Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things To Love About Celebrations Magazine

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things To Love About Celebrations Magazine

My Disney Top 5 - Things To Love About Celebrations Magazine by Chris Barry

Chris flips through the pages of his favorite Disney fan magazine.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

I didn't even know this magazine existed. Thanks - just put in my subscription!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I didn't even know this magazine existed. Thanks - just put in my subscription!
    You won't be disappointed Dan!

Likewise. I placed my order on January 21 when I first heard about it.
    I used to adore Disney News and Disney Magazine. Ive become disappointed with D23. Too much Marvel and Star Wars. Not enough Disney history.

Hey Chris! Loved talking to him on the show the other night. I subscribed right afterward on Wednesday!!

I enjoy Celebrations magazine and highly recommend it. I subscribed approximately 5 years ago and also bought most of the back issues. The quantity and quality of the content in Celebration far exceeds the D23 magazine. I am so happy they’re returning to print format because I dislike reading magazines electronically.

Here are the 5 things I like:
    1. History/attraction detail articles - I am huge park history buff (Jim Korkis articles attracted me to mouseplanet). Chris Smith, Jamie Hecker, and Shaun Jex write wonderful informative historical articles about attractions and imagineers. I think most of their articles are accurate and do not rely on fake gossip like clickbait websites
    2. Nice photos taken by Tim Foster and Mike Billick
    3. J Darling’s Disneyland article. I am glad Celebrations had some Disneyland representation since I am not aware of any Disneyland magazine publications. She is informative about the details of Disneyland attractions.
    4. Even as an adult, I enjoy trying the kids corner games/quizzes and find them challenging
    5. Tim and Lou’s top 10 and Shaun’s weekly email top 10

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    I used to adore Disney News and Disney Magazine. Ive become disappointed with D23. Too much Marvel and Star Wars. Not enough Disney history.
    I have a nice stack of Disney News and Disney Magazine as well.

MousePlanet Staff

Hes a good guest. Enjoy it!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    I enjoy Celebrations magazine and highly recommend it. I subscribed approximately 5 years ago and also bought most of the back issues. The quantity and quality of the content in Celebration far exceeds the D23 magazine. I am so happy they’re returning to print format because I dislike reading magazines electronically.

Here are the 5 things I like:
    1. History/attraction detail articles - I am huge park history buff (Jim Korkis articles attracted me to mouseplanet). Chris Smith, Jamie Hecker, and Shaun Jex write wonderful informative historical articles about attractions and imagineers. I think most of their articles are accurate and do not rely on fake gossip like clickbait websites
    2. Nice photos taken by Tim Foster and Mike Billick
    3. J Darling’s Disneyland article. I am glad Celebrations had some Disneyland representation since I am not aware of any Disneyland magazine publications. She is informative about the details of Disneyland attractions.
    4. Even as an adult, I enjoy trying the kids corner games/quizzes and find them challenging
    5. Tim and Lou’s top 10 and Shaun’s weekly email top 10
    Agree with all of your comments for sure. And yeah... I do the kid stuff too!

I agree on D23 about Marvel and Star Wars. I end skipping those articles. Also, I cringe when there is Disney Channel, 20th Century Fox or ABC content in the magazine. The don't write enough about the parks. On average, I read less than a quarter of the D23 magazine. I read nearly 100% of Celebrations magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    I agree on D23 about Marvel and Star Wars. I end skipping those articles. Also, I cringe when there is Disney Channel, 20th Century Fox or ABC content in the magazine. The don't write enough about the parks. On average, I read less than a quarter of the D23 magazine. I read nearly 100% of Celebrations magazine.
    Exactly the same. Im interested in anything Walt era related, park related or animation related. You can keep the rest. I only maintain my D23 membership because I have every issue, but theres too much Marvel, Star Wars and what I consider not really Disney-Disney stuff.