Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DCA A Touch of Disney Food Fest

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So if all theme parks can now open as of april 1st with entertainment and rides (if the numbers keep going down) will they still hold the private festival?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    So if all theme parks can now open as of april 1st with entertainment and rides (if the numbers keep going down) will they still hold the private festival?

I would think so. I can see it being after its over and set up to reopen shortly after...as long as we keep the trend going. It will be 15% cap. no out of state guests, no indoor dining, and its looking like at that level its mostly outdoor rides. I'm sure they already had wind of this change coming but they extended the food event out 2 weekends so maybe we are looking at end of April/beginning of May so its after most have had Spring Breaks as well.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

Here we go again. Another "waiting room" for reservations to open for Carthay and Lamplight Lounge during Taste of Disney.

Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Here we go again. Another "waiting room" for reservations to open for Carthay and Lamplight Lounge during Taste of Disney.
    Good luck with it. Neither of those places have ever been for us so at least you know you have one less person in that line. LOL Hope you can get what you want on your day and that things go better this time with wait.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Karin, did you get what you wanted yet? If not I saw that a bunch have been able to make reservations with the app quicker.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Karin, did you get what you wanted yet? If not I saw that a bunch have been able to make reservations with the app quicker.
    Not yet, no. Thanks for the tip. I'm logged into the app now. Was using the computer since it seemed to be faster last week.
    Karin

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Not yet, no. Thanks for the tip. I'm logged into the app now. Was using the computer since it seemed to be faster last week.
    Drat. The app isn't showing LL as having any availability the day we have ToD tickets. I should've tried both 1st thing this AM...But, I did get into the app quite quickly, thanks for the tip!

ETA: just got thru on the computer. No availability still.
    Karin

Blog Entries
    frankly from the reports i read about the initial ticket launch - those that got in line at the start waited possibly the longest - while others who connected a short while after it opened waited very little. As a lottery system its very random. I guess having multiple devices connecting would give you the best option to get an earlier chance.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

this tip may be too late - but some on line stated that using the app had better response for them than the website. some (like @diningindisney) got right in.

Drat. The app isn't showing LL as having any availability the day we have ToD tickets. I should've tried both 1st thing this AM...But, I did get into the app quite quickly, thanks for the tip!

ETA: just got thru on the computer. No availability still.
    Oh no! Sorry about that. I was hoping you would. There was some guesses that people without tickets might have been in as well but I don't know how it looked or was set up. Some said there was lots of reminders on needed a ToD ticket even if you had a reservation. So if this is a case of non-ticketholders being able to book as well, maybe there will me a bunch canceling over time or day of. I'd keep checking on it until its your day to go. By then maybe there will be ones open when you do go as well.

frankly from the reports i read about the initial ticket launch - those that got in line at the start waited possibly the longest - while others who connected a short while after it opened waited very little. As a lottery system its very random. I guess having multiple devices connecting would give you the best option to get an earlier chance.
    Yet this is always a problem as well as it takes up spots with those that have a ton of devices open. I think things would move faster if people wouldn't do that. As well as not as much of an overload to the system as it causes....which in turn creates issues a lot of times. Yet it does seem people get tossed in at random no matter what in it. Its not a great thing but its also not the worse and probably best that way. I do think that for a company like them, they should have a better system in place for this kind of thing by now. Its not going to be good if this is how it goes when tickets go on sale for the reopening.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Oh no! Sorry about that. I was hoping you would. There was some guesses that people without tickets might have been in as well but I don't know how it looked or was set up. Some said there was lots of reminders on needed a ToD ticket even if you had a reservation. So if this is a case of non-ticketholders being able to book as well, maybe there will me a bunch canceling over time or day of. I'd keep checking on it until its your day to go. By then maybe there will be ones open when you do go as well.
    I was thinking all of this as well including planning to check with them on-site day of.
    Karin

I was thinking all of this as well including planning to check with them on-site day of.
    Keep looking for cancellations, too. Someone posted that they already got a cancellation this afternoon after getting nothing this morning. Good luck!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Keep looking for cancellations, too. Someone posted that they already got a cancellation this afternoon after getting nothing this morning. Good luck!
    Thanks, tea! I looked a couple of times yesterday and this AM, too. Nothing on my date yet. And yet she persists!
    Karin

Thanks, tea! I looked a couple of times yesterday and this AM, too. Nothing on my date yet. And yet she persists!
    What is your date? And which TS is your preference? If I hear of anything, I'll let you know!

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    What is your date? And which TS is your preference? If I hear of anything, I'll let you know!
    PM sent.
    Karin

Blog Entries

I think getting in the queue early was not a good thing. I got in the "prequeue" at 820a. At 845, I sent a link to the queue to 2 friends. They both got tickets before me. Luckily, they included me on one of their days. I also got tix for a day I wanted in addition, but not til 130p. I'm excited for the CMs returning to work. It is a positive thing.

And yes, the whining over parking drives me nuts.

We did try Knott's Taste of Merry Farm. And I know a lot of people think it is great, and a great deal. For us, it wasn't. We were told we were expecting a Disney experience, and that could be. I had expected to like it. SO much so, I bought tickets for 2 dates. But the state shut down, so I got a refund, otherwise, some friends were going to get free tix!

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    We did try Knott's Taste of Merry Farm. And I know a lot of people think it is great, and a great deal. For us, it wasn't. We were told we were expecting a Disney experience, and that could be. I had expected to like it. SO much so, I bought tickets for 2 dates. But the state shut down, so I got a refund, otherwise, some friends were going to get free tix!
    Sorry it didn't work out for you. I know I thought about the Halloween one but decided against it for a few reasons. The Merry Farm one didn't even sound good food wise. I will never do the boysenberry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Was there something in particular you didn't like about it?

We just did the Taste of Universal, and it was .... okay. I wanted my kids to be more excited about going to Hogwarts Castle, and while that is where we spent the majority of our time, they didn't want to do any of the interactive wand activities so most of our day was spent standing in line for food, then sitting to eat food, then walking to next food location and standing in line for food, then sitting to eat food, and so on. Before we were out of food coupons, we were ready to leave.

Leaving through Universal Citywalk there was a line to get into the Universal Studios store (whatever it's actually called) and my first thought was that I couldn't imagine waiting in such a long line to get into a store. Then I remembered my last trip to Downtown Disney and the line to get into the World of Disney store - which was probably twice as long. I supposed to each their own.

I hope that everyone that got tickets to the Touch of Disney has a great time. I originally expected that they would release more tickets, both for future dates, and also for existing dates once the county entered Red and the restrictions were loosened. Given how fast this first wave sold out and now their focus is on reopening as a theme park, I think that is less likely. I'm not disappointed that we didn't get tickets for this, it's more money that I can spend (hopefully) on park tickets for our June trip.

Blog Entries

Hey @Malcon10t sorry you didn't like the Knott's events. We really enjoyed the Halloween and Holiday sessions. I do think it's different for each person (in terms of value and satisfaction). I didn't get a ticket for ATOD but I did for Universal.

I've seen a couple of videos that have shown folks follow a very common pattern there (hogwarts first, then minions, then simpsons( and that seems to follow the crowd. I'm going to try and mix it up.

The prices for food is on the app and on the website.

I noticed in the app today that it shows my husband's name with Legacy Passholder Discount A under the tickets. I know I saw it said they sent emails on this but I never got one of course. So this is what we are showing for any discounts for now.

Blog Entries

I noticed in the app today that it shows my husband's name with Legacy Passholder Discount A under the tickets. I know I saw it said they sent emails on this but I never got one of course. So this is what we are showing for any discounts for now.
    from what I read you have to have both your physical card AND this electronic discount ticket.

AND of course - my pass is still listed in the app but no discount ticket. The email (which I surprisingly received) did say it would take 3 days after email sent to get this in my app.

and if I didnt know better - everything now is 7 or 8 bucks. without size changes. wow...
    Last edited by olegc; 03-16-2021 at 08:38 AM. Reason: add

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    I see the items but can't find prices... where did you see those, BP?
    Karin

from what I read you have to have both your physical card AND this electronic discount ticket.

AND of course - my pass is still listed in the app but no discount ticket. The email (which I surprisingly received) did say it would take 3 days after email sent to get this in my app.

and if I didnt know better - everything now is 7 or 8 bucks. without size changes. wow...
    Yes, its says the electronic discount, the physical pass card and photo ID. Seems like over kill for the discount and more of a hassle than its worth considering all those things.

Yes I did notice the prices. Its not really surprising though.

I see the items but can't find prices... where did you see those, BP?
    You will have to go to each place that will have food and view menu at them to see the prices. Here this will take you to the page for the list of food places in DCA.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    You will have to go to each place that will have food and view menu at them to see the prices. Here this will take you to the page for the list of food places in DCA.
    Thanks, BP! Hubby found it and showed me last night.
    Karin