Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

Hi All - I thought I would start a new thread since there's no more speculation about Disneyland opening - its going to happen.

I have a question. In a couple of posts Saturday and today Mouseplanet stated that you need to make sure your tickets are linked to your MyDisneyExperience account. Im not that confused - I know it means the Disney account for Disneyland and to use the Disneyland App - but I wonder if others are. Since Disneyland has not embraced the same name for the app or the site is there something I am missing?

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

That is what I see the WDW one called all the time. I've never seen it called that for the Disneyland one. Odd.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

so far folks posting answers to Mouseplanet's twitter questions and others have stated that the queue opened between 7 and 730am. Lots of folks got April 30th and one person reported that June was already sold out. Its unclear whether this is a limit imposed by Disney or really all capacity has been used - or for what specific dates in June (i feel like "all of june" is a relative statement).

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Interesting because if you go to the park calendar for what is available its all open still. Could be a glitch or its sold out for what they were putting out for those today that had tickets. I thought it was said that Disney wasn't going to open all the spots so that those buying tickets had a chance when it opened to all on the 15th. What might not help is that I've seen some let others know that its not blocking people from out of state for setting up a reservation and so far have seen at least one person say they did it for the end of June in hopes of the state allowing the out of state folks to go. So wondering how many out of state folks set up reservations for any of the days even though its says California residents only in hopes they won't check when they get there...I've heard a certain theme park in San Diego has been allowing out of state guests. As well as San Diego has been pushing ads for at least 1 state to come vacation there.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I've heard a certain theme park in San Diego has been allowing out of state guests.
    I don't know which theme park you are referring to - but keep in mind that the CA only rule is ONLY for theme parks. The San Diego Zoo isn't required to be restrictive. My understanding is that until today, Sea World was operating under the guidelines for Zoos and Aquariums and following those rules. They only reopened for rides today, and according to their website are now restricted to CA residents. I haven't seen anything one way or the other on how that's being enforced since they've only been open as a theme park for about 15 minutes.

If you are referring to Legoland, frankly that wouldn't surprise me, although their website officially states (buried deep in the FAQs) that they are only open to CA residents w/in 120 miles while San Diego is in the red tier. They are still in "preview days" for existing ticket holders, pass holders, and hotel guests so they should know before a reservation is booked that the person is a CA resident.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Interesting because if you go to the park calendar for what is available its all open still. Could be a glitch or its sold out for what they were putting out for those today that had tickets. I thought it was said that Disney wasn't going to open all the spots so that those buying tickets had a chance when it opened to all on the 15th. What might not help is that I've seen some let others know that its not blocking people from out of state for setting up a reservation and so far have seen at least one person say they did it for the end of June in hopes of the state allowing the out of state folks to go. So wondering how many out of state folks set up reservations for any of the days even though its says California residents only in hopes they won't check when they get there...I've heard a certain theme park in San Diego has been allowing out of state guests. As well as San Diego has been pushing ads for at least 1 state to come vacation there.
    after I posted I noticed the calendar too. I wonder if maybe it was "sold out" meaning they could not use their tickets (so a block). but the poster called it "sold out"

The State of CA has said that June 15th they would open the whole economy. I have not heard if this "opening" includes lifting the travel controls in place. that could be why people are choosing late june to come from out of state. And it was said earlier that there was nothing stopping out of staters from buying - that most likely the stops would be at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I don't know which theme park you are referring to - but keep in mind that the CA only rule is ONLY for theme parks. The San Diego Zoo isn't required to be restrictive. My understanding is that until today, Sea World was operating under the guidelines for Zoos and Aquariums and following those rules. They only reopened for rides today, and according to their website are now restricted to CA residents. I haven't seen anything one way or the other on how that's being enforced since they've only been open as a theme park for about 15 minutes.

If you are referring to Legoland, frankly that wouldn't surprise me, although their website officially states (buried deep in the FAQs) that they are only open to CA residents w/in 120 miles while San Diego is in the red tier. They are still in "preview days" for existing ticket holders, pass holders, and hotel guests so they should know before a reservation is booked that the person is a CA resident.
    I know the zoos are different. This was Legoland though and you are right it is buried on their site the info about CA residents. Yes as soon as Sea World switches operations they fall under the theme park guidelines. From what I saw it seems they are making sure you know its CA only residents.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    after I posted I noticed the calendar too. I wonder if maybe it was "sold out" meaning they could not use their tickets (so a block). but the poster called it "sold out"

The State of CA has said that June 15th they would open the whole economy. I have not heard if this "opening" includes lifting the travel controls in place. that could be why people are choosing late june to come from out of state. And it was said earlier that there was nothing stopping out of staters from buying - that most likely the stops would be at the gate.
    No one has heard or not but I've seen a few that are jumping the gun and assuming (maybe wishful thinking) it means they will be allowed to travel here for theme parks at that point. Yet many of those same people were also assuming Disneyland would do tickets like WDW with holding ones for hotel guests only and such. Not sure why they would think that since its never been that way and Disney stated clearing that just because you had a hotel reservation it didn't mean you got one for the parks as well.

So we have 2 valid tickets, I was poking around how to make the reservations since I could. First the app took me to the website to make reservations.
    So the only dates with a line through them is June 29/30. Since July is not populated at all, I'm thinking those days are just not open for reservations yet. Otherwise April 30 through June 28 show availability for both parks.
    I am concerned that DL's website will be crazy busy to buy tickets on Thursday and I have confirmed with GAT that they will have tickets available so I'm wondering if that will be a better option.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    So we have 2 valid tickets, I was poking around how to make the reservations since I could. First the app took me to the website to make reservations.
    So the only dates with a line through them is June 29/30. Since July is not populated at all, I'm thinking those days are just not open for reservations yet. Otherwise April 30 through June 28 show availability for both parks.
    I am concerned that DL's website will be crazy busy to buy tickets on Thursday and I have confirmed with GAT that they will have tickets available so I'm wondering if that will be a better option.
    If GAT will do it all for you - tickets, reservations, hotel - thats the way to go. If they will only sell you a ticket you still need to link it to your account, and then choose a date in reservations.

Yes the dates at the end of June aren't up for reservations yet. Its 60 days out from April 30th from what I'm understanding. So once each day passes another will open. And with GAT, is it that when you buy the tickets they will book your reservation day(s) as well or will you still have to do that on you own? If you have to do it on your own you might as well just do it on the DL website. I would make sure to link your 2 tickets to your account if you haven't yet. I would guess once you can buy more on the 15th that you should see your linked tickets as well. You could probably ask in the app about this before the 15th to see if a CM can give you some sort of answer on having 2 valid ones in hand and needed a couple more. Maybe help give you a little more peace of mind on it all.

Oh we've had our hotel booked since last year, it just keeps getting pushed out. Putting the tickets in is easy.

Thanks in advance for answering this. And apologies that it’s probably already been covered.

My daughter has two days left on a 3 day hopper she used one day of March 13, 2020 (the final day the park was open or 2nd to final day). She secured a reservation for May 5. Her pass says good to Dec 16, 2021. I’m assuming she can use any two days up to then, no fuse.

For my son we’re thinking of buying a two day hopper and take our chances he can get a reservation for the same day she has and if not, no worries, he’ll use it eventually.

Here is my question: if we buy him a two day hopper and secure him a reservation for May 5, my daughter seems to think he has a 13 day fuse on that new 2 day hopper which seems odd to me given reservations are limited. Are there fuses on these passes??

Thanks again.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post

Here is my question: if we buy him a two day hopper and secure him a reservation for May 5, my daughter seems to think he has a 13 day fuse on that new 2 day hopper which seems odd to me given reservations are limited. Are there fuses on these passes??

Thanks again.
    this is one of the primary unanswered questions. Folks have been posting both - yes fuses are in effect; no, there is no fuse for the rest of the year. Your description sounds about right though. I have only seen Disney post that tickets still valid prior to opening would be valid until the end of the year; there was nothing discussed about multi-day bought new as of this week. My assumption is they are fused. It would be great if Disney themselves would post the answer.

Thanks man.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I don't know which theme park you are referring to - but keep in mind that the CA only rule is ONLY for theme parks...

If you are referring to Legoland, frankly that wouldn't surprise me...
    Legoland it is! They are claiming on Twitter that the CA only rule is "guidance" and they have been telling out of state guests on social media to come on down. When confronted on this today, Legoland claimed that they were not doing this, but when pushed on it and when confronted with the .pdf of the CA theme park reopening guidelines, Legoland suddenly changed their tune. Oh, that guideline! Doesn't help that out of state visitors have been posting and boasting about their trips already. Magic Mt. also is reportedly not checking for proof of CA residency -- check the box when you buy your tickets online, but no one will check ID at the gates. Not mentioning this to promote rule breaking in any way, but this is being discussed openly on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Legoland it is! They are claiming on Twitter that the CA only rule is "guidance" and they have been telling out of state guests on social media to come on down. When confronted on this today, Legoland claimed that they were not doing this, but when pushed on it and when confronted with the .pdf of the CA theme park reopening guidelines, Legoland suddenly changed their tune. Oh, that guideline! Doesn't help that out of state visitors have been posting and boasting about their trips already. Magic Mt. also is reportedly not checking for proof of CA residency -- check the box when you buy your tickets online, but no one will check ID at the gates. Not mentioning this to promote rule breaking in any way, but this is being discussed openly on social media.
    I saw that about Magic Mt not checking at the gates as well. I know Legoland in Florida was also the one park that was telling guests they only had to mask up when indoors so this doesn't surprise me in the least with how they are behaving here as well. I know before any of the parks reopened though, it seemed lots of people were discussing how to get around the CA residents rules and pointing out the wording Legoland used as well. Its a shame the businesses that rather go against things like that and for the out of state folks to just not wait as well. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    I was shocked by how many people came from out of state to go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market reopening. I know Pasadena has its own health department, but at the same time people are coming here for that (and A Touch of Disney and a stop at CityWalk and maybe Knott's) we have LA County saying that numbers continue to stay high because of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I was shocked by how many people came from out of state to go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market reopening. I know Pasadena has its own health department, but at the same time people are coming here for that (and A Touch of Disney and a stop at CityWalk and maybe Knott's) we have LA County saying that numbers continue to stay high because of travel.
    Wow I hadn't heard about the ones coming for the flea market like that. I don't get the need to travel at this time still. Especially traveling for things like the food events or DTD/CityWalk. I think most of us are trying to hope that our counties don't backslide but with so many deciding to travel anyway that doesn't help. Of course we have the travel industry advertising to other states to come on over as well which is so wrong. *sigh*

Blog Entries

the scale is definitely sliding away from Public Health toward Individual Choice (not freedom, choice)... I heard a commercial on the radio today for Amtrack services - stating folks may not be ready to travel yet but by this summer Amtrack will be ready when you are. So the push by all of the travel industry is definitely ramping the marketing up.

Hi! I'm confused as to the tier/pricing for new tickets. If I purchase a 4 day park hopper (new purchase on April 15th) what tier does that put me in? OR is the tier system only for previous purchased ticket holders?

Quote Originally Posted by amazedncal View Post
    Hi! I'm confused as to the tier/pricing for new tickets. If I purchase a 4 day park hopper (new purchase on April 15th) what tier does that put me in? OR is the tier system only for previous purchased ticket holders?
    Tiers are ONLY for one day tickets. They don't apply to any other tickets.

Thank You!!

Tiers are ONLY for one day tickets. They don't apply to any other tickets.
    candles71, Thank you SO much for the quick reply! I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by amazedncal View Post
    candles71, Thank you SO much for the quick reply! I really appreciate it
    You are very welcome. My husband had the same question. It took a bit for me to get him to realize the answer.

Getawaytoday's website has crashed.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Getawaytoday's website has crashed.
    Their phone line is still open. Undercover Tourist's site is still working and pretty quickly.