Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Frozen Ever After

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Frozen Ever After

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Frozen Ever After by Chris Barry

Chris visits the sisters from Arendelle in Epcot's Norway pavilion.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thanks again for all these reminders of how fun WDW is and how fortunate we are to go there once in awhile. I am biased when it comes to Norway because my family is from Bergen. I have been to Oslo a couple times but haven't made Bergen yet.
    We have skipped Frozen Ever After the last few times we have gone because there hasn't been Fast Passes and the lines have been looonnnnnggggg. I had no idea about the stand by line enhancements but we are not willing to wait in line for an hour or two to see them.
    I do agree that the ride is much better and very well done. My #1 thing to do is to talk to the young Norwegians who are manning the shops and speak with them in the limited Norwegian I know. It always brings a smile to their face and we talk about their home towns (in English). Because of my heritage we do spend more time in Norway than the other countries except America because we are Americans of course. A few years ago we had a meal in Akerhaus Castle and it was not memorable except for the Princesses.
    So yes, Talking with the young Norwegians #1, Fast Pass #2, The Ride Itself #3, The Architecture #4, Troll #5.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    Thanks again for all these reminders of how fun WDW is and how fortunate we are to go there once in awhile. I am biased when it comes to Norway because my family is from Bergen. I have been to Oslo a couple times but haven't made Bergen yet.
    We have skipped Frozen Ever After the last few times we have gone because there hasn't been Fast Passes and the lines have been looonnnnnggggg. I had no idea about the stand by line enhancements but we are not willing to wait in line for an hour or two to see them.
    I do agree that the ride is much better and very well done. My #1 thing to do is to talk to the young Norwegians who are manning the shops and speak with them in the limited Norwegian I know. It always brings a smile to their face and we talk about their home towns (in English). Because of my heritage we do spend more time in Norway than the other countries except America because we are Americans of course. A few years ago we had a meal in Akerhaus Castle and it was not memorable except for the Princesses.
    So yes, Talking with the young Norwegians #1, Fast Pass #2, The Ride Itself #3, The Architecture #4, Troll #5.
    Hey Chuck,

It's wonderful when something hits you on a more personal level. I know that when my wife Diane walks into the Germany pavilion, a certain calm and happiness comes over her because of her Bavarian roots. So, we end up spending a lot of extra time in Germany as you do in Norway.

It is a shame that the ride is always so packed and that FastPasses were also always hard to come by because a lot of people do get to miss out.

I've enjoyed meeting the princesses in Akershus and I've always felt like dinner was much much better than the Americanized breakfast. One of our dinners there still stands out as one of our most memorable dining experiences mostly because of our waiter. He entertained us thoroughly with little tricks and things with wine corks, forks and salt shakers. Just a perfect cast member.

Although not a bad attraction, nice queue, and I like the ride system, I will only do Frozen Ever After if there is no wait and I need to rest indoors for a little bit. If this ride was in Magic Kingdom, it would've been one and done. I know I am not the target audience of Frozen but overall I did not care for the movie and now I am so sick of Frozen where I get irritated when the IP is added to attractions, shows, or parades and I especially cringe when I hear "Let It Go" song. I miss Maelstrom.

I wasn't super attached to Maelstrom, so I don't have any sort of high level of dislike for the Frozen take over as some do. I think it's a cute attraction, and I certainly would agree with how this will probably be in the "classics" category for most who were young kids (and their parents) when the movie first came out (particularly if they got to visit this ride while the kids were still young). My nieces were enamored with Frozen years ago. We did a family trip when they were around 5-6 years old in 2014 - they enjoyed some of the special offerings at DHS that were Frozen related quite a bit (sing along, fireworks with themed desert party, etc).

This ride was of course not yet in existence at that time. I will imagine they will want to check this ride out the next time they visit WDW, but since they are now approaching early teenage years, I'm not sure how enamored they will be with it. Time will tell. I sort of doubt it will have the same level of excitement they had back then when they got to do a meet and greet picture/autograph with Elsa at MK.

I think I've been on this ride maybe twice. I maybe used a FP+ for it once, and might have waited for standby on one of my first trips after it opened when FP+ wasn't available. When FP+ is in play, I find it difficult to prioritize this over other FP+ rides in the same tier.

So I'm not sure I have strong enough feelings for it to rank a top 5 of my own for this attraction. I will say I'm not a huge fan of the projected face method on the animatronics . I don't think it looks too great on the SDMT over in MK either (though if there are small improvements in the tech/look on Frozen, I may just not be aware of it with my limited visits so far). I get that it's new and it is somewhat technically impressive, I just don't find the "fish bowl" look appealing at all. I have to assume it's a better thing for regular maintenance vs a lot of additional moving parts to worry about.

-Dave

Hey Chris!

I'm with you. Maelstrom was fine, but I had no issue with Disney plussing the attraction and adding IP that 99% of its fans wanted. As long as they did a good job, I was fine with it, and I agree that they certainly did. As long as the line isn't too too terrible (and they tend to overestimate the wait time on this one as they often do), this one is a must on any trip with us.