Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Trying to decide

Blog Entries

Trying to decide

Last year in May we had to cancel due to Covid. I am wondering for anyone that's been there since it's reopening your opinions....2 8th graders, husband and me, easy travelers that have traveled the world and am debating between Universal & Disney and Hawaii. We have all had to rearrange life, our dates are available and we have a dynamic off property suite for like $800 for 9 days. Early May in 2021 like what should've been in 2020.

I could see us dining at night, shopping and enjoying the pool as opposed to our normal at Disneyland, closing the place down - Annual Passholders.

TIA

Mikala

2. # ADS

I have been at WDW in September and December of this year. Also heading back down in February. If you are comfortable going out at home with masks on, you should feel comfortable at Disney.

While the parks are busy, there is room to socially distance. Disney takes your temperature before entering the parks and indoor sit down restaurants. Disney has hand sanitizer everywhere, including before and after the rides. Plus all ride queues have social distancing markers. Disney has started seating guests on some rides closer together without physical barriers, so if that bothers you I would recommend avoiding those rides.

Also masks are required everywhere on property except when in your hotel room, or actively eating or drinking when stationary. I wore a mask more at Disney than I do at home. Hope this information helps.