MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Link is broken.
    Karin

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Link is broken.
    Worked for me when I clicked it right now. I know sometimes the links for Disney's official blog don't work though and I get errors from time to time on it.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ur-fingertips/

While the hotel room key is one thing and I know many thought should have been done long ago but the push for more mobile order/buying.
    Im with you. so much of a push on the mobile when we know the final checkout with anything mobile is a problem right now from an operational standpoint. Its not very fluid.

Link is broken.
    worked for me - maybe refresh your cache

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    I like the idea of being able to scan your items and check out at WOD, Emporium, etc. It will beat standing in those long check out lines. Especially when someone has purchased something for everyone in their family, their friends, their co-workers, their pets, etc.
    I've seen (and used) the process at WoD already (its been available for a while) and frankly its only great when you have one or two items. If you have a lot - there are not really places for you to lay out your merch and scan with your phone. Then when you bring them to the CM to do final checkout - if you have a lot of items they want to go through your bag and pull things out to verify. So how does that save time? especially if a lot of people do it and so you're waiting in a line for final CM review.

If it were like Amazon's checkout (scan and go, no need to stop and talk to anyone) then it would be really efficient but Disney doesn't have the trust or the sensors ready to support that. So often operational processes are created based on the single actor use case. not all use cases. Disney operations in the park knows this all too well with attractions that dont provide crowd handling well, etc. Now it seems though that management is pushing the ops models no matter what.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Im with you. so much of a push on the mobile when we know the final checkout with anything mobile is a problem right now from an operational standpoint. Its not very fluid.

worked for me - maybe refresh your cache

I've seen (and used) the process at WoD already (its been available for a while) and frankly its only great when you have one or two items. If you have a lot - there are not really places for you to lay out your merch and scan with your phone. Then when you bring them to the CM to do final checkout - if you have a lot of items they want to go through your bag and pull things out to verify. So how does that save time? especially if a lot of people do it and so you're waiting in a line for final CM review.

If it were like Amazon's checkout (scan and go, no need to stop and talk to anyone) then it would be really efficient but Disney doesn't have the trust or the sensors ready to support that. So often operational processes are created based on the single actor use case. not all use cases. Disney operations in the park knows this all too well with attractions that dont provide crowd handling well, etc. Now it seems though that management is pushing the ops models no matter what.
    Agree its not very fluid at all.

With the scan and go, agree its great for a few items but not for a lot. More so when you have to go through bags to see if that is what is in it or not. Then its a line to get out the door with your bags. I was curious how they know who is coming out that has shopped that way or bought at the register. Are the bags different? With the stores in the 2 parks this is being done at they would have to either make you stick with the entrance/exits only wouldn't they? Or else have a CM at each door dealing with it. Which as you said if to many use it and buy a lot then it creates a line that is worse then the line at the register and waiting. Which BTW, I've never had to stand in to long a line at the parks to buy things. Even during the holidays the lines moved pretty fast. Yet those are times when registers are all open with CMs.

With that my husband was saying that what would be better is if they let you go through scan what you would want to buy and either could check out then or wait to do it as the day goes on but come back later and its ready for pick up to go. I said it would be ok but at the same time I could see that as well create a line that at the end of the day you might as well have just shopped and stood in line yourself there too.

Mix in you can mobile order the special limited Jungle Cruise mugs from Trader Sam's. Does this seem like it makes it easier for a reseller to snag as much as they want this way....even with the limits per transaction?

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Worked for me when I clicked it right now. I know sometimes the links for Disney's official blog don't work though and I get errors from time to time on it.
    That one worked, thanks.
    Karin

That one worked, thanks.
    You're welcome and glad it finally did for you.

Blog Entries
    I was curious how they know who is coming out that has shopped that way or bought at the register. Are the bags different? With the stores in the 2 parks this is being done at they would have to either make you stick with the entrance/exits only wouldn't they? .....

Mix in you can mobile order the special limited Jungle Cruise mugs from Trader Sam's. Does this seem like it makes it easier for a reseller to snag as much as they want this way....even with the limits per transaction?
    Yes the mobile purchase bags are clear. They are not the printed "Disneyland Resort" bags. So - those with clear bags are stopped at the exit to check for a receipt. I think. I did it once and its what happened.

I did today's Tiki Mug purchase. THere was good and bad. Since it was a merch thing I thought "oh yeah, 7am is when you can start buying" so I get on the mobile app 7am at home - and no times were available PLUS a popup message appears that says the Special Edition mug (the dole whip glaze) was sold out. Odd I thought. I checked the Trader Sams Tiki Trade facebook group and apparently around 6am was when the ordering could begin. In hindisight this is kind of correct. THey stated in the announcement that Pickup times will be between 7am and 11am. You have to be savvy enough to remember that your chance to order would most likely be before a pickup time (maybe well before). So it worked as designed BUT wasnt clear on the directions compared to how you usually buy merch.

Then, surprisingly, more slots opened up. Of course only the brown mug. The limit was there for only 2 mugs. I know the limit was to each transaction - so more than likely I could have ordered again for 2 more (others did). I dont know if they had two waves all along - or just a glitch and more was provided. The nice thing was indeed pickup. Less people overall so a shorter wait. And held on the large (fake) lawn on the southwest corner of the hotel grounds. the 30 min parking window was a little tight but made it.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Thanks for that info on the shopping bags olegc. So basically in the end it would be up to guests going up to the CM and doing what they should and CMs keeping eye on bags as they go out the door.

Glad you got the mug easily. So darn early for all that and to deal with. LOL

Blog Entries
    .... And held on the large (fake) lawn on the southwest corner of the hotel grounds. the 30 min parking window was a little tight but made it.
    CORRECTION - Southeast corner of the grounds - near the Wedding gazebo. Southwest is under a bunch of dirt and behind construction walls ;-).

Blog Entries

Hey there - adding this to an older thread because it ties into the subject. I had a discussion with a neighbor who I just learned is in Entertainment (parades and character meet and greets). The neighbor said that they have been slowly bringing the entertainment cast back because they are being extra careful with how the cast can rehearse, perform, and prepare for shows without increasing risks. As soon as the deadline is reached for all CMs to be vaccinated this may change some of the procedures. I point this out because one of the speculations has been the lack of CMs in the park to operate the park was very noticeable and we wondered if it was a lack of desire to return or a move by Park management to hold back the staff and save money. So I thought I would share how CMs are getting the message. The neighbor also mentioned how stressful its been for non-entertainment CMs because of pressure to fill roles and switch parks to make Mgmt happy but it would impact their seniority and service records - so that was also confirmed from what I heard before.

Hey there - adding this to an older thread because it ties into the subject. I had a discussion with a neighbor who I just learned is in Entertainment (parades and character meet and greets). The neighbor said that they have been slowly bringing the entertainment cast back because they are being extra careful with how the cast can rehearse, perform, and prepare for shows without increasing risks. As soon as the deadline is reached for all CMs to be vaccinated this may change some of the procedures. I point this out because one of the speculations has been the lack of CMs in the park to operate the park was very noticeable and we wondered if it was a lack of desire to return or a move by Park management to hold back the staff and save money. So I thought I would share how CMs are getting the message. The neighbor also mentioned how stressful its been for non-entertainment CMs because of pressure to fill roles and switch parks to make Mgmt happy but it would impact their seniority and service records - so that was also confirmed from what I heard before.
    They obviously are trying to save money in this area along with other areas. Yet we also have known for months now they have been trying to basically screw over the CMs that have seniority and service records by telling trying to force them to work in a different role/park. I know my husband works with a lady that also works as a candy maker CM and she came back when things were reopening. Another person he works with, their daughter and her boyfriend both work in the parks. He was called back before she was and they both worked the same job. When they called her back they wanted her to work a different then she had before. We know that Chapek has said they wanted the parks to be back at 100% by the end of the year with capacity and such. It makes sense at this point to start bringing back the entertainment though. We know the Christmas parade is coming back so wouldn't it be time to get them all cast in roles and ready to go in Nov? Yet if Chapek and all them want to get the parks back up to that point they will really need to stop messing with the CMs as they have been.

Blog Entries
    They obviously are trying to save money in this area along with other areas. Yet we also have known for months now they have been trying to basically screw over the CMs that have seniority and service records by telling trying to force them to work in a different role/park. I know my husband works with a lady that also works as a candy maker CM and she came back when things were reopening. Another person he works with, their daughter and her boyfriend both work in the parks. He was called back before she was and they both worked the same job. When they called her back they wanted her to work a different then she had before. We know that Chapek has said they wanted the parks to be back at 100% by the end of the year with capacity and such. It makes sense at this point to start bringing back the entertainment though. We know the Christmas parade is coming back so wouldn't it be time to get them all cast in roles and ready to go in Nov? Yet if Chapek and all them want to get the parks back up to that point they will really need to stop messing with the CMs as they have been.
    this is why my neighbor is returning. During the year a character or dancer but primarily in Christmas Fantasy in the Toy Story unit.

Hopefully someone here has the definite answer to this-If you have a 3 day hopper pass and make reservations, you have to pick either DL or CA as your starting park as long as the calendar shows at least 1 of the 2 available. But can you still hop to CA if DL is the only available starting park? We know someone who was told they would only be able to go to DL if that was the case, but they have a Magic Key so maybe it's different with reservations for keyholders?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Hopefully someone here has the definite answer to this-If you have a 3 day hopper pass and make reservations, you have to pick either DL or CA as your starting park as long as the calendar shows at least 1 of the 2 available. But can you still hop to CA if DL is the only available starting park? We know someone who was told they would only be able to go to DL if that was the case, but they have a Magic Key so maybe it's different with reservations for keyholders?
    Anyone with a hopper ticket (or key) can hop after the designated time, regardless of what park(s) were available when the reservation was made.

Last week my kid had a starting point as DL, but when I decided to tag along after work only DCA was available. Since I wasn't going down there until after work, that didn't matter. Hopping was no problem (I did start at DCA just to be safe, but almost immediately thereafter went to DL).

If you have a park hopper then you can hop over to the non-starter park at 1pm. There hasn't been any day that I've seen where park hopping wasn't allowed here. Keyholders are allowed the same no matter what. It doesn't have a thing to do with if one of the parks is available to start in or not that day when it comes to hopping. It just matters that you have a reservation to start in DL or DCA for the day with either a park hopper ticket or Magic Key and then when 1pm comes you can hop to the other park. All Magic Keys are park hoppers so just like the 3 day park hopper you have, as long as they have reservations for the day they want to go they can park hop at 1pm as well.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I think there is always a chance that you would not be allowed to park-hop, but only in extreme situations such as no capacity at the second park (e.g. New Year's Eve)? Wasn't that also true pre-lockdown?

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I think there is always a chance that you would not be allowed to park-hop, but only in extreme situations such as no capacity at the second park (e.g. New Year's Eve)? Wasn't that also true pre-lockdown?
    Yes it would happen as well before COVID. It was always that week between Christmas and New Year's. Which is the WORSE of times to be there. Yet so far it hasn't happened yet here. I think that week like usual will be interesting to watch and see if it happens or any time leading up to it.

I think it was just a castmember by phone that was giving out the wrong information. She was saying that when you make reservations on an available day, if only 1 of the 2 parks was showing availability on the calendar at the time you process your reservation that would be the only park you could visit the entire day. She said both parks have to be showing on the day you are reserving in order to park hop.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries
    I think it was just a castmember by phone that was giving out the wrong information. She was saying that when you make reservations on an available day, if only 1 of the 2 parks was showing availability on the calendar at the time you process your reservation that would be the only park you could visit the entire day. She said both parks have to be showing on the day you are reserving in order to park hop.
    wow. Those outsourced phone call agents need more training...

We asked at the DCA gate how that would work back on September 3. We were leaving before we could hop but only DCA had had availability when we reserved the day before. The gate CM said you just hop like normal.

Blog Entries

I was trying to figure out where to post this - without starting a new thread - so I chose here.

I cant believe that Disney dining reservations open at 3am. I stayed up until 12 midnight to be sure to grab a couple of ressies I wanted for Dec 12th (today Oct 13th was the first day available). Well the date was clickable but no schedule. Then I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink and decided to check my phone - thinking "no way, they'll probably open at 6am like other times Ive reserved on the app). Nope - it was 340am and already the times were posted and some of the slots were already gone. Really? C'mon - why cant this be done at a little more reasonable hour? 6am on the West Coast is fine if I have to do it - knowing that these ressies will be a hot ticket during the holidays - especially on a weekend. I signed up for an alert service that trolls the website for times and all those emails came in at 340am - but I never checked my email for the alerts (I saw them later this morning).

I'm venting, and I'm sorry, but man more and more it seems like its a game for Disney - how much toil can we put our loyal fans through in order for them to prove their lotalty (and at times feel like fielty) to our company and brand.

olegc, I've seen so many complaints about this for a bit now. Its crazy. I told my husband that I was glad we don't bother with those places because the nightmare it has become to get a reservation for anything. Usually the only time I would grab ones was when my friend would come out and we would do a weekend at the parks. Yet with how it is now I would have to tell her sorry but no way it would happen. I noticed that the majority of those trying to get reservations are doing so to make sure they have at least one place to eat at each day there because of how mobile orders seem to be going. Yet again LOTS of complaints of issues with mobile order as well. Some of those are issues that are app issues. SMH Back to the reservations though, I don't get why Disney things that is a good time to do it. I don't care if it was WDW or DL, why not open the reservations up at a decent time of day? Either that or maybe they need to go back to day and once scanned in the park. Hope you got what you wanted.

We have friends who are at the parks for their "once every year or so" trip to Disneyland. I realized that they have it probably the worst of any category of guest as far as things like this. The pass/key holders are probably the highest knowledge guests, followed by the "once in a lifetime so let's make it count" guests, who are the ones most likely to buy the guides/pay for the aps/etc. But the every year or so guests don't have the knowledge base of a pass/key holder or the motivation to do the research of a once-in-a-lifetime guest. Even if they knew they needed a reservation for something 2 months out, they would not have known that it opens at 3am.

I don't mind making it difficult for people to do things, or even having it at 3am. I think I was waking up around then to try to get reservations for V&A at WDW. But the information should be on the website so that everyone has the same opportunity to decide if they want to get up/stay up. And if that's how Disney wants to manage it's supply/demand issues then I'm okay with that (especially since the other "easy" way to manage supply/demand issues is to raise prices, which only works if the item isn't a Veblen good, and Disney is certainly on its way to proving that some of its offerings are Velben in nature)

Agree currence. It should be that its known when and how far in advance those reservations not only will need to be made but when they will be able to try to get a reservation. It seems a lot of the time Disney isn't even consistent on when they do them either. I've seen where those that are familiar with the set up are left wondering when a certain place will come up or if it had and they missed it. Disney needs to do a better job of communicating in this area for every type of guest. I do wonder though how many are just holding reservations all the time in the same manner as the park reservations but cancel at the last moment needed to not get charged. Which if that is happening it would be better for them to go back to in park. It could be done on the app once scanned into the park. Maybe its the way it needs to go if this is how it will keep going. I feel for those that are trying to get something....more so for those that it is their once a year trip, first time or the once in a lifetime.

Blog Entries
    olegc, I've seen so many complaints about this for a bit now. Its crazy. I told my husband that I was glad we don't bother with those places because the nightmare it has become to get a reservation for anything. Usually the only time I would grab ones was when my friend would come out and we would do a weekend at the parks. Yet with how it is now I would have to tell her sorry but no way it would happen. I noticed that the majority of those trying to get reservations are doing so to make sure they have at least one place to eat at each day there because of how mobile orders seem to be going. Yet again LOTS of complaints of issues with mobile order as well. Some of those are issues that are app issues. SMH Back to the reservations though, I don't get why Disney things that is a good time to do it. I don't care if it was WDW or DL, why not open the reservations up at a decent time of day? Either that or maybe they need to go back to day and once scanned in the park. Hope you got what you wanted.
    making sure I have one restful meal for a full day at the park was key for me here. I am visiting with other friends from all over - all coming to the park on their own - so we had to try and agree in advance of someplace to reserve and then work it out later whether that works. For the most part its a hedge your bets proposition. Since its most likely the Holiday food festival will be in place (I have heard the rumors) then we may not need to reservations. But with Disney's current practice of keeping any kind of announcement close to the vest until you get near the event (or the time to buy tickets for the event) you have to book and hold and then release if you dont need it. Otherwise you get into a situation where you cant get food anywhere, you probably cant sit down if you do, and the trash can top becomes your table. Especially during the Holidays. This must be the secret sauce they've discovered - because its been going on for so long and everyone just complies with the hoop assignments to jump through. No need to change if people keep coming.