Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland to become vaccination site

Disneyland to become vaccination site

Churro and a vaccine anyone?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...te/6635828002/

I am guessing they will set up in one of the hotel conference rooms or maybe one of the empty building in DTD. Maybe the old Rainforest Cafe?

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Churro and a vaccine anyone?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...te/6635828002/

I am guessing they will set up in one of the hotel conference rooms or maybe one of the empty building in DTD. Maybe the old Rainforest Cafe?
    Parking lot.

Pretty sure it will be a drive through site like Dodger Stadium. Most likely at the Toy Story lot. It would be completely irresponsible to have people walk to any of the hotels while DTD is open. You're just exposing them before they've gotten any immune response from the vaccine.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

a picture online from last night looks like it was the Employee parking at Toy Story (which became Jessie section I guess). So you could say its Disneyland-adjacent; or at a minimum Disneyland resort. but not Disneyland.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    Pretty sure it will be a drive through site like Dodger Stadium. Most likely at the Toy Story lot. It would be completely irresponsible to have people walk to any of the hotels while DTD is open. You're just exposing them before they've gotten any immune response from the vaccine.
    That's what I said to DH and he replied that the person needs to be observed for 10-30 mins for possible reactions to the vaccine. We saw video of tents in a big flat lot (they helicopter was on too tight a shot to tell which one) being set up to get ready for this.
    Karin

There are drive thru vaccination sites now. They ask you to park and wait after the shot.

The way this has been reported is a bit wrong with it saying Disneyland. My friend emailed this morning saying something about it and she lives in another state. I explained to her that we have a tiered system in place at this time for who is getting in and right now, who is next and so on. As well as they would NEVER do that in the theme park and it was going to be in the parking lot. Hopefully people understand that this isn't just to drive up and get. I know a fire station here was doing them and some people thought they might be able to do so and were turned away. They are saying the first half of the 2nd tier should be getting vaccinations starting next month. So here is to hoping that with these places set up like that one and Dodger Stadium that we can get those vaccinations done quicker.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    There are drive thru vaccination sites now. They ask you to park and wait after the shot.
    Interesting. Thanks.
    Karin

I've seen dozens of people say that they plan to show up for the opportunity to be in the park. Some believe this is for CMs so that the parks can reopen sooner. The amount of misinformation from people who are desperate for anything Disney is astounding. It's drowning out what little we do know.

I saw on the local news a few minutes ago that they are planning to honor the CDC expanded recommendation and give it to people over 65 when it opens tomorrow. I fear that a last minute change like that will just confuse people. I don't want to see doses go to waste, but maybe they should wait a few days to keep wait times down for the original first phase. I guess we'll know soon how it's going to work.

Oh boy but sadly that doesn't surprise me at all AnotherJenny. Instead of reading the info and who can get vaccinated right now and how the system is suppose to go those people are going to get in the way. To think that its for CMs to open parks sooner...talk about not understanding what is going on around here. SMH Obviously they can't understand you don't just show up to these either.

My mother-in-law should be able to get it done soon if her doctor tells her with opening it up more now like that to 65 and over. I know my husband should be given the info on getting it from his work when the first part of the B tier starts. I will say that when the fire station here was giving out the vaccinations recently you had to show proof of age for those 75 and over and I can image there was more to it for those that were medical workers and nursing/assisted living workers because it was said some tried to show up there once they found out and were turned away. Yet its taking time from getting others through in a timely manner when people show up like that. This is why saying things as Disneyland will be a POD site was so wrong by the media and others on social media. Hopefully there won't be to many that show up assuming they can get it when its not time for them to.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    I've seen dozens of people say that they plan to show up for the opportunity to be in the park. Some believe this is for CMs so that the parks can reopen sooner. The amount of misinformation from people who are desperate for anything Disney is astounding. It's drowning out what little we do know.

I saw on the local news a few minutes ago that they are planning to honor the CDC expanded recommendation and give it to people over 65 when it opens tomorrow. I fear that a last minute change like that will just confuse people. I don't want to see doses go to waste, but maybe they should wait a few days to keep wait times down for the original first phase. I guess we'll know soon how it's going to work.
    On misinformation - isn't that what happens with all things around us? I "heard" it was here and came running!

On the changes I agree except I also think if you wait till all phase 1a is done u may wait a long time. Especially if some healthcare workers are not willing to take their shots. It should be like airplane boarding. Group 1, wait some time, then group 2 (and 1 can still board), etc.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Since I won't be getting a vaccine until millions of people have had a first a second dose, I'll just sit around and observe how keeping track of when people can get a h second does, having supply for a second does while people are continuing to get a first does and making sure people show up again for the second dose turns out.

I think that people just read the headlines on articles and the articles had a photo of the castle so their let their desperate minds make a leap. As far as the assumption that this will reopen the parks sooner, well, again, desperation leads to grasping at straws.

I think that people just read the headlines on articles and the articles had a photo of the castle so their let their desperate minds make a leap. As far as the assumption that this will reopen the parks sooner, well, again, desperation leads to grasping at straws.
    I think the way this has been reported has caused a lot of that confusion. The news reports all just say "Disneyland" and usually have been accompanied by pictures of the castle, as noted, or of the park entrance and train station. This is creating an impression that the vaccines will be given inside the park rather than in the remote parking lot.
    "You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    I think the way this has been reported has caused a lot of that confusion. The news reports all just say "Disneyland" and usually have been accompanied by pictures of the castle, as noted, or of the park entrance and train station. This is creating an impression that the vaccines will be given inside the park rather than in the remote parking lot.
    interesting to add here. When it was first announced on KNX Newsradio they were saying "Disneyland Resort". within 20 minutes they stopped and just said "Disneyland". cant decide if its just lazy reporting or a request - but the number of added cars coming into the area thinking they could get a vaccine shot was a large amount this morning. (wed) - again according to KNX (i listen each AM during my workout).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    interesting to add here. When it was first announced on KNX Newsradio they were saying "Disneyland Resort". within 20 minutes they stopped and just said "Disneyland". cant decide if its just lazy reporting or a request - but the number of added cars coming into the area thinking they could get a vaccine shot was a large amount this morning. (wed) - again according to KNX (i listen each AM during my workout).
    Agree. I told my husband that when I saw it announced the first time that they are not reporting it right by saying just Disneyland alone because to many just see the headline and nothing more. As well as not making sure people understood that this is not for just anyone to just drive up and get it either. Yet the bad reporting on this is no surprise that there would be a large amount showing up this morning. Hopefully its more that are suppose to get the vaccine right now than not.

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

I emailed my GP this AM and asked about the procedure for being notified and asked since DH and I have underlying conditions will we get bumped up above our age group with no underlying conditions. I asked about the procedure once on-site.

My question, that I didn't ask him, is if folks go to these drive-up/walk-up huge locations like DL or Dodger Stadium, how does the fact that they received it get entered into their medical record at their Dr.'s office? Surely it's not a shot in the arm, watch to make sure you're ok and off you go. There must be some sort of tracking system for a massive inoculation like this so that Joe Q. Public can't just tell his Dr. he got it without proof.

Karin

Karin, my understanding is that you will get some sort of paper for it because you have to get the same company's vaccine for the 2nd dose and not the other company's. I figured it was probably similar to how its done with kids when you take them for vaccines and its on record that you have been given such and such vaccine on whatever the dated is. Then when its time for the 2nd dose you would have that info available for them to know which to give. As well as record on you getting the 2nd one done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    I emailed my GP this AM and asked about the procedure for being notified and asked since DH and I have underlying conditions will we get bumped up above our age group with no underlying conditions. I asked about the procedure once on-site.

My question, that I didn't ask him, is if folks go to these drive-up/walk-up huge locations like DL or Dodger Stadium, how does the fact that they received it get entered into their medical record at their Dr.'s office? Surely it's not a shot in the arm, watch to make sure you're ok and off you go. There must be some sort of tracking system for a massive inoculation like this so that Joe Q. Public can't just tell his Dr. he got it without proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Karin, my understanding is that you will get some sort of paper for it because you have to get the same company's vaccine for the 2nd dose and not the other company's. I figured it was probably similar to how its done with kids when you take them for vaccines and its on record that you have been given such and such vaccine on whatever the dated is. Then when its time for the 2nd dose you would have that info available for them to know which to give. As well as record on you getting the 2nd one done.
    Since you are supposed to go through your PCP to get an appointment - the outside service provider (the delivery of the shot) keeps the record that you received it and if you had a reaction or not and then sends that back to your PCP and Insurance by end of the day (in a data swap with insurance). then it will be part of your record.

Since you are supposed to go through your PCP to get an appointment - the outside service provider (the delivery of the shot) keeps the record that you received it and if you had a reaction or not and then sends that back to your PCP and Insurance by end of the day (in a data swap with insurance). then it will be part of your record.

This is on ABC7's site:

Will I receive proof of having the vaccine?
    Vaccination cards will be used as the "simplest" way to keep track of COVID-19 shots, said Dr. Kelly Moore, associate director of the Immunization Action Coalition, which is supporting frontline workers who will administer COVID-19 vaccinations.

"Everyone will be issued a written card that they can put in their wallet that will tell them what they had and when their next dose is due," Moore said. "Let's do the simple, easy thing first. Everyone's going to get that."

I know for those that would fall under the tier's that its the jobs that are suppose to give you info on how to set up appts and such. If one is in a nursing/assisted living residence then those places would have to help them set that up for those living there. I would think if you have to go through your own doctor they will tell you what you need to do next and where to set up your appointment. Once the next tier comes up my husband's job should be doing this. We shall see. Yet like any vaccine record I would expect the paper confirming it as well for my own records like they will be giving. It just makes sense. More so because systems sending info on to doctors like that doesn't always work out right either.

Blog Entries

The cards are most likely in addition to the record being provided back to your insurance and PCP. It's intended for you to have handy proof.

The cards are most likely in addition to the record being provided back to your insurance and PCP. It's intended for you to have handy proof.

Of course just like any vaccine record would be done. As well as for those that might not have insurance it will help give the info needed for which one.