Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Too Optimistic? Sept 1-6

Too Optimistic? Sept 1-6

Booked our timeshare for September 1-6th... hoping the parks will be open by then. Fingers Crossed. My heart aches for some DLR!!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

2. # ADS

Disneyland opening to California residents only starting April 30. Hoping the rest of us plebs can get there by Labor Day weekend!!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x), 21. WDW 11/2020.
    Me: 46, DH: 49, DC: 17, DS: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent2B View Post
    Booked our timeshare for September 1-6th... hoping the parks will be open by then. Fingers Crossed. My heart aches for some DLR!!
    I'm debating the same thing. My DW's 40th birthday is Sept 28, she wants to go to DL or Kauai, two of the more restrictive locations regarding COVID, of course. I'm assuming they will be open similarly to DW with reservations made at ticket purchase (for out of staters by this point also). Buuuut, I'm pretty hesitant to book everything with uncertainty. We will both be full vaccinated well before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekta View Post
    I'm debating the same thing. My DW's 40th birthday is Sept 28, she wants to go to DL or Kauai, two of the more restrictive locations regarding COVID, of course. I'm assuming they will be open similarly to DW with reservations made at ticket purchase (for out of staters by this point also). Buuuut, I'm pretty hesitant to book everything with uncertainty. We will both be full vaccinated well before that.
    As scary as this is for me to think, at this point Kauai is probably the safer bet as far as ever-changing California COVID protocols. I personally think that the restrictions will be significantly relaxed by September, either by court order or looming recall based on science and data. But as long as there are any capacity restrictions in place, I could see the governor keeping the out-of-state tourists ban in part to make it easier for locals to get tickets/get in.

But I really, really, really hope that as things re-open, they are able to stay open, and that travel restrictions will be lifted (at least for those who are fully vaccinated or who are unable to be vaccinated (i.e. under 16, people with medical restrictions).

Quote Originally Posted by Lekta View Post
    I didn't realize Kauai had it's own set of travel restrictions. Interesting. Looks like those lift on 4/5 and they join the other islands. Right now you can by-pass quarantine if you submit a negative test from one of their testing partners before you get on the plane. That seems pretty easy. I'll be honest though, I don't know if I see that changing in 2021. Even when a majority of people are vaccinated, I think they will continue to ask for that. It's an island.
    Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

High School here she comes!