Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Disneyland Reopening - tickets, reservations, and visit experience

With how it looks on DCA's site they have dates up for the holiday food fest. I thought it was mentioned in the blog when they announced the holiday stuff. I know the food offerings are always released closer to the dates of when food fests start though. Nothing new there. Yet it would make sense to have the reservations in place with your friends coming in like that. The thing is even with the holiday food fest what if some aren't seeing something to their liking to try? I get the meal for the day. Whenever we are there a full day we always do one meal. Its needed when there that long. With the timing of year it makes sense to do that for you and you friends. Hope you were able to get what you all wanted.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I was trying to figure out where to post this - without starting a new thread - so I chose here.

I cant believe that Disney dining reservations open at 3am. I stayed up until 12 midnight to be sure to grab a couple of ressies I wanted for Dec 12th (today Oct 13th was the first day available). Well the date was clickable but no schedule. Then I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink and decided to check my phone - thinking "no way, they'll probably open at 6am like other times Ive reserved on the app). Nope - it was 340am and already the times were posted and some of the slots were already gone. Really? C'mon - why cant this be done at a little more reasonable hour? 6am on the West Coast is fine if I have to do it - knowing that these ressies will be a hot ticket during the holidays - especially on a weekend. I signed up for an alert service that trolls the website for times and all those emails came in at 340am - but I never checked my email for the alerts (I saw them later this morning).

I'm venting, and I'm sorry, but man more and more it seems like its a game for Disney - how much toil can we put our loyal fans through in order for them to prove their lotalty (and at times feel like fielty) to our company and brand.
    From a reputable ticket sales website:

"It's tricky to figure out exactly what time dining reservations go live these days. We start checking in the middle of the night at 3 or 4 a.m. and often see things pop up between 6 and 7 a.m., however, we have also seen times get released in the afternoon or even a few days later! That means if you do not see what you are looking for early, keep checking throughout the day and as time goes on. You may even pick up someone else's cancellation. Also, try adjusting your party size if you can't find what you want. You can usually add or subtract a guest when you check in."

I've been wondering about park hoping and making reservations. What if your starting park is DL, and you have a 12:50 Carthay reservation? Has anybody figured out how to make that work? How late can you be to your reservation and have them still honor it?
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I've been wondering about park hoping and making reservations. What if your starting park is DL, and you have a 12:50 Carthay reservation? Has anybody figured out how to make that work? How late can you be to your reservation and have them still honor it?
    I've seen that asked lately a few times. Some say that you have a 15 min. leeway but yet I haven't seen that confirmed really at all. Its one thing if something happens because of a ride usually but in general with this, Disney could say to bad and turn the guests away with pointing out they knew what time park hopping was and should have made the reservation accordingly. Especially if to many are doing this over time. BTW, I have seen a few say that if its Carthay that if you are at DCA's gates you should be close enough to check in by way of the app. The rest are further away so it wouldn't work the same. Yet with that again no one has said what happens if you do that and they call you right away while still waiting at the gates. So I guess it is a risk that guests would have to be wiling to take on this and hope that the CMs working wherever will be ok with the late show.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

One of my friends inadvertently did this somewhat recently. I don't recall what time the reservation was, but it was before park-hopping was permissible. Fortunately, it was a reservation for a larger group and those that had started in the correct park were able to check in and explain the snafu. I don't recall if they were able to be seated and order for the ones that were missing, or if they had to wait until everyone arrived, just that Disney handled it in a manner that they thought was appropriate given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    One of my friends inadvertently did this somewhat recently. I don't recall what time the reservation was, but it was before park-hopping was permissible. Fortunately, it was a reservation for a larger group and those that had started in the correct park were able to check in and explain the snafu. I don't recall if they were able to be seated and order for the ones that were missing, or if they had to wait until everyone arrived, just that Disney handled it in a manner that they thought was appropriate given the circumstances.
    With this though they had some in the right park to be able to get checked in so I don't see an issue with how that would go and more is if the rest joined them not to long after. So that probably helped in that situation. IMO if its 5-10 mins before park hopping and the party is waiting at the gates to get in right away to hurry over then I can see it not being a huge deal...yet it could come down to CMs at that moment working and how long it takes for those guests to get over there after their reservation time, you know? If they are joining the rest of their group that could be seated I really don't think that would be an issue at all. Yet I wonder how many would try to push with the time being a half hour before hopping and think it will work out fine.

Granted it was May and things change rapidly, but Carthay wouldn't seat us until everyone was there. We were checking in slightly early as we were adding 2 to our reservation and my son in law stopped to take a work call.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

The Disneyland Monorail will return tomorrow, Fri., Oct. 15!

Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    The Disneyland Monorail will return tomorrow, Fri., Oct. 15!
    Saw it earlier on Disney's blog. Wonder how crazy that line will end up for those starting in Disneyland so they don't need to make the long walk from/to the parking structure.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I was trying to figure out where to post this - without starting a new thread - so I chose here.

I cant believe that Disney dining reservations open at 3am. I stayed up until 12 midnight to be sure to grab a couple of ressies I wanted for Dec 12th (today Oct 13th was the first day available). Well the date was clickable but no schedule. Then I woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink and decided to check my phone - thinking "no way, they'll probably open at 6am like other times Ive reserved on the app). Nope - it was 340am and already the times were posted and some of the slots were already gone. Really? C'mon - why cant this be done at a little more reasonable hour? 6am on the West Coast is fine if I have to do it - knowing that these ressies will be a hot ticket during the holidays - especially on a weekend. I signed up for an alert service that trolls the website for times and all those emails came in at 340am - but I never checked my email for the alerts (I saw them later this morning).

I'm venting, and I'm sorry, but man more and more it seems like its a game for Disney - how much toil can we put our loyal fans through in order for them to prove their lotalty (and at times feel like fielty) to our company and brand.

I can confirm that for the last 4 nights anyway they went live at 3AM. I was only able to make reservations that I wanted for December 12-15 by setting my alarm and playing this new reservation game in the middle of the night. I can tell you that by 4AM, most of the popular reservations are gone. Now I'm retired, so it's not a huge problem for me to get up in the middle of the night and play this reservation game for 20-30 minutes, and then try to go back to sleep again. I can't imagine you working folks having to do this. They also have this little game inside the game where the breakfast, lunch, and dinner tabs in the app occassionally don't work and you have to use the actual time tabs to bring anything up. They seem to switch that around every few minutes as well. Found that out the hard way on my first time playing when no lunch times showed up using the lunch tab. Do you think maybe they are probably just making it so difficult that when they start offering a "Pay to get a dining reservation" program, that people will be ok with it? Maybe not, but I can't help but think Chapek is wringing his hands and going "Bwah ha ha ha"!

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can confirm that for the last 4 nights anyway they went live at 3AM. I was only able to make reservations that I wanted for December 12-15 by setting my alarm and playing this new reservation game in the middle of the night. I can tell you that by 4AM, most of the popular reservations are gone. Now I'm retired, so it's not a huge problem for me to get up in the middle of the night and play this reservation game for 20-30 minutes, and then try to go back to sleep again. I can't imagine you working folks having to do this. They also have this little game inside the game where the breakfast, lunch, and dinner tabs in the app occassionally don't work and you have to use the actual time tabs to bring anything up. They seem to switch that around every few minutes as well. Found that out the hard way on my first time playing when no lunch times showed up using the lunch tab. Do you think maybe they are probably just making it so difficult that when they start offering a "Pay to get a dining reservation" program, that people will be ok with it? Maybe not, but I can't help but think Chapek is wringing his hands and going "Bwah ha ha ha"!
    frankly with the tech being so bad at disney I would think its just bad code in the app but you never know. I heard someone suggest to alleviate the reservation congestion that Disney should require a non-refundable $20 reservation deposit - yes on top of paying for your pass. They claimed that they didnt want to pay more but in order to get a reservation and make people stop "hoarding" them its an idea they thought would work. Really? when asked what if people are sick and cant make it - he said "oh well, you will still pay". really? I note this because of your comment to pay to reserve - and it could happen. More likely with the dining than entry to the parks - but they allegedly penalize you if you dont show up ($10 per person?) and now if they did this it wouldnt surprise me. It just seems that the common denominator many people point to is paying more money. Why? Why not work on an idea to make it equitable for all? man....
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

It's possible they'll charge a non refundable reservation fee instead of the $10 per person no show fee. That way they have guaranteed revenue from all the reservation slots. Why not, since they are trying to charge for anything and everything these days. Trip planning has become an unpleasant & costly task with all these new hoops you are now required to jump through. Your ticket or Magic Key will become nothing more than general admission the way things seem to be headed.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's possible they'll charge a non refundable reservation fee instead of the $10 per person no show fee. That way they have guaranteed revenue from all the reservation slots. Why not, since they are trying to charge for anything and everything these days. Trip planning has become an unpleasant & costly task with all these new hoops you are now required to jump through. Your ticket or Magic Key will become nothing more than general admission the way things seem to be headed.
    you are right and that was speculation by many all along. No reduction in price - so you still pay a huge amount - but the model will be like Disney of old - general admin just gets you in the gate. Everything else has an extra cost.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney