Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Transportation from SNA (John Wayne Airport) to Disneyland area hotel

Transportation from SNA (John Wayne Airport) to Disneyland area hotel

It's been years since I've flown to SNA for a Disneyland trip. What are my options for getting to an Anaheim hotel from the airport? It appears that SuperShuttle no longer services SNA (or, at least, not right now...it's not an option on the online booking). We will have a party of 3 airport to DLR and a party of 5 DLR to airport. Uber? Lyft? Taxi? Other shuttle service?

2. # ADS

We've been using Uber from Long Beach for several years. When we went in May we could not get one for 6. Covid rules not allowing someone in the passenger seat. But 5 were allowed in the minivans etc.

We havent been since 2019 and come from out of country but LOVE flying into SNA rather than LAX. We have always just taken a taxi. It was about $40 or $50 if I remember correctly, good set up at the airport to get the size of vehicle you need quickly, and a very short ride to our hotel. Im sure Uber or Lyft is cheaper though.

Last time I flew in and out of SNA while staying at a hotel on Harbor, I used Uber with no problems.

Thanks for the responses! Looks like Uber is probably our best bet. We're super excited to be heading to Disneyland soon!!!

When we travel just the 2 of us we typically end up going through SNA. There's always shuttles there, super shuttle but also independently run ones. I think last time we went was $12 pp (you don't have to reserve it, they're on the far side of the taxis) so for the 2 of us made it cheaper than Uber or Lyft but may not be the case for 3 of you.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderElla View Post
    When we travel just the 2 of us we typically end up going through SNA. There's always shuttles there, super shuttle but also independently run ones. I think last time we went was $12 pp (you don't have to reserve it, they're on the far side of the taxis) so for the 2 of us made it cheaper than Uber or Lyft but may not be the case for 3 of you.
    Hi WonderElla,
    I don't believe Super Shuttle is operating out of SNA at all right now. We ended up using Uber and it worked great! Took a little while to get a confirmation from a driver though. And when we finally did, the driver was about 20 minutes out. We paid less than $25 (not including tip). My brother, however, flew in later in the afternoon and the lowest price he was seeing for UberX was over $50 (and that was just for 2 passengers). Surge pricing, I guess? He tried for a long time to get a confirmation and the drivers just kept disappearing on the app (maybe others also waiting snatched them before he could confirm?) He finally gave up and just took a taxi. It ended up costing less than what Uber was quoting him, so he was happy with that.

When we were leaving Anaheim to head back to the airport with all 5 of us, we were not able to book an UberXL in advance. For a party over 3, the only thing offered for advance reservation was a Black SUV for about $90! So, we took our chances with getting an UberXL at the time we needed to go (figured if we couldn't get an XL, getting two Uber X's would be cheaper than the Black SUV!) We ended up having no problem at all getting an UberXL right away and I think it was about $30.

All around great experience with Uber!