Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Bob Iger Confirms He Will Still Leave Disney in December

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Bob Iger Confirms He Will Still Leave Disney in December

"Bob Iger shared that, at the end of 2021, he will step down from the company after a 47-year long career with Disney. Iger previously announced that he will step down in 2021, after his original plans to step down in 2018 were extended twice."

Full article here.

Karin

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lets hope a little more rubs off onto Chapek. I doubt it - but lets see..

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

No one person has done more damage to the Disney brand than bob iger. Maybe Michael Isner too but the smut they produced for ABC and other channels will be a stain on Walt's legacy for the rest of time.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    No one person has done more damage to the Disney brand than bob iger.
    In your opinion.
    Karin

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No one person has done more damage to the Disney brand than bob iger. Maybe Michael Isner too but the smut they produced for ABC and other channels will be a stain on Walt's legacy for the rest of time.
    I think its more of a mixed bag. Iger has done a lot to improve the company in how it approaches animation, branding, and experiences across the lines. The growth the company has experienced and the position they are now in is very strong. However, there are certain areas that did not get a lot of attention and were allowed to stray - and bow to the pressure of what gets hot attention in a quarter-by-quarter basis. Walt himself didnt have as much diverse programming and access as is available today - and with changing cultural acceptance across certain demographics you can either avoid it and miss on revenue or provide content to meet that demand. Who's to say what Walt would necessarily do today - more than 50 years since he passed. I think Iger has done a much better job overall than Eisner simply because the company has never really floundered like it did in Eisner's final years. Whether you chalk that up to continued growth in multiple markets or a tight control over contracts with talent and employees - whatever - he's done quite a bit to ensure that the company is successful.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    In your opinion.
    Yes, I should have said that. In my opinion the smut that Iger and Eisner put out in the Disney/ABC name has done irreprable damage to the Disney brand. I have lost friends over my love of WDW. I cannot defend any of the sick programming decisions that Iger greenlighted and I agree with my former friends views of how disgusting it is. I seperate my love of the parks/resorts with my disgust of the corporate leadership. It looks like their decision to raise prices on all things WDW will help me make my choice to spend less of my hard earned money at the parks. I understand the cultural rot is all around us, and Disney management just wanted to cash in. The didn't ask my opinion about how Disney has a higher standard to uphold.

What "smut" ? Some examples would be nice.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    What "smut" ? Some examples would be nice.
    Sorry for the delay, I saw your post and I thought, have they been living under a rock the last 20 years?? Don't they know how to use Google or DuckDuckGo? Haven't they heard of the Frankfurt School? These things were VERY controversial at the time.
    Anyways, I went and searched myself and WOW!! Most of the really egregious stuff has been scrubbed from the Internet. Holy cow! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It is not that difficult to do and they have alot of tech people at their disposal.
    I didn't screen grab the really sick stuff and I think maybe if you do a more in depth search you can find some of the stuff. Disney/ABC put out some seriously sick stuff concerning young people and both Eisner and Iger were responsible. Sorry I didnt' do screen grab of the articles when they came out.