Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

Glad you guys had fun! That is crazy on the mobile order.

Mind you the DCA park hopper tickets for yesterday were not sold out. Today and tomorrow look to be sold out though so will be interesting to see how wait times are and how it looks in the parks.

Sadly we know there will be those that no matter what will never follow rules and even when caught ignore what they are told. Glad they were better at the distancing yesterday than the preview day in lines. I know its nice to not have to be so close to others but more so on a hot day.

BTW, I usually take a some advil before bed when I feel sore like that from a ton of walking when I haven't for a while and it helps to wake up easier the next day and move around...at least for me it helps.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    BTW, I usually take a some advil before bed when I feel sore like that from a ton of walking when I haven't for a while and it helps to wake up easier the next day and move around...at least for me it helps.
    Indeed I took some ibuprofen before bed last night. It helped immensely, for sure, just still able to feel it a touch this AM, but loads better than I know it would've been without it.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Indeed I took some ibuprofen before bed last night. It helped immensely, for sure, just still able to feel it a touch this AM, but loads better than I know it would've been without it.
    Good to hear!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From the different reports I saw it was glowing praise up to "some hiccups but overall good". Mobile ORder took the prize for most issues. However, I will note that one vlogger (ordinary adventures) noticed that French Market mobile order was extremely long - but they had walk up available. You get your food freshly prepared and not too much of a wait. I guess the pro tip is to figure out if the food place you want to visit is taking walk ups and do it that way - since all the push and notices are for everyone to use mobile order.

I keep thinking that the reason for the delays is the lack of enough CMs working - but it could also be that they cant have as many CMs working due to possible workplace distancing. For example - I heard that a 2 man station in Jolly Holiday will now only be staffed by one. But it takes two to make it work efficiently. So add all that up and you may get some added delays.

THanks Karin for your info. Always good to get some actual insight from on site guests. I wonder if Sat/Sun will be any different.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

I read a thread yesterday that was very interesting. The speculation is that the parks capacity right now is not even close to 25% so as to allow park hopping. Its also speculated that they wont increase it to allowable levels because they make more money off the park hopper - the DCA park hoppers are still readily available. So messing with the limits in order to increase profit. Its very interesting theory. Though the public has not yet really bit on the offer yet so we will see if this works in the long run. As soon as the parks open to out of state then they probably will sell a bunch of those too.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I was reading some reviews of people acting as if mobile order was always open and easy to do. Then of course a few that it wasn't so much. I think some forget that just because a time is open in mobile order doesn't mean there isn't a back up at the location or some issue going on. Even before COVID there was complaints about mobile order and the waits. I think with this Disney needs to make it more clear on where one can actually do a walk up or not because the blog made it sound like mobile order was just an option. Yet I've read someone say they tried to walk up at the Mint Julep Bar and got told mobile order only. If that is the case Disney should have made it clear. In the case of the French market mentioned above, it was doing walk ups and no problem. I am sure there are less workers in locations right now but at the same time when the menus are limited it shouldn't get so backed up or they should be doing smaller numbers of orders in each time option. Mix in that you want people to keep distant but they will crowd around those locations until the app tells them their order is ready. We saw this a few times as well at ATOD where things were backed up.

And with capacity, I think its a guessing game but I had wondered if they would do it in such a manner that park hoppers were taken into consideration so it wouldn't even up over the 25%. It would make sense so that they didn't have anyone outside the gates waiting and it was a breeze to go back and forth.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    From the different reports I saw it was glowing praise up to "some hiccups but overall good". Mobile ORder took the prize for most issues. However, I will note that one vlogger (ordinary adventures) noticed that French Market mobile order was extremely long - but they had walk up available. You get your food freshly prepared and not too much of a wait. I guess the pro tip is to figure out if the food place you want to visit is taking walk ups and do it that way - since all the push and notices are for everyone to use mobile order.

I keep thinking that the reason for the delays is the lack of enough CMs working - but it could also be that they cant have as many CMs working due to possible workplace distancing. For example - I heard that a 2 man station in Jolly Holiday will now only be staffed by one. But it takes two to make it work efficiently. So add all that up and you may get some added delays.

THanks Karin for your info. Always good to get some actual insight from on site guests. I wonder if Sat/Sun will be any different.
    I saw the Ordinary Adventures vlog from Reopening Day last night and saw what you mentioned about their French Market experience. Absolutely, always check for walk-up availability. At least when we were at Ronto Roasters on Friday, they were *only* allowing mobile ordering. We tried walk-up first cuz we saw on the app that the soonest mobile ordering return time wasn't for 90 mins. In the end it was ok-ish. We were hot and tired and found a table "inside" at RR and sat in the shade and waited. We would've preferred to have eaten sooner, sure, but since we were out of the sun, we were ok.
    Karin

We went yesterday and had a pretty good visit. We did use mobile ordering and there were long waits at most restaurants. We ended up ordering Belgal BBQ for lunch. We used fastpass without any issues. Snow White, Pirates and Mansion we used a return time for the disabled access. We head back when Avengers opens next month.

If they do not increase the ease and time to get food, I believe that on my visit I will leave the park at lunch and dinner to eat in DTD.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyredhead View Post
    We went yesterday and had a pretty good visit. We did use mobile ordering and there were long waits at most restaurants. We ended up ordering Belgal BBQ for lunch. We used fastpass without any issues. Snow White, Pirates and Mansion we used a return time for the disabled access. We head back when Avengers opens next month.
    What was the DAS process like compared to before? Same as always? Easier or more difficult? Can you apply at the Information Kiosks or do you have to go to City Hall first thing? Do you get return times at the Kiosks or at the ride itself? There has been very little information about DAS at DL, so thank you for any help you can give!

I am going with my kids and another couple with their kids (7 of us total). I have linked my kids and my ticket to my account. The others did the same with their account. Now it seems that in order to get a time to go on the new star wars ride we should all be on the same account. Can you have a ticket linked to more than one account, or do you have to remove it first?

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgan View Post
    I am going with my kids and another couple with their kids (7 of us total). I have linked my kids and my ticket to my account. The others did the same with their account. Now it seems that in order to get a time to go on the new star wars ride we should all be on the same account. Can you have a ticket linked to more than one account, or do you have to remove it first?
    You can have them linked to multiple accounts. We did this pre-pandemic; we'd have all tickets on the accounts of anyone who would be trying to get the Rise reservation. Apparently that feature was broken right when they opened ticket sales again, but I've seen reports that it's fixed now and can be done (haven't tried it yet myself since my date is over a week out).

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    You can have them linked to multiple accounts. We did this pre-pandemic; we'd have all tickets on the accounts of anyone who would be trying to get the Rise reservation. Apparently that feature was broken right when they opened ticket sales again, but I've seen reports that it's fixed now and can be done (haven't tried it yet myself since my date is over a week out).
    I was seeing reports and complaints on other posts on SM of not being able to add your ticket to someone else's account. My daughter has since scanned her and her husband's tickets into my app. They have separate reservations for reasons. As soon as the park was ready to open that seemed to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I was seeing reports and complaints on other posts on SM of not being able to add your ticket to someone else's account. My daughter has since scanned her and her husband's tickets into my app. They have separate reservations for reasons. As soon as the park was ready to open that seemed to be fixed.
    Yes, that glitch has been fixed. And the BG process now chooses your group according to which tickets have reservations for that day, allowing you to skip that step. Good job, Disney IT!

Blog Entries

I have an interesting thought on an observation. Today Disneyland announced that the Alfresco Terrace is returning for Legacy Passholders to visit privately while at DCA. Park admission and park reservation is required. It was funny when I saw a tweet attached to it saying "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BUY DAY TICKETS"

and that's what got me thinking. Disneyland keeps bringing back things like Popcorn buckets, the terrace, limited time food and merch - but only available inside the gates. Is there really a large market of former AP holders willing to pay daily rates to get in and enjoy these limited time offerings? I know there is a contingent of AP holders that are very wealthily or have determined that they would spend whatever to be part of the Disney magic - but it just seems like such a money grab to keep putting out these enticements over and over again but no real way to enjoy it. Did people who were not passholders pre-pandemic buy lots of day tickets to enjoy limited time experiences? I guess with so many locals going - passes or not - they have a large market to tap into and can make their dollars the old school way. As an LP myself I just find it amazing to assume we'd all go and buy day tickets to do this in droves. I'm curious if anyone else here feels the same way.

"PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BUY DAY TICKETS"
    LOL seems to sum it up doesn't it? IMO its not worth the price for such things. Yet there are some that will pay anything that Disney asks for limited events/merchandise and to get in for it all. Obviously its a push to try to see if it will pull some of us LPs into the park(s) but when you have some waiting still on refunds, mad about how they got rid of APS and costs of tickets to the parks its going to make many rethink giving money right now....even for that limited offering of any kind. I've seen comments though from those that decided they don't find things worth the cost Disney is asking for a day and will wait for whatever the new passes will look like....all the way to those that have gone a few days already and planning for either more days this month or for ones over each month after.

BTW, I still don't have mine or the kids showing up for LP on the app. I've filled in the form and ended up told I have to fill it out again each time I've tried to talk to them because its a different person. My husband's is in the app. Which even weirder is that I log online and see mine but no one else's. Go figure.

Is there really a large market of former AP holders willing to pay daily rates to get in and enjoy these limited time offerings?
    The answer is no, there isn't. Speaking only for my family of 5 and myself of course. If / When the 'annual memberships' (or whatever euphemism they're using for annual passes) come into existence, I'll invest. In fact, the several thousand dollars refunded me recently by Disney for never-used annual passes is set aside specifically for that purpose. I can hold out as long as it takes. My kids are a separate story ....

I know there is a contingent of AP holders that are very wealthily or have determined that they would spend whatever to be part of the Disney magic
    We don't fall in this category, BUT my teen daughter had two days left from a pre-pandemic 3 day hopper. My 9yo recently had a birthday so we got him a two day hopper to match hers. He was over the moon. He actually began crying when he opened it; DL was such a cherished and dependable part of their childhoods ... it's really the thing they missed most during quarantine, I realized in that moment. The wife could take it or leave it. I'm happy to go back, but only at the right value.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

BTW, I still don't have mine or the kids showing up for LP on the app. I've filled in the form and ended up told I have to fill it out again each time I've tried to talk to them because its a different person. My husband's is in the app. Which even weirder is that I log online and see mine but no one else's. Go figure.
    I don't know if you've already tried this, but my friend who was having trouble connecting/seeing passes was advised to uninstall and reinstall the Ap on her phone. It half-worked, and she could suddenly see some (but not all) of their families tickets. These were the So Cal tickets, not LP, but if you haven't done an uninstall/reinstall there probably isn't any harm in trying?

We have a trip that we booked forever ago for a convention that has since been cancelled. We decided that we would still go, even if that meant playing in the pool if that was all that was open. Then they announced the Touch of Disney and we decided we would do that at least once, if that was our only option. Then they announced that the parks were re-opening, and we agreed that we would get 2-day, 1-park per day tickets. Then they announced the opening date of Avengers Campus, and that is how we slippery slopped our way to 5-day, park-hopper tickets.

After these tickets, I don't know when we will next go. It will probably take annual/membership passes or a really good promotion before we next buy tickets again. In the meantime, I'm contemplating if there are other theme parks that we would like passes for. When we last took a break from Disney, we had passes for a while to Sea World, Knotts, and Legoland.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I don't know if you've already tried this, but my friend who was having trouble connecting/seeing passes was advised to uninstall and reinstall the Ap on her phone. It half-worked, and she could suddenly see some (but not all) of their families tickets. These were the So Cal tickets, not LP, but if you haven't done an uninstall/reinstall there probably isn't any harm in trying?

We have a trip that we booked forever ago for a convention that has since been cancelled. We decided that we would still go, even if that meant playing in the pool if that was all that was open. Then they announced the Touch of Disney and we decided we would do that at least once, if that was our only option. Then they announced that the parks were re-opening, and we agreed that we would get 2-day, 1-park per day tickets. Then they announced the opening date of Avengers Campus, and that is how we slippery slopped our way to 5-day, park-hopper tickets.

After these tickets, I don't know when we will next go. It will probably take annual/membership passes or a really good promotion before we next buy tickets again. In the meantime, I'm contemplating if there are other theme parks that we would like passes for. When we last took a break from Disney, we had passes for a while to Sea World, Knotts, and Legoland.
    Thanks will try since it won't hurt to do so.

Oh I get it. I know if we decide at all to go ahead and spring for tickets we will just do 1 day park hoppers before June 15th. Still plenty open at this point. For us it wouldn't matter a starting park on it either. After that it would end up being a wait and hope something is announced in time for the holiday season when it comes to the passes/membership deal. Otherwise I will probably pay the cost for 1 day tickets at that time.

I had a pass for Universal Studios way back when I lived in Burbank in the later part of the 90s. Once I moved down this way it was DL passes since. We have had Knott's ones a few times though as well. My husband wants to get those again at some point.

If we were locals like a lot of you are, we'd just buy a couple 5 day hoppers and use them 5 days during the 2 week period they are valid. That's the best bang for your buck right now.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    If we were locals like a lot of you are, we'd just buy a couple 5 day hoppers and use them 5 days during the 2 week period they are valid. That's the best bang for your buck right now.
    easy to do if you're not working... tougher when you have a job and not too many days off. Its a great idea, though. I bought a 2 day 1 park per day to get a DCA day and a Disneyland day - but this has been problematic for changes (to be with friends) because 1 park per days are almost all gone. I will take 1 day off to go to DCA on June 4th but the other day Ive been trying to a sunday or saturday and no luck within the 13 day window.

If they release more availability I may be able to switch. Park hoppers would be easier to deal with but obviously more of an investment. They just did this for may a few days ago. A ton of days for Disneyland availability popped up and then 3 hours later all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    DL was such a cherished and dependable part of their childhoods ... it's really the thing they missed most during quarantine, I realized in that moment. .

And many of us enjoyed watching your kids grow up at DL. But he can't be 9.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    And many of us enjoyed watching your kids grow up at DL. But he can't be 9.
    Exactly! I can still see him clearly in the stroller at the Halloween Party...

Blog Entries
    That being said - I think the Opening Day for the public will be at max capacity allowed and it will be all public - Im sure during Cast previous CMs and their guests (they could bring up to three) were on their best behavior.
    The preview dates were running between 8-12% capacity. Disney is supposedly keeping capacity at about 18-20% thru May.

Thanks Karin for sharing. I just saw that it will officially open at the 25% capacity too. I''m curious how that will be when it comes to park hoping. If its going to feel even more than that once the afternoon comes or the same when it comes to crowd size.

I think there are going to be many that are feeling it when they have to walk back to the car at the end of the day. I was surprised with ATOD and that it didn't bug me as much as I thought it would. My issue is always trying to keep my pace up with my husband's and he at times doesn't realize he has to slow his down for my little legs. LOL Its going to be a rough walk for those with kids.

Look forward to how it goes for you guys tomorrow. Have fun!
    We were there April 28, 30 adn May 1 too! It was an absolute blast. Seeing all the CMs welcoming us back was so moving. On the 28th, we ended our day in DCA and walking out, all the CMs, leads, and suits were thanking us for coming and were just so happy. The morning of the 30th, we entered the park about 845a and I wasn't expecting to feel all the emotions I did. The CMs lining the street welcoming us, I saw so many CMs I knew, some were crying too, just being back!

I read a thread yesterday that was very interesting. The speculation is that the parks capacity right now is not even close to 25% so as to allow park hopping. Its also speculated that they wont increase it to allowable levels because they make more money off the park hopper - the DCA park hoppers are still readily available. So messing with the limits in order to increase profit. Its very interesting theory. Though the public has not yet really bit on the offer yet so we will see if this works in the long run. As soon as the parks open to out of state then they probably will sell a bunch of those too.
    Yes, they are keeping the capacity number about 18-20%, but not sure how it is a bigger grab, because they could go to 25% regardless. *MY* thought is it is staying low to allow more hotel space as needed. That said, reservations held for the hotel appear to release at the 5 day before the day.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    What was the DAS process like compared to before? Same as always? Easier or more difficult? Can you apply at the Information Kiosks or do you have to go to City Hall first thing? Do you get return times at the Kiosks or at the ride itself? There has been very little information about DAS at DL, so thank you for any help you can give!
    Not sure if you can get it at the various umbrellas, but otherwise it is same as before. Some umbrellas have been moved.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Not sure if you can get it at the various umbrellas, but otherwise it is same as before. Some umbrellas have been moved.
    Thank you -- knowing to look for umbrellas in a different spot is helpful!