Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Thank you -- knowing to look for umbrellas in a different spot is helpful!
    Specifically, the umbrella in Tomorrowland has moved to in front of the Launchbay. I didn't look for the Fantasyland one, and the on in NOS is in the same place.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

2. # ADS

A few more food options opening here:

Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
    Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
    Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
    Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
    Storytellers Caf (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
    GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    A few more food options opening here:

Paradise Garden Grill (opening May 13)
    Alfresco Tasting Terrace (opening May 20 exclusively for Legacy Passholders and their guests; online reservations available May 18)
    Blue Bayou Restaurant (opening May 27; online reservations available May 18)
    Napa Rose (opening May 28 – dinner only; online reservations available May 18)
    Storytellers Caf (opening May 28 – breakfast and dinner – no characters; online reservations available May 18)
    GCH Craftsman Bar (New! Excited to announce online reservations will be available May 28)
    thanks for the list. I went to DPB and looked at the pix of all the food and it struck me - some of those you dont know where they are being served. I mean the cupake is Jolly Holiday, the Pixar Pier Parfait is DCA, the dole whip I assume is Tangaroa terrace, and the tacos are Cocina Cucamonga (just because I've seen it in other posts). The rest of it though - where is it being served? Im curious (oh, I think the Pizza is craftsman grill).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Just saw that the Tropical Hideaway added Bao's to the menu. I did not see them last week, only Dole Whips. Hopefully more places will be adding.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Did anyone happen to go yesterday or today and experience using the Virtual Queue for Indy? I'm curious how well it worked.

Karin

I was at Disneyland with girlfriends last Saturday and didn't notice, but was wondering if anyone knew if Cafe Orleans has added Pommes Frites or Beignets to their menu? My family and I are going in the next week and we have reservations, but I've been waffling on whether to keep them or not since those are the only reasons we go there. Maybe we just want to cancel and order Beignets from the MJB. Thanks!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quisty View Post
    I was at Disneyland with girlfriends last Saturday and didn't notice, but was wondering if anyone knew if Cafe Orleans has added Pommes Frites or Beignets to their menu?
    Not according to the app, no.
    Karin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quisty View Post
    I was at Disneyland with girlfriends last Saturday and didn't notice, but was wondering if anyone knew if Cafe Orleans has added Pommes Frites or Beignets to their menu? My family and I are going in the next week and we have reservations, but I've been waffling on whether to keep them or not since those are the only reasons we go there. Maybe we just want to cancel and order Beignets from the MJB. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Not according to the app, no.
    On the menu - Pommes Frites are listed as a side to entrees (sandwiches and you can sub fries for other sides) - but not available as a sharable basket. No beignets - you will have to go to MJB. They do offer bottomless mint julep at Cafe Orleans - if you like that sort of thing.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

Today during the WDC earnings call Bob Chapek mentioned that WDW will be increasing the capacity immediately based on CDC guidelines that changed today (5/13/2021). I would expect California to align themselves as close as possible to those guidelines while also maintaining the color levels. However, Newsom stated today that come June 15th all mask mandates will be removed in almost all circumstances as of June 15th. So fully expect capacity to go up soon at Disneyland and a lot more restrictions to be lifted. After June 15th I expect the parks to be quite busy though Im not confident that Disneyland can get back to its operating efficiency by then given the current state of CMs and ops. Hopefully they will get there.

When we bought our tickets via the Disneyland site they were automatically sent to my APP. YAY! After I secured my reservations I was emailed a reservation # and barcode type box (sorry I don't remember what it's called Do I need to show both at the gate? Is there any way I can move my reservation "code" to the APP or do I need to switch back and forth on my phone?
    As an alternate, I printed out each days reservation email.

Quote Originally Posted by amazedncal View Post
    When we bought our tickets via the Disneyland site they were automatically sent to my APP. YAY! After I secured my reservations I was emailed a reservation # and barcode type box (sorry I don't remember what it's called Do I need to show both at the gate? Is there any way I can move my reservation "code" to the APP or do I need to switch back and forth on my phone?
    I have my tickets on my app and the description of my reservation. However, the QR code only shows on my email not in the app or on my Disney account. On my account, it has a tab to send the QR code to my email (kind of tells me you can not get the QR code on the app). The way I understand it is that you have to show your ticket and the QR code. So either have the ticket ready on your app on your phone and the email open with the QR code. Or print them both out.

Thank you jpmorgan I'll bring the print outs in case I'm not quick enough with my phone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amazedncal View Post
    The QR code is back up of your reservation. It is only asked for should your ticket not come up with a reservation at the gate, so just have the email on your phone available. (This is said after I spent time making sure all our tickets and QR codes matched up for 8 people, had them all neatly stapled together, and it wasn't needed.....)
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Of course Mal tells me this after I printed them.

Thank you candles7 I appreciate the information!! Hoping to not be that person that everyone in line is rolling their eyes at

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Of course Mal tells me this after I printed them.
    LOL...Me too! But I like to be prepared...we fly down tomorrow!!!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

I am hoping that all I need is the ticket and it is backed up with the reservation (thanks Malcon). However, I am going to have the email with the QR code ready. In addition, I am printing out both my ticket and QR code since I am afraid of tech not working when I need it. Too much time and money spent on this trip to have it all rely on my phone (I like to have back-ups to my back-ups).

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    I am hoping that all I need is the ticket and it is backed up with the reservation (thanks Malcon). However, I am going to have the email with the QR code ready. In addition, I am printing out both my ticket and QR code since I am afraid of tech not working when I need it. Too much time and money spent on this trip to have it all rely on my phone (I like to have back-ups to my back-ups).
    When I go places that require a QR code, my typical (first) backup is to take a screenshot of the screen. That way, I don't have to log-in again if I get logged out and don't have to rely on cell phone/internet service working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    Us too. At our daughter's for tonight since they are 35 minutes closer to the airport.

Us too. At our daughter's for tonight since they are 35 minutes closer to the airport.
    Safe travels!!!
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Have fun you guys! Look forward to hearing about your trips.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Safe travels!!!
    You, too. On the ground in Long Beach but our gate is occupied.

You, too. On the ground in Long Beach but our gate is occupied.
    Wow...you are an early-bird flier! We don't leave until this afternoon.
    Pam

I went on Friday, 5/14. Arrived to the Anaheim Hotel at 7:50am to try to park there; lot was already full and had a $35 parking sign (I'd previously seen $20 advertised). Abandoned that and went to Mickey and Friends, which was already letting folks pay and park. We were maybe 6-8 cars back and the lines moved quickly. Temperature check and walk through the tram route were not crowded, and I saw that security was ensuring mask compliance (I even watched them pull someone aside wearing a gaitor to address that it's not an approved mask).

We started in DCA -- Toy Story was walk-on(!!!) and Radiator Springs had a posted 40-minute wait. We opted to wait on that one and watched it fluctuate between 40-60 minutes. Eventually we gave in and waited the 40 minutes, and the wait was pretty close to the posted time. When we rode Soarin', the posted time was 40 minutes, the app said 30 minutes, and our actual wait was 11 minutes. YMMV. Little Mermaid was walk-on. We mobile-ordered food from Cozy Cone 3 and the Paradise Garden Grill, both of which had lines when you actually returned for food (and CMs wouldn't let you get in the lines until your app was stating that your order was ready). Not sure if the mobile ordering actually saved time since there were still lines at each place, but I don't think it was less efficient than before? Maybe just neutral. We got into the Rise queue from DCA without issue, and our estimated wait was three hours from the noon point that we got into the queue.

We went over to Disneyland at 1pm (after grabbing a mobile-order Starbucks from Downtown Disney -- that seemed to be one of the only locations within the park that didn't have mobile order, and the line was LONG). No issues with lines at the gate getting in. We were unable to get into the Indy virtual queue; it was full. We rode Alice with a 10-minute wait, Snow White with 25-minute wait (after one breakdown, but we had JUST gotten into the line when it broke, so no real loss), Big Thunder with a 20-minute wait, Mansion with a 30-minute wait, Star Tours with a 15-minute wait, Space Mountain with a 40-minute wait. The last couple hours of the day, they stopped using the virtual queue for Indy. We rode that as our last ride as an almost-walk-on. Posted wait was 15 minutes. We mobile ordered Tropical Hideaway (with a two-hour delay -- plan ahead for Dole Whip!!) and Jolly Holiday. Tropical Hideaway also had a sizeable line even despite the mobile orders, again with CMs not letting you get in the line until the app says your order is ready. Jolly Holiday had no queue once the app stated our orders were ready, we just walked right up and grabbed food.

Main Street stores all had lines to get in once the park closed, and the World of Disney line looked like it would take well over an hour after park close. We went into Wonderground and the Star Wars store in Downtown Disney without any line on our way back to the parking structure.

Thanks Shortpix77 for sharing that. When we went to ATOD we saw security stop a guy with a neck gaiter there and explain where to go get a mask if he had needed one but his wife had one. Thankfully there was no issue with changing out. Hopefully it was easy enough to be handle for the one you saw. How was compliance in general on everything in place right now? Sounds like it was a good day though for you guys and glad the boarding group was easy to snag for Rise at noon.