Thread: Disneyland Resort Update for May 3-9, 2021

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update for May 3-9, 2021

Disneyland Resort Update for May 3-9, 2021 by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix

Mickey, We're Home

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I cant believe people are actually complaining about the Loves First Kiss scene in Snow Whites Enchanted Wish. I take that back... actually in todays environment I CAN believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    I can’t believe people are actually complaining about the Love’s First Kiss scene in Snow White’s Enchanted Wish. I take that back... actually in today’s environment I CAN believe it!
    Really? I haven't seen that but nothing surprises me anymore. SMH Snow White has always been one of my favorite rides. I'm an Evil Queen fan. I was a bit worried with the changes that there would be very little of her left in the ride. So was happy to hear that wasn't the case. I know we like how they did the Alice and Peter Pan updates to the rides so looking forward to riding this one again at some point.

I have to say I am glad they didn't go with the cavalcades here. I've seen so many pictures and videos from WDW during those and the people gathered in large groups like its a regular parade. For here it just would be terrible in Disneyland or many spots in DCA. The distanced characters is a lot better and especially with so many spots to spread it out. When we did ATOD it was fun to see Goofy and Max "fishing" together and Donald playing in the "woods". Not sure how fireworks (or parades) could work, even at a lower capacity, since many will not care about the distancing unlike what Potrock thinks. Look at WDW and what happened during the holidays just from projections on the castle. Large groups gathered together with no distance to watch the projections change every 15 mins (I think that is what I read it was). I've seen a few videos of the characters here and the interactions with the guests where nice to see...even if distanced. It looked like many of the characters where having a lot of fun with it...especially some of the Incredibles by the roller coaster.

The mobile order, never will be a fan of it. Hated using it in ATOD and the back up in places to get what we ordered happened more than once. I saw some say walk up was quicker over the weekend (for where they allowed it) compared to the mobile order line. I am guessing that this all comes down to which food location though and time of day. Disney also should have been a little more clear on the fact that mobile order was the only option in some locations as well. The blog makes it sound like there is both walk up and mobile ordering for what was listed. I saw it here and in a few other places comments about this with assuming they could walk up and finding out it wasn't an option after all. Which in turn made the wait longer for some people because of options for time slot or back ups going on. Hopefully as the days go on things will get smoother in all this though.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"