Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Test Track

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Test Track

My Disney Top 5 - Things to Love About Epcot's Test Track by Chris Barry

Chris counts down the best things about one of Walt Disney World's best attractions.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

And my #1 is the Single Rider Line! I have always had good luck with that since the wife doesn't like the ride and in this day and age of long lines for everybody I hope it is still a quick and easy way to do this ride.
    I love it when that door opens and we head outside.

Unlike most of the post-EPCOT Center era attraction redos in the 1990s/early 2000s/Eisner era, Test Track was a solid addition to Future World and a well-done thrill ride. I wish they kept World of Motion at the same time. World of Motion was a fun dark ride with a catchy soundtrack. Most of my experiences with Test Track were Version 1. I have only done Version 2 a few times due to lack of Fastpass+ reservations, long wait times, its broken down, or chose to spend more time in Future World West or World Showcase. Here are my Top 5:

5. Tributes to World of Motion
    4. The sounds of vehicles – I like hearing the sounds of the cars racing when walking around Future World East. It gets you excited for the attraction similar to the sounds of the log dropping in Splash Mountain or the trains moving on Thunder Mountain.
    I agree with everything you said on my 1 thru 3
    3. No intellectual properties
    2. Ride vehicles
    1. The Power Test

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    And my #1 is the Single Rider Line! I have always had good luck with that since the wife doesn't like the ride and in this day and age of long lines for everybody I hope it is still a quick and easy way to do this ride.
    I love it when that door opens and we head outside.
    It's hard not to love a single rider line!

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    Unlike most of the post-EPCOT Center era attraction redos in the 1990s/early 2000s/Eisner era, Test Track was a solid addition to Future World and a well-done thrill ride. I wish they kept World of Motion at the same time. World of Motion was a fun dark ride with a catchy soundtrack. Most of my experiences with Test Track were Version 1. I have only done Version 2 a few times due to lack of Fastpass+ reservations, long wait times, its broken down, or chose to spend more time in Future World West or World Showcase. Here are my Top 5:

5. Tributes to World of Motion
    4. The sounds of vehicles I like hearing the sounds of the cars racing when walking around Future World East. It gets you excited for the attraction similar to the sounds of the log dropping in Splash Mountain or the trains moving on Thunder Mountain.
    I agree with everything you said on my 1 thru 3
    3. No intellectual properties
    2. Ride vehicles
    1. The Power Test
    You mention the ride breaking down and I forgot to mention that it took me years to actually get on Test Track. Literally every time I tried, it was temporarily closed. Or, I kept getting on the line and it would shut down on us. It was a weird timing thing. I just chose the wrong time over and over again. I wrote an article years ago - Top 5 Things I Still Haven't Done at WDW, and Test Track was on it. Readers replied in shock. "How is it possible you haven't been on Test Track?" The universe was keeping me from getting on this attraction. Who knows why?

Once we started staying at the Yacht Club, I was able to make it a point to get up early and walk right over to get on line before it had the chance to have a problem and that really got me on the ride consistently. Yet another reason to always stay at the Yacht Club!