Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update for June 8-14, 2021

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update for June 8-14, 2021

Walt Disney World Resort Update for June 8-14, 2021 by Alan S. Dalinka

Ready? It's summer! Walt Disney World Resort is lighting up the sky; Halloween Season's 'Disney After Hours Boo Bash' Tickets Going on Sale; EPCOT Food & Wine Festival starts July 15; Views of Magic Kingdom & Resorts; This & That and more!

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Thanks for the update, and the fresh pics of the MK Resorts area. The Poly renovation seems to still be pretty involved... I'm guessing it will still be happening when they re-open for regular non-DVC guests a little later this summer. Seems like only yesterday the last big renovation, but I guess it was 7-8 years ago at this point... time flies!

In the Halloween section, was that supposed to say Madame Leota as a pop-up character appearance? If not, I am out of the loop (maybe I'm not a true devoted HM fan ) since I'll admit I have no idea who Miss Carlotta might be.

Good to hear about the fireworks seeming to be preparing for return. I've viewed any videos myself, but a friend relayed to me yesterday that someone had posted some distant views of the Harmonious testing from the Crescent Lake resorts area.

Last thing, thanks for that tip on the new Behind the Attraction series on Disney Plus. I will definitely try to check that out when it debuts next month.

-Dave

We got woken up last night by big fireworks around midnight and it went on for along time. We are staying in the Crescent Lake area. Not really happy they were testing at midnight. And there is a ton of construction all over the place. The Magic Kingdom Ticket and Transportation parking area is a mess.
    On another note, for the first time we had to wait past 4 pm to get in our room. They are unwilling to pay their Mousekeepers a decent wage so they can't keep qualified people in place to clean and inspect the rooms. Mousekeeping is such a critical role here I hope they start paying them a livable wage. Why does Iger and other executives need to make so much when frontline workers can't even pay their bills?
    Very crowded at Magic Kingdom yesterday. Really miss FastPass on days like that.

Miss Carlotta

Dave, Miss Carlotta is a talking costumed face character that has appeared outside Haunted Mansion at past runs of the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and, occasionally, at other special events. Here's a photo I posted in the Update following the August 31, 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

And Chuck, there are lots of reasons a room may not be ready, including previous guests. For my stay at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort on Saturday, my room was ready by 11 a.m. I had indicated in the online check-in that I was making a morning arrival (I do not recall exactly which time box I checked). Making that notation, depending on the room type requested, may make getting a room earlier more likely.

Regards,
    Alan

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Alan, this was what was told to me by a manager. I was surprised by the frankness to be honest. And yes, out of all the dozens of times we have stayed on property, this was the very first time we didn't get in early.

Quote Originally Posted by asdhollywood View Post
    Dave, Miss Carlotta is a talking costumed face character that has appeared outside Haunted Mansion at past runs of the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and, occasionally, at other special events. Here's a photo I posted........

Regards,
    Alan
    Thanks for filling me in on the background a bit. I tried a search before posting and couldn't find anything, now that I read what you replied with and tried searching with some better keywords, I think I found some other references and pics (it helped me to search "Miss Carlotta Disney", yesterday I had not added "Disney" when I came up blank).

I found a few fan sites with info for what I am pretty sure is the same character. They called her "Lady" or "Madame" vs. "Miss", but I'm pretty sure what I found is all the same character. One of the 999 Happy Haunts, Niece of Master Gracey they say... Also may have a sister named Renatta... (Though I have no idea if Renatta may also show up outside the Mansion during special events, or is just more back story)

Thanks again! It's fun to look into some of the more obscure ones sometimes.
    -Dave