Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: GCH a little too expensive

GCH a little too expensive

Being that I have not used any of my vacation budget for the last year, I thought I would check the GCH for prices and maybe splurge this year. However, the rooms start at $806 a night for a little box that overlooks the parking lot. Maybe I have been away from Disneyland for too long and am totally out of touch, but that seems really high to me. I want to say the last time I checked, rooms started about $470. Did the rooms really start at $800 before the pandemic?

2. # ADS

I don't know what it was before covid for peak days but seeing as how the ticket prices are for just 1 day 1 park, I am betting they plucked from the cost of peak days for the hotel as well. Obviously there are plenty willing to pay it. I am one of those that can't see spending on a hotel room like that for 1 night no matter what it is or where.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I don't know what it was before covid for peak days but seeing as how the ticket prices are for just 1 day 1 park, I am betting they plucked from the cost of peak days for the hotel as well. Obviously there are plenty willing to pay it. I am one of those that can't see spending on a hotel room like that for 1 night no matter what it is or where.
    this is what I think as well. And - since its obvious that only weekends are sold out right now for Dland - and many days are available for both parks - at 25% capacity - I wonder if the hotels will be even be at 10% (beyond opening weekend).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

$800 for GCH! That is insane. Absolutely insane. That is grossly over priced.

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

High School here she comes!

Quote Originally Posted by june1st1997 View Post
    $800 for GCH! That is insane. Absolutely insane. That is grossly over priced.
    It is. Yet many will happily pay it and more just because its Disney.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

We're middle class people, and we can never justify spending anywhere close to what they charge for a hotel room that in itself is not the destination. We sleep and shower in a hotel when we go to Disneyland. We're at the park pretty much the whole day. All we want is a clean safe place that's within walking distance. It just blows us away that there are enough people who are willing to spend that much, but there apparently is.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Think about it. It's like having a suite in Vegas aside from sleeping in it how much time do you spend in the room. Not much. Unless you entertaining. You don't need much. A suggestion wait for a promotion to come along. There gonna come just be patent.

J