Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

Pammer, if it's any consolation, my wait jumped to less than a minute, then I heard a little fanfare music, and was able to get to the reservations window very easily! Since I already purchased my tickets and added them to my account, I was able to select Reservations from the top menu.

2. # ADS

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jananafish View Post
    Pammer, if it's any consolation, my wait jumped to less than a minute, then I heard a little fanfare music, and was able to get to the reservations window very easily! Since I already purchased my tickets and added them to my account, I was able to select Reservations from the top menu.
    Whoo-hoo for you!!! I'm still at "more than an hour" on all 3 devices, but will keep checking!!!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

About 1:00 my phone gave me a 29 minute countdown that didn't take that long. G&M may have to cancel so we made theirs separately, since you can't modify. The other 4 devices all still said more than an hour. With a little finessing I was able to navigate to a place I could log myself out and G was able to log in and make theirs. So 32 day countdown for us.

I and my friends had 3 day hoppers bought in 2020. On Monday we got our dates for our trip, however my friend needs one more 3 day hopper. She was in the q at 8 am and at 11 am text me that she had to leave for a trip and could not stay on anymore. I told her I would buy it and got in the q at 11 am. I have been looking at "more than an hour" for 3 hours now.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i got online at 7am. multiple browsers, devices, etc. at 940am my clock started to move. From 49 min to - at 1005am. 2 day one park per day - June 4th and another day. i consider myself lucky. All of my Chrome browser windows (and firefox) stayed in the "more than an hour" while my Edge browser was able to connect at 940am. even after I was done the other browsers will still "more than an hour"

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I'm still waiting...

Concern: I linked the passes on the app, but they don't show up when I log on to the website...I hope they will if & when I ever get to the reservation screen on the website!

Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Pammer, mine didnt show up in my account either, but as soon as I got to the reservation page (finally around 2:15pm) they were there on the page ready to be clicked on. You should be fine!

Anyone still waiting? I'm still at "more than an hour" from starting in the waiting room before 8am.

Quote Originally Posted by flippity21 View Post
    Anyone still waiting? I'm still at "more than an hour" from starting in the waiting room before 8am.
    I saw a lot on other boards saying they are still waiting. Some others that look like they just joined in the waiting game after work as well.

BTW, a little something funny. Disney's blog has a Top 10 for things they can't wait to experience at Disneyland again...one was Mickey pretzels. Did someone not get the list of what wasn't going to be open? Pretzel carts. I know the only spot we could get it during ATOD was Bayside Brews in DCA and that was on the closed list. No carts in DL as well or other options. So they should have shared where one might be able to grab that pretzel in either park or picked a different food item like churros or popcorn. LOL
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by flippity21 View Post
    I was in the queue from 7:30 to 3:30. Around 11 it was "recalculating" for quite awhile. Guessing that is when it was down? After that it went back to "more than an hour." My queue # stayed the same the entire time which was helpful to my nerves.

The hour countdown was pretty spot on for me. Once on the site, I had to figure out that I needed to go to the "cart" to purchase the tickets. Once purchased they were automatically linked to the account and the reservation part was pretty clear cut. Wait, no, I freaked a moment as you can only reserve one day at a time. We bought park hoppers. I found I could easily go back and add each day separately. Took some time but all days for the month of May were still available

Wishing everyone lots of luck and magic in reserving your days!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I saw a lot on other boards saying they are still waiting. Some others that look like they just joined in the waiting game after work as well.

BTW, a little something funny. Disney's blog has a Top 10 for things they can't wait to experience at Disneyland again...one was Mickey pretzels. Did someone not get the list of what wasn't going to be open? Pretzel carts. I know the only spot we could get it during ATOD was Bayside Brews in DCA and that was on the closed list. No carts in DL as well or other options. So they should have shared where one might be able to grab that pretzel in either park or picked a different food item like churros or popcorn. LOL
    left not knowing what the right is doing...
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

btw at 6pm my queue now says 36 minutes. this is my second stint in the queue (since 1pm). all Im trying to do is change a reservation.

Funny and ironic "synergy" - I saw a story where WDW's website and their MyDisneyMagic app were both experiencing technical difficulties with digital services. Im guessing the entire ticketing and reservations systems are all on one set of servers. Maybe now that WDW got affected by this they'll say "We cant have this - we need to upgrade and separate the servers". well, I can dream cant I?

I am still in the q after 7 hours.

Pammer you can not see your linked ticket on the web site, but you can on the app.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    I was in the q 8:00am.

Countdown “under an hour” began 4:14pm.

Ticket was purchased just before 5:00pm. Made park reservations within 5 minutes of that. Quite an ordeal.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Pammer you can not see your linked ticket on the web site, but you can on the app.
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I left to go out to dinner and my time came up on Microsoft Edge (laptop) while I was gone, and you only get 10mins to act on it! I'm back in another "more than an hour" wait queue again there; no update on Firefox yet. My phone added a bar code to the screen around 8pm, which is about halfway filled in; there is also a line that starts with "Status las updated" with the current time, and a little blinking blue dot above it. I may just have to give up in a couple of hours and try again for reservations tomorrow!
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I left to go out to dinner and my time came up on Microsoft Edge (laptop) while I was gone, and you only get 10mins to act on it! I'm back in another "more than an hour" wait queue again there; no update on Firefox yet. My phone added a bar code to the screen around 8pm, which is about halfway filled in; there is also a line that starts with "Status las updated" with the current time, and a little blinking blue dot above it. I may just have to give up in a couple of hours and try again for reservations tomorrow!
    Looks like there are still a lot of open dates. I just checked. There are a few dates that Disneyland is all booked but not DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Looks like there are still a lot of open dates. I just checked. There are a few dates that Disneyland is all booked but not DCA.
    That's what I'm counting on! We want May 18-20 (2 days start at DL and one day start at DCA)!
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    That's what I'm counting on! We want May 18-20 (2 days start at DL and one day start at DCA)!
    We are arriving 1 day before you. 2 DL, 2 DCA starts

Those are single day tickets and park hoppers that DL is the starting park but DCA as the starting park with park hopper was available. The look to be weekend days this is happening with. Also DCA single day was gone for June 4th and 5th but DL as your starting park with park hopper still available and DCA park hopper.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Because nothing can ever be easy or normal, a recruiter I had been waiting to call me "after 24 hours" a week ago called me just after my booking our trip. And I have to cancel and move our dates But yay! Good news all around!

We are arriving 1 day before you. 2 DL, 2 DCA starts
    Oh cool...maybe we can cross paths!
    Pam

Finally got in at 12:45 am. Got the one park hopper ticket I needed and selected my dates. Just about 12 hours.

Looks like only June 5th sold out for both single day and park hoppers but June 12th is only sold out for single day with park hoppers still available.

Finally got in at 12:45 am. Got the one park hopper ticket I needed and selected my dates. Just about 12 hours.
    That is just crazy that it took so long for so many. SMH Glad you got what you wanted though.

Blog Entries

i was curious so this morning before 7 I checked the site and the wait popped up as 28 min. By 8am it was back to more than an hour. And there are still lots of days left but as stated you have to check combinations to see whats the best deal for you.

Wow...yesterday is now my "wildest ride in the wilderness"! I was online before 7am, decided to buy from Undercover Tourist around 9:45am when it seemed like I was getting nowhere (I expected it to be crazy, but yesterday was nuts!), finally got my tickets linked through the app because the website wouldn't let me, then had 2 browsers (Microsoft Edge & Firefox) plus my phone in the queue FOREVER!!! I missed out when the Edge option came up and reentered that queue around 8:30pm. Around 10pm, the Firefox browser started its countdown, got to 15mins, and then reset to "more than an hour" until about 11:15pm! I finally got my park reservations with it just before midnight...a very long day! Now I wish I'd just waited until today after yesterday's craziness had subsided, because my days are still open and I could have purchased my tickets with the Disney gift card like I originally wanted to do! Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm very excited (and tired) to be going back in 31 days!!!

BTW...I saved the screen showing my reservations and have the emails with the QR codes, but they aren't viewable in the website (if I click on the link to view my park reservations, it throws me into the queue again, which is less than an hour right now!)...FYI if anyone else has the same issue.

Pam