Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    How was compliance in general on everything in place right now? Sounds like it was a good day though for you guys and glad the boarding group was easy to snag for Rise at noon.
    Compliance in general was good, though we did see a few instances of folks walking around while eating or wearing masks below nose, especially later in the day. We only had one instance of a party in line behind us not respecting space, but the line was short and moving pretty well, so it wasn't a long-lasting issue. CMs were good about talking to folks not complying, and I saw Security dealing with one party that it seemed was repeatedly not complying.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Compliance in general was good, though we did see a few instances of folks walking around while eating or wearing masks below nose, especially later in the day. We only had one instance of a party in line behind us not respecting space, but the line was short and moving pretty well, so it wasn't a long-lasting issue. CMs were good about talking to folks not complying, and I saw Security dealing with one party that it seemed was repeatedly not complying.
    Good to know. I figured there is probably some in there that no matter what think they are above the rules....as usual.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    Question about when you entered the park. Did you have to show both your tic and reservation QR code, or just your tic (assuming if the reservation is linked to your ticket you only need to show your tic)?

We just had to show our ticket. Also in the AM they did not take photos, they waited until we hopped in the afternoon to bother with photos.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    Question about when you entered the park. Did you have to show both your tic and reservation QR code, or just your tic (assuming if the reservation is linked to your ticket you only need to show your tic)?
    My understanding is that the QR code is only needed if for some reason your reservation doesn't show with your ticket for the day. I haven't seen anyone say they had to use it other than those times.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    We just had to show our ticket. Also in the AM they did not take photos, they waited until we hopped in the afternoon to bother with photos.
    I've seen that said before about the pictures. I assume its to get those through quicker in the morning and not slow the line down.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

That was my assumption as well.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    However, I am going to have the email with the QR code ready. In addition, I am printing out both my ticket and QR code since I am afraid of tech not working when I need it.
    this is me on most trips (anywhere - print it). Usually on a return flight I have to rely on the phone - but will screencap the boarding pass. At a minimum I would do that with anything. Of course the one time I did it for a reservation to get into DCA for dining in February they CM asked me to use the back arrow to show it was an actual app being used and NOT a screen cap. that took a little.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

This was my experience as well -- they just needed the ticket, then they gave us a paper ticket. Took a picture when we park-hopped in the afternoon, not in the morning.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Orange County has been cleared to move into the yellow tier.

"According to the state’s reopening blueprint, here’s what is changing:

Amusement parks like Disneyland can increase capacity from 25% to 35%, but they’ll still have to keep capacity at indoors spaces at 25%."

Full article here.

Karin

Saw the reservation calendar for the parks seemed to open up again as well since the news broke.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    What was the DAS process like compared to before? Same as always? Easier or more difficult? Can you apply at the Information Kiosks or do you have to go to City Hall first thing? Do you get return times at the Kiosks or at the ride itself? There has been very little information about DAS at DL, so thank you for any help you can give!
    The doors at City Hall are now closed & you have to scan a QR code to join their wait-list; the alternative is that you can go to any Information kiosk to request a DAS. The kiosk by Plaza Inn was busy at park opening, so I went to the one in Tomorrowland today with no wait! The CM gave me the ability to get return times with my ticket based on my current health issues; there are several attractions at DL where you can get a "local" return time AT the attraction (e.g. Peter, Alice, BTMR, Space, Indy, HM, & Splash), which is different from the regular return times you request at the kiosks at both DL & DCA & can be held separately. You can request a return time for an attraction at a different park if you have a park hopper ticket. There are no "local" attractions at DCA to get return times... hope this helps!

I just wish my health was better, so I didn't need the assistance!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    The doors at City Hall are now closed & you have to scan a QR code to join their wait-list; the alternative is that you can go to any Information kiosk to request a DAS. The kiosk by Plaza Inn was busy at park opening, so I went to the one in Tomorrowland today with no wait! The CM gave me the ability to get return times with my ticket based on my current health issues; there are several attractions at DL where you can get a "local" return time AT the attraction (e.g. Peter, Alice, BTMR, Space, Indy, HM, & Splash), which is different from the regular return times you request at the kiosks at both DL & DCA & can be held separately. You can request a return time for an attraction at a different park if you have a park hopper ticket. There are no "local" attractions at DCA to get return times... hope this helps!

wow - its complicated if you have health issues. Sorry to any guest having to go through this - regular kiosk, local specific kiosk... wow..
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post

This does help -- thank you! The return times at the rides (local return times?) is new to me -- haven't done that before. Agree about wishing I didn't need the assistance -- and don't even use it on good days -- but so glad it is there when needed.

How is getting food going? Are there places that you can walk up to, order and pay, or are does all ordering have to be done on the mobile app? Also if I want to eat at noon, do I have to make my order at 9 am? Thanks

How is getting food going? Are there places that you can walk up to, order and pay, or are does all ordering have to be done on the mobile app? Also if I want to eat at noon, do I have to make my order at 9 am? Thanks
    I've seen some say that its a mix but there is no real list of what is mobile only and ones that allow walk up. Disney made it sound like the mobile order was just another option but that isn't the case in some places like Ronto's from what Karin said on here and the Mint Julip Bar I've understood is mobile order as well. I think I've seen that the Tropical Hideaway is mobile only as well but someone else would have to confirm that. Yet from what I've seen said it looks like many are pushing it and not many walk ups. Its one of those things there needs to be a list of it all. Yet I'd say depending on where you are going to eat you might want to just be ready to mobile order that morning for the time you want.

The only significantly delayed place we saw was Tropical Hideaway -- we had a two-hour delay for Dole Whip at 3pm. All of our other orders (Paradise Garden Grill, Cozy Cone 3, Jolly Holiday) continued to have the "Now-xx:00" option when we were looking. We didn't see a cashier option at any of those places; seemed like CMs were directing to the app or standing with a tablet in case of someone who didn't have the ability to mobile order. Kiosks (churros, hot dogs, etc.) were all still walk-up to order and pay.

Blog Entries
    looks like some blogs out there that are popular are covering what is truly open or not for walk up (Jolly Holiday is one - mobile or walk up) but things can change. When the parks first opened French Market had both walk up and mobile order - but then a week later changed to mobile order only. And now that in park capacity has gone up - as well as indoor dining - I hope that alleviates some pressure. However, it seems Disneyland's issue is not guest traffic but cast member availability. Some additional food places have opened recently (like Paradise Garden Grill) but with Mobile Order there is a built in timing that is adhered to (how many orders can be made by the staff who can make it). Overall the best advice for now is not to be random. Plan your meals and when you first get in the park put in your orders and timing. You can then click the "Im here" later so they make it fresh.

Stage Door and the Corndog wagon are mobile only and like Dole Whip, plan ahead if you want your corndog. Award Weiners has corndogs as that return time is not as long. Plaza Inn had both lines available as did Galactic Grill. Flo's has standby and Mobile Order at a separate door.

And many of us enjoyed watching your kids grow up at DL. But he can't be 9.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Exactly! I can still see him clearly in the stroller at the Halloween Party...
    Thanks! Day 1 of 2 is in the books. I got em here at 7:30am to line up and as I type this it’s 9:30pm and I’m sitting at the drop on Harbor to pick them up any second. I spent nearly the entire day at Mickey and Friends/ made three walks to the resort to take and get stuff from them. I’ll find out about their day and try to post a few pictures. It’s great to be back even if only vicariously.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Disneyland to End Temperature Checks June 15.

here.

Karin

Blog Entries

someone today posted an intersting thought. There is still a lot of angst around no APs - not just here but also in WDW where APs seem to not offer any benefit anymore if you cant use your pass whenever. Even after opening up - and especially since Bob Chapek today said that Virtual Queues and Park Passes (reservations) are here to stay (i.e. - come in and shop and eat if you cant ride anythning).

So the interesting post I saw is someone commented on the fact this was a good thing. They said "50K guests at $80 per is $4M day in revenue. 30K guests at $150 per is a $4.5M day in revenue. Shorter lines. Open availability. Less Congestions. Makes it more of a destination than a social club. Its just business"

he's kind of right in that if all of the Operations were working at top performance AND they kept these other measures around MAYBE this would work in the future for Disney revenues. However, DCA still doesn't sell out every single day and with them spending a lot of money and time on merch, food, and experiences that seem to still be geared to APs I wonder if in the long run the numbers won't be as expected. They could, of course, just continue to raise prices across the board. The true view wont happen for several years because of pent up demand - but it will be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    So the interesting post I saw is someone commented on the fact this was a good thing. They said "50K guests at $80 per is $4M day in revenue. 30K guests at $150 per is a $4.5M day in revenue. Shorter lines. Open availability. Less Congestions. Makes it more of a destination than a social club. Its just business"
    The problem with this is that Disney enjoyed being, if not a social club, then a gym. Where people would buy passes with the intention to go back, and then not manage to find the time to actually do so.

Based on the pre-closure prices, The Signature Plus passes (valid 365 days) earned Disney $3.97 per day; the Signature (valid 351 days) $3.42 per valid day, $3.28 per calendar day; Flex (sort of valid 251 days) $1.83 per valid day, $1.78 per calendar day; Deluxe (valid 296 days) $2.80 per valid day, $2.27 per calendar day; and So Cal Select (valid 143 days) $2.93 per valid day, $1.15 per calendar day. Assuming without knowing that Disneyland did in fact have the widely rumored 1,000,000 pass holders, and for the sake of this that they are all So Cal Selects, Disney was receiving $1.15M per day in passive pass holder income, regardless of how many actually were in the park. And if instead you assume that they were all the next highest pass level, then that increases to $1.83M. That's a lot of revenue to make up, and it's guaranteed revenue even if it's an extra rainy winter or a horribly hot summer.

My expectation is that the median passholder visits once a month or so, with the extremes including people who buy a pass then never return and those who go daily. I am assuming, without knowing, that Disney is trying to figure out how to monetize passholders who want to visit at approximately that frequency, while discouraging those who go significantly more often. And since I'm not a daily park goer (and haven't been since the 40th anniversary promotion) I choose to believe that whatever the next iteration of Disneyland membership is, that it will be geared to me.

The thing is I don't think it means shorter lines like the person thinks by that logic. If they up capacity to what it originally could be at any day of the week, as things loosen more on the COVID guidelines, there will be more going. APs on either coast or not, they will go. There have been plenty that said they were waiting for those guidelines to go away or at least not have masks outdoors. WDW is not short waits in many cases from what I've read. Yet as the person said, Disney is a business, so with that they will want to go back to packing as many people as they can in the parks again as soon as they can. They don't care if its a ticket holder or APer. Sure there is APers (and sorry but ticket holders of all kinds as well) that don't spend much in the parks but there are plenty more that do as well. I've seen plenty of day ticket and multi day ticket holders that don't spend extra because they don't care to shop like some do or rather eat outside the parks. So yes, its a business wanting to make as much as they can every day but they do not care how they get it. I have a feeling this new offering we get will be done in some manner to get the most they can moneywise.

We'll see if DCA gets more crowded after June 4th. I think right now it works for them that one park isn't selling out. Maybe you can't plan a last minute trip to Disneyland, but there is still some semblance of spontaneity if you have a free day and can decide to at least one of the parks.

Now those out of state that have been waiting (and not breaking rules/guidelines) can have your official date to come back to the parks here, June 15th. Which I think we all knew was probably a given. And its also here and looks as if the reservation window is now extended out to 120 days now.