Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DCA A Touch of Disney Food Fest

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Thanks, BP! Hubby found it and showed me last night.
    Glad he did!
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Just a tip for anyone whose legacy pass "digital discount ticket" is not showing in the app. I used the chat feature that Disney directs you to use. The reply I got was that it can take up to 72 hours to get a reply. So if you are going to DTD or DCA, start getting that sorted out several days in advance of when you will need to use the discount.

Thanks for the reminder. I know my husband's shows up in the app but there should be 3 more and they are not. I don't know if I would bother with the discount myself because it seems like more work than its worth but I know for the food event it needs to be shown for the AP area. So will try to get that sorted out this week so its there by the end of the month.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just got the email today and had to manually enter the code.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

My 2 kids discounts showed up within a few days of the program being announced. Mine didn't. I also received the email today and manually entered the code. So far, I've not received any emails with my kids codes. I would speculate that this means that they know which codes were added and which weren't, but somehow I doubt that.

Ultimately, I doubt I'll be back before these discounts expire the end of April. But it did feel nice having the passes/discounts back in my App. Now I just wish that they would announce the new membership options/rules so that I can start plotting/planning my return to the park.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I see two items online on my Disneyland account (which should be the same as the app) listed as "Legacy Passholder Discount B Expires: April 30, 2021", but can't see any specifics; I will check the app when I have Wi-Fi in a few days at my brother's house (my regular phone is a go-phone and doesn't have data, unless I use a Hot Spot, and my brother has one; this phone is different than the one I use when I travel...it's a cost thing!). I never get emails from Disney for the APs, but I do if I do Mobile Order for some reason ~ go figure! We also haven't received hubby's prorated refund for his active pass that was due to expire last September, so I'm guessing these discounts are for the unactivated APs I DID receive refunds for?

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I see two items online on my Disneyland account (which should be the same as the app) listed as "Legacy Passholder Discount B Expires: April 30, 2021", but can't see any specifics; I will check the app when I have Wi-Fi in a few days at my brother's house (my regular phone is a go-phone and doesn't have data, unless I use a Hot Spot, and my brother has one; this phone is different than the one I use when I travel...it's a cost thing!). I never get emails from Disney for the APs, but I do if I do Mobile Order for some reason ~ go figure! We also haven't received hubby's prorated refund for his active pass that was due to expire last September, so I'm guessing these discounts are for the unactivated APs I DID receive refunds for?
    I was told that if you has un-activated passes you are not considered a Legacy Passholder. You had to have an active pass when the closed the parks last March to be a Legacy Passholder.

Edit:
    Well, I apparently was told incorrect information as our 2 un-activated passes are once again listed on my account and in the app showing that we have "Legacy Passholder Type B" discounts until April 30th!
    Last edited by GrumpyGoofyGuy; 03-23-2021 at 08:49 AM. Reason: New Information
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries

FWIW I went to Taste of Universal last weekend. Distancing and sanitizing were very well done. cast on their toes about masks and where you could, and could not, sit to eat. Bummer that not enough things to do. At least Donkey, Homer, and Hello Kitty were simply 6 foot distance so you could take a decent selfie (unlike ATOD). However, like ATOD I think they could have had a band playing tunes in some area or other stuff going on. Food was very good for some items and very average for others. Decent to large portion sizes (when they say giant pretzel or lard lad giant donut - they mean it). Every shop was open with distance controls. I did think some of the guests got too close at times to me (not thinking about others' distance needs). It was exponentially worse at CityWalk. I've seen this come up in videos from Florida recently and I wonder if thats what may happen at Disneyland after the opening honeymoon is over.

I guess its a learn as you go process for each location - made more difficult by the fact that California state still has not provided the formal guidelines. I guess they like everyone else are waiting for the numbers to come down.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Glad they were doing what they could there with following guidelines. Sadly we all know there are going to be those that go into these things and not care about following guidelines...with a mix of a few that might forget in the moment. I am surprised that Disney didn't find a way to do the pictures with characters like that as well. We go next week for ATOD. After seeing some of what was said about the opening weekend, I'm glad I picked later on for it. I think depending on a lot of factors with the parks reopening that we would wait until after a bit of time as well to go. Let everyone else be the ones to deal with working the "kinks" out of things. LOL

BTW, something I thought was a bit funny. After all the fuss many made over the parking included for ATOD and I'm seeing people say how they paid the $10 to park in DTD or they paid to park at hotel on Harbor side to try to get in the event earlier/faster. LOL

So tell us what did you try at the Taste of Universal?

Blog Entries

first of all on parking - thats actually a good strategy. I've heard since parking opens so close to opening of the event you could lose almost a whole hour of event time if you park in Mickey and Friends. If the lot only opens at 1130am thats hard. Also, i've heard that Lamplight has about 1/3 of tables open when the event starts. As soon as you get in the gate use the app to book a spot on the wait list then head down there to confirm. They also opened the gates early a couple of times. so if you are looking to maximize time and get some extras an extra $10 may not be too much of an investment.

As for TOD - I had Fish and Chips, Shepherds Pie (both splits), and butterbeer at THree Broomsticks. All great. I also had the HAzelnut and banana pudding at Minion Cafe. Very good (except the fondant "eye"). We also had the giant bavarian pretzel from Tower Snacks (it was GIANT https://photos.app.goo.gl/YDYuJST8vgWsiiAs5). It was kind of a dessert day - we had Big Pink Lard Lad Donut (simpsons - https://photos.app.goo.gl/eHyDHSVWMuB3b3m9A https://photos.app.goo.gl/uTHZZpKWD9anDp529), Butterscotch Toffee bread pudding (three broomsticks). Smoked Turkey Leg and Corn (three broomsticks) and more butterbeer. The turkey leg was a little smaller than Disney's but seemed to be more well cooked. It was getting cold and my wife wanted to go so we left early. I think folks have enjoyed food from other locations in the park but it just seemed like regular food. Simpsons area was just plain type of food and Minions Cafe seemed to have items I would not enjoy. I was really looking for unique items - and the fact I've never been to WWHP I spent most of my time there.

The service at all locations was top notch. some lines at times but employees never were flustered. Even when I had an issue with my tasting card.

It seemed folks were enjoying food all over the park. The new Pets area is themed to NY and its great.

Back to our regularly scheduled Disney thread ;-)

Sounds like you guys had fun. Wow that was a really large pretzel. Its one for sure you have to have a picture with to see how big that is. Crazy! Sounds like it was a sugar rush type day.

We have no desire for the Lamplight so for us its not a big deal. We already were trying to decide if we wanted to show up when it opens or a bit after the fact. Leaning to a bit after so those that need to rush in early can. I get why some might want to go pay the extra like that but its just amazing how much complaining about the parking was going on before tickets even went on sale and seeing how many now are open to paying extra to park like that just for trying to get in Lamplight. I did see earlier that someone mentioned in a quick review that there was a few people walking around with no masks as they were eating and drinking but said most were following rules. It sounded like it shouldn't be hard to find a place to sit and eat either. I did come across one picture on social media that was pretty neat. She was had the fun wheel behind her and the magic shot of Jack-Jack with lasers coming out of his eyes in it. I know we are looking forward to going. It gives a chance to eat a few things we normally don't bother with in the parks or haven't in a really long time.

We went to TOD, arrived a bit later (closer to 1 pm) and cruised right into M&F. No line at all for the booths, for parking, for health/bag check, or at the gates. Mobile Ordering was easy -- no super long waits for anything there and easy to stagger our pick up times. There was a very short line for the LP Corner. If you don't need to get on a wait list for CCL or LL, then arriving a bit later is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We went to TOD, arrived a bit later (closer to 1 pm) and cruised right into M&F. No line at all for the booths, for parking, for health/bag check, or at the gates. Mobile Ordering was easy -- no super long waits for anything there and easy to stagger our pick up times. There was a very short line for the LP Corner. If you don't need to get on a wait list for CCL or LL, then arriving a bit later is fine.
    Thanks for that info. This is what I was thinking would be best after seeing all the things about how it is when it opens. So we will just plan for around that time.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Has anyone who's attended TOD split up the group prior to entry? Like, drop off a couple of people on Harbor and someone else goes to park in M&F?

I'm curious about the fact that there appears to be 1 ticket that lists how many people the ticket is for. I can print more than 1 copy of the "ticket" so we can each have copies to get in, but can we enter without our full party with us, will the car parker be allowed to come in alone?

TIA!

Karin

Has anyone who's attended TOD split up the group prior to entry? Like, drop off a couple of people on Harbor and someone else goes to park in M&F?

I'm curious about the fact that there appears to be 1 ticket that lists how many people the ticket is for. I can print more than 1 copy of the "ticket" so we can each have copies to get in, but can we enter without our full party with us, will the car parker be allowed to come in alone?

TIA!
    Can you scan that ticket into your phone? My .pdf had 2 separate tickets which could be scanned onto our phones. I then named each ticket (just like with park tickets from the old days.) CMs never asked to see paper tickets, only our phones. The CM at M&F scanned DH's phone.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Can you scan that ticket into your phone? My .pdf had 2 separate tickets which could be scanned onto our phones. I then named each ticket (just like with park tickets from the old days.) CMs never asked to see paper tickets, only our phones. The CM at M&F scanned DH's phone.
    They won't ask why the 3rd person isn't with us, or where DH's other 2 people are?

Should I forward the email confirmation to DH's email so he can open it on his phone, too?
    Karin

They won't ask why the 3rd person isn't with us, or where DH's other 2 people are?

Should I forward the email confirmation to DH's email so he can open it on his phone, too?
    We had two separate tickets, each with our name on it. The CMs scanned one ticket per person. At the parking booth, the CM only scanned DH's ticket and that was that. At the gates, the CM scanned each ticket and took a photo to attach to it. We went through different turnstiles, so there was no question about scanning the second ticket or asking about the second person. Have you scanned your tickets into your app (either by taking a photo of the barcode or by manually entering the ticket numbers) and named them?

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    We had two separate tickets, each with our name on it. The CMs scanned one ticket per person. At the parking booth, the CM only scanned DH's ticket and that was that. At the gates, the CM scanned each ticket and took a photo to attach to it. We went through different turnstiles, so there was no question about scanning the second ticket or asking about the second person. Have you scanned your tickets into your app (either by taking a photo of the barcode or by manually entering the ticket numbers) and named them?
    Probably would've helped if I'd actually opened the document attached to the email... now that I've done that I see 3 separate tickets. Duh, Karin. Thanks, tea!
    Karin

Probably would've helped if I'd actually opened the document attached to the email... now that I've done that I see 3 separate tickets. Duh, Karin. Thanks, tea!
    Hope everything is working out for you today and that your birthday is a super happy one!

Happy Birthday Karin!! I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Happy Birthday Karin!! I hope you have a great time and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.
    Thanks, BP! We had a lot of fun! Could've done without 90 degree weather in Anaheim, but mostly we're grateful it didn't rain!

What I hadn't read elsewhere, and my apologies if it was mentioned here and I missed it, is that entering from the Harbor side we still had to walk the full length of Disneyland's entry gates and were funneled into the Esplanade from between the ticket booths on the DTD side. DH had dropped DS13 and I off on Harbor and we walked in. They have only so many 6 ft. spaced markers in the Esplanade. After that they stopped folks from entering/queueing in the Esplanade and started a queue of folks coming in. We got there just in time and were one of the last 5 or so markers allowed into the Esplanade before they stopped the flow.

Once inside (they have apparently stopped taking pictures upon entry) DS13 and I tried valiantly to get into the LL wait list while walking quickly in that direction. CMs standing outside told us that they were fully booked for the day but we could keep checking the app for cancellations. None appeared and we didn't get in. *sigh* It's ok. We probably could've easily spent our collective $75 there.

We saw 2 massive lines once inside, one just past CC, where the F&W festival Welcome stand usually is, and the other over by Ariel. They were labeled "Cashiers" and we didn't know what that was for. I asked at a booth about it and was told about the whole "we're not taking payment at the booths anymore, you have to pay there or use mobile ordering". The CM said it was possible to schedule all our mobile orderings for the day at the cashier and pay just once.

While DS13 and I waited for DH to park at M&F and make his way in, we sat at Pacific Wharf looking at the map and food offerings, trying to figure out the mobile ordering thing, since I had never used it before. I was NOT eager to stand in that massive line at the cashier. A couple of CMs walked by and I asked if they could explain it to me. They did and were most helpful. We then tried to load our ToD card into our phones, like our APs, with no success. We found out later that we had to actually order food then use the card to check out, like a credit card. Well, that worked ok a couple of times but a couple of times I guess I didn't process them correctly and the system defaulted to a credit card DH already had stored in our account. *eye roll*. We finally got it figured out and I feel like a pro now, but will be happy to just process payments with a credit card moving forward rather than trying to navigate separate payment.

The park seemed full, DH guess 7.5K-10K people. While there a whole lot more tables and chairs scattered around than pre-pandemic, there weren't enough tables/chairs for everyone and we saw lots of people sitting on the ground, leaned up against walls in the shade throughout the day. Folks would find a table and camp there. Several locations had large backups of 30+ mins at different points during the day. I overheard someone mention one at Smokejumper's that had been 2 hours! Not surprisingly, the longest line of the day we saw was for the beer location in Pixar Pier. Thankfully neither of us care for beer, so we didn't have to deal with that one.

Lessons learned: Do NOT mobile order wanting to pay with your ToD card and try to include alcohol. It will default to using a credit card on file. I won't warn you that your order includes alcohol and you won't be able to use your ToD card. Yes, I know, each time you open mobile ordering that warning is there, but as I moved into an order I had forgotten and the system didn't warn me.

Also, if you end up with a card at the end of the day that you haven't used up they say you can use it for in-park food purchases in the future. OR if you've got a card with less than $10 left on it, as we did, and I was fairly confident we wouldn't be able to use $6.23 on mobile ordering in the future, you can cash it out at Award Wieners.

Adorable Snowman mobile order pick up times book up fast! If that a must-do, book it early. By the time DS13 decided he wanted ice cream they were booked til 7:40 and we didn't think we'd be there still and he decided against it. So we went to Ghirardelli. Which brings me to another lesson learned. Ghirardelli doesn't take to ToD card.

We tried lots of different bites, shared everything, so we each got to try it all, and ended up going back for a couple of favorites at the end. Anyway, much fun, food and walking were had! We got out of the house, got some much needed exercise, saw socially distanced characters (Chip & Dale over in the trees behind the plane by Soarin' were apparently trying to tie an acorn that had fallen off back onto the tree. Bwahahaha! Lots of PhotoPass pics were taken, much to angsty DS13's dislike, but at least with the mask on he wasn't forced to smile. No Disney cats were spotted however.
    Last edited by Karin; 03-29-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    Karin

Glad you had fun Karin...even if you didn't get into LL. Thanks for your review on how it was during the time there. We have never used mobile order but I have looked at it before. Its just it always had longer lines in the parks than walking up and paying. I get why its set up this way for the event though. Good to know about the card and if anything is left over on it. Wow on the seating. Did it seem to change over time or pretty much stay that way with it being hard to find a place? How was it with people following the rules with distancing (which I know isn't always possible in some spots), masks and staying stationary while eating/drinking?

Good info on the Esplanade. Hadn't read that before but hoping showing up a little bit later we won't have to long a wait to get in.

I keep checking the weather. Since the warming up is a bit of a concern for myself. Before covid, I didn't do well in heat but add in the mask and well I'm just trying to hope for the best for when we go.

BTW, my youngest is a year older than your DS and she is pretty much the same on the whole picture thing. My 19 yr old is going with us though and he is different about that...always has been.

Blog Entries

mobile has become the fastpass of food. Folks hang out near the pickup location until its their time and then stand in line. it makes it a lot longer than if you just knew you had time to come pick it up in a window. I had read elsewhere that standing in that long line once at the cashier was actually good because you could schedule all your purchases and pick ups throughout the day - though it also sounded like pick up times filled up fast and the pickup windows got very late. Glad your time was worth it regardless of the hiccups.

@Karin: Thanks for the detailed report! Glad you and your family had a good day.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    @Karin: Thanks for the detailed report! Glad you and your family had a good day.
    Thanks for all your help, tea!
    Karin