Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things To Love About Celebrations Magazine

  1. #1
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet AutoPoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    MousePlanet Global HQ

    My Disney Top 5 - Things To Love About Celebrations Magazine

    My Disney Top 5 - Things To Love About Celebrations Magazine by Chris Barry

    Chris flips through the pages of his favorite Disney fan magazine.

    Read it here!


  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #2

    I didn't even know this magazine existed. Thanks - just put in my subscription!

    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

  4. #3
    Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    cbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Cove, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I didn't even know this magazine existed. Thanks - just put in my subscription!
    You won't be disappointed Dan!

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    southern New Jersey

    Likewise. I placed my order on January 21 when I first heard about it.
    I used to adore Disney News and Disney Magazine. Ive become disappointed with D23. Too much Marvel and Star Wars. Not enough Disney history.


  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Providence, NJ

    Hey Chris! Loved talking to him on the show the other night. I subscribed right afterward on Wednesday!!


  7. #6

    I enjoy Celebrations magazine and highly recommend it. I subscribed approximately 5 years ago and also bought most of the back issues. The quantity and quality of the content in Celebration far exceeds the D23 magazine. I am so happy they’re returning to print format because I dislike reading magazines electronically.

    Here are the 5 things I like:
    1. History/attraction detail articles - I am huge park history buff (Jim Korkis articles attracted me to mouseplanet). Chris Smith, Jamie Hecker, and Shaun Jex write wonderful informative historical articles about attractions and imagineers. I think most of their articles are accurate and do not rely on fake gossip like clickbait websites
    2. Nice photos taken by Tim Foster and Mike Billick
    3. J Darling’s Disneyland article. I am glad Celebrations had some Disneyland representation since I am not aware of any Disneyland magazine publications. She is informative about the details of Disneyland attractions.
    4. Even as an adult, I enjoy trying the kids corner games/quizzes and find them challenging
    5. Tim and Lou’s top 10 and Shaun’s weekly email top 10


  8. #7
    Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    cbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Cove, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Likewise. I placed my order on January 21 when I first heard about it.
    I used to adore Disney News and Disney Magazine. Ive become disappointed with D23. Too much Marvel and Star Wars. Not enough Disney history.
    I have a nice stack of Disney News and Disney Magazine as well.

  9. #8
    Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    cbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Cove, NY

    Hes a good guest. Enjoy it!


  10. #9
    Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    cbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Cove, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Likewise. I placed my order on January 21 when I first heard about it.
    I used to adore Disney News and Disney Magazine. Ive become disappointed with D23. Too much Marvel and Star Wars. Not enough Disney history.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    I enjoy Celebrations magazine and highly recommend it. I subscribed approximately 5 years ago and also bought most of the back issues. The quantity and quality of the content in Celebration far exceeds the D23 magazine. I am so happy they’re returning to print format because I dislike reading magazines electronically.

    Here are the 5 things I like:
    1. History/attraction detail articles - I am huge park history buff (Jim Korkis articles attracted me to mouseplanet). Chris Smith, Jamie Hecker, and Shaun Jex write wonderful informative historical articles about attractions and imagineers. I think most of their articles are accurate and do not rely on fake gossip like clickbait websites
    2. Nice photos taken by Tim Foster and Mike Billick
    3. J Darling’s Disneyland article. I am glad Celebrations had some Disneyland representation since I am not aware of any Disneyland magazine publications. She is informative about the details of Disneyland attractions.
    4. Even as an adult, I enjoy trying the kids corner games/quizzes and find them challenging
    5. Tim and Lou’s top 10 and Shaun’s weekly email top 10
    Agree with all of your comments for sure. And yeah... I do the kid stuff too!

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    Likewise. I placed my order on January 21 when I first heard about it.
    I used to adore Disney News and Disney Magazine. Ive become disappointed with D23. Too much Marvel and Star Wars. Not enough Disney history.
    I agree on D23 about Marvel and Star Wars. I end skipping those articles. Also, I cringe when there is Disney Channel, 20th Century Fox or ABC content in the magazine. The don't write enough about the parks. On average, I read less than a quarter of the D23 magazine. I read nearly 100% of Celebrations magazine.

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    southern New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    I agree on D23 about Marvel and Star Wars. I end skipping those articles. Also, I cringe when there is Disney Channel, 20th Century Fox or ABC content in the magazine. The don't write enough about the parks. On average, I read less than a quarter of the D23 magazine. I read nearly 100% of Celebrations magazine.
    Exactly the same. Im interested in anything Walt era related, park related or animation related. You can keep the rest. I only maintain my D23 membership because I have every issue, but theres too much Marvel, Star Wars and what I consider not really Disney-Disney stuff.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •