like that. We were asked if we wanted to book the last time we were there. Decided to wait until we read some reviews about the "new" experience. For $150/person, we expect a lot!

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    No special relationship needed -- anyone can make a reservation for the Chef's Counter! It's booked up now because the books have been open for about 3 weeks already. But it's not VIP or anything like that. We were asked if we wanted to book the last time we were there. Decided to wait until we read some reviews about the "new" experience. For $150/person, we expect a lot!
    I wonder if everyone at Napa knew that they were taking reservations for the chef's counter. One of my friends said that she tried to call "about two weeks ago" and was told that they were not yet taking reservations. It's possible that "about two weeks ago" was actually right before they started taking reservations, but it is also possible that it was shortly after she she unfortunately got someone who hadn't realized that bookings had opened.

  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Also, those same people posted that for now, the Counter only seats parties up to 4 guests. The Dessert Counter which seated 6 will only seat 4 guests at a time until further notice. Also new is the price increase: $150/person, food only.
    Interesting. The info I was given was that there will *still* be 4 guests at each station, cold apps/salads, hot food/sauces and that dessert would be the same as it was, for a grand total of 14 available seats per night.

    I asked specifically if groups not together would be seated together and was told yes. So potentially hubby and I could be seated right next to another group of 2, to form the 4 at a station.
    Karin


  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Interesting. The info I was given was that there will *still* be 4 guests at each station, cold apps/salads, hot food/sauces and that dessert would be the same as it was, for a grand total of 14 available seats per night.

    I asked specifically if groups not together would be seated together and was told yes. So potentially hubby and I could be seated right next to another group of 2, to form the 4 at a station.
    The person who posted about that needed all 6 seats at the Dessert Counter for a Sept. date, but was told that she could only book 4 at a time. The other 2 guests would have to sit around the corner. Since she didn't want to split up her family (birthday dinner), she chose to wait until she could book all 6 seats together. She was told that they expect to open up all 6 seats at a later date.

  9. #8

    In sort of related news, did anyone else see the new prices listed today for the menu at CCR? If GR is correct, that's an eye opener!


  10. #9
    Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    The person who posted about that needed all 6 seats at the Dessert Counter for a Sept. date, but was told that she could only book 4 at a time. The other 2 guests would have to sit around the corner. Since she didn't want to split up her family (birthday dinner), she chose to wait until she could book all 6 seats together. She was told that they expect to open up all 6 seats at a later date.
    Ah. Got it. Good info to have!
    Last edited by Karin; 07-20-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    Karin


  11. #10
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    In sort of related news, did anyone else see the new prices listed today for the menu at CCR? If GR is correct, that's an eye opener!
    yeah - i dont dine there often at all - but that menu selection/price point has generated a lot of buzz. Old school high end restaurant. Sort of like from the 60s. I wonder what generated the shift (was it the combining of WDW and DLAND directions? ). Its all Andrew Sutton still? Hmm... for my money I'd spend at NR and not CCR now.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •