Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Walt Disney World Resort Update for January 12-18, 2021

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Walt Disney World Resort Update for January 12-18, 2021

Walt Disney World Resort Update for January 12-18, 2021 by Alan S. Dalinka

Disney's Magical Express Bus Service Ends January 1, 2022; Disney Resort Guests to get 30-minute early entry to parks for 50th Anniv celebrations; Epcot International Festival of the Arts Underway; Lake Buena Vista Portillo's opens 3/2

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Addenda in the afternoon: one of my Facebook friends posted a photo of Mushu on a wall at China pavilion from this year's Festival. That means a cast member at China pavilion outright lied to me when I asked. Lovely. Magical.

On the kudos side, however, a friendly shoutout of thanks to cast member Alexandria at Citrus Blossom who posed with the Orange Bird sipper. Because of face masks, I wasn't 100% sure, but I have checked my photos from last March just before everything got closed down, and she is the same cast member who posed with the Spike the Bee sipper for me at the start of last year's Flower & Garden Festival and was super-friendly to chat with back then.

Regards,
    Alan

Nice update as always. (though not of course some of the content, specifically meaning the DME announcement)

I have to say I'm surprised today's update was the first note I saw regarding the DME here on MousePad (I expected a thread to pop up yesterday). As you mention, quite a lot of comments everywhere else. Reading them all on DPB, there was maybe only one or 2 of the 279 or so there when I last looked that were not highly upset with the elimination.

I'll admit for me doing solo trips, it's not an issue, as I've always preferred driving around anyway. I've never been on the DME personally.

But like many others, it will have impact for larger (not huge, but 6 people) family trips. Even though renting a mini-van was a fine option for getting us all around during our vacation, I could not have fit the luggage for all 6 people in the mini-van simultaneously for the trip from airport to WDW. So everyone else on the trip took the DME to the resort and I got the car and drove. Worked perfectly. We will now need to come up with a new plan for any such trips. (we had been starting to consider one in late 2019, luckily we had not arranged for summer 2020).

-Dave