Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Ca

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Ca

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros by Chris Barry

Chris heads south of the border for a boat ride through Mexico with Donald, Jose and Panchito.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

This is a wonderfully dependable relaxing ride. Our #1 is the availability. Almost every trip we have been able to find a time that there is little to no wait for the boat ride. #2 is the tranquility. It is so peaceful even with the chaos being created from the three amigos. #3 is the cliff divers. (Just kidding, we don't care about the cliff divers.) #4 Sometimes we can just walk right back on. #5. We have only ate at the restaurant once and we liked it.
    So thanks for another wonderful "My Disney Top 5" We are grateful you take time to write them and we enjoy reading them and discussing our experiences with the topic. Look forward to the next one.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    This is a wonderfully dependable relaxing ride. Our #1 is the availability. Almost every trip we have been able to find a time that there is little to no wait for the boat ride. #2 is the tranquility. It is so peaceful even with the chaos being created from the three amigos. #3 is the cliff divers. (Just kidding, we don't care about the cliff divers.) #4 Sometimes we can just walk right back on. #5. We have only ate at the restaurant once and we liked it.
    So thanks for another wonderful "My Disney Top 5" We are grateful you take time to write them and we enjoy reading them and discussing our experiences with the topic. Look forward to the next one.
    As always Chuck, thanks for reading and responding and thanks for your kind words. I thoroughly enjoy writing these lists even after al these years and I have plenty more in me.

I love this ride too. Legends of the Three Caballeros is available on Disney+ now! I had fun watching it last winter.

A great read, as always. And as always, I have a minor correction. Early on you referenced the restaurant inside as the Cantina de San Angel. Of course the inside restaurant is the San Angel Inn, while the Cantina de San Angel is the QS spot out on the lagoon.

Other than that, spot on, my friend!!!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by worldlover71 View Post
    I love this ride too. Legends of the Three Caballeros is available on Disney+ now! I had fun watching it last winter.
    It's on my list for sure!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    A great read, as always. And as always, I have a minor correction. Early on you referenced the restaurant inside as the Cantina de San Angel. Of course the inside restaurant is the San Angel Inn, while the Cantina de San Angel is the QS spot out on the lagoon.

Other than that, spot on, my friend!!!
    Wow...a dreaded slip and about one of my favorite restaurants too!! Thanks for catching that. I have to stop writing at 2 am!!

Thanks for always reading and always commenting Dan.

I don't want to be a nag - just tryin' to help!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

This is one of the few times in Disney Park history I prefer the new version of an attraction. Gran Fiesta Tour is always a must-do when I visit Epcot. I liked El Rio del Tiempo but I love the Three Caballeros addition to the attraction. Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are wonderful edutainment films with nice soundtracks. I am glad Disney continues to utilize Three Caballeros in attractions, merchandise, films, and park characters. San Angel Inn is my favorite restaurant in World Showcase mainly because of the atmosphere. The Blue Bayou Restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland reminds me of San Angel Inn. Here are my five:

1. Jose and Panchito
    2. The Three Caballeros Animatronics
    3. Ride System – I enjoy slow boat dark rides
    4. Its a Small World type scene
    5. Soundtrack

Thanks so much for your top 5 lists. Always wonderful to see what different people really love in an attraction. I agree with one of the previous posters that the music is so important. One of my favorite CDs growing up was entitled, "Ragtime at the Magical Kingdom" and there is a World Showcase Track that towards the end that featured the original El Rio De Tiempo song. Disney music does so much for us in these attractions...perhaps that in itself will become a top 5 list someday. Thanks again!

I love the Gran Fiesta Tour but I must confess I miss the shirtless hunky aztecas that were featured in the original Rio de Tiempo attraction! Pure eye candy!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    This is one of the few times in Disney Park history I prefer the new version of an attraction. Gran Fiesta Tour is always a must-do when I visit Epcot. I liked El Rio del Tiempo but I love the Three Caballeros addition to the attraction. Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are wonderful edutainment films with nice soundtracks. I am glad Disney continues to utilize Three Caballeros in attractions, merchandise, films, and park characters. San Angel Inn is my favorite restaurant in World Showcase mainly because of the atmosphere. The Blue Bayou Restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland reminds me of San Angel Inn. Here are my five:

1. Jose and Panchito
    2. The Three Caballeros Animatronics
    3. Ride System I enjoy slow boat dark rides
    4. Its a Small World type scene
    5. Soundtrack
    It's good to see people appreciate Jose and Panchito as much as I do.

Your number 5 choice got me thinking...how come I left the soundtrack off of my list? I do appreciate the theme song being played, but for some reason it doesn't stick in my head like others such as Grim Grinning Ghost, Pirates Life or it's a small world (which I actually like) Heck I even find myself humming the Tiki Birds song while I'm skiing sometimes - one has absolutely nothing to do with the other but I just get songs stuck in my head when I'm skiing for some reason. The Three Caballeros song? I'll sing it in my head after the ride but it seems to fade away quicker than the others.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MilklessMouser View Post
    Thanks so much for your top 5 lists. Always wonderful to see what different people really love in an attraction. I agree with one of the previous posters that the music is so important. One of my favorite CDs growing up was entitled, "Ragtime at the Magical Kingdom" and there is a World Showcase Track that towards the end that featured the original El Rio De Tiempo song. Disney music does so much for us in these attractions...perhaps that in itself will become a top 5 list someday. Thanks again!
    I already did Top 5's on music. Check them out when you get the chance.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/10861/My...traction_Songs

https://www.mouseplanet.com/9198/My_...usical_Moments