MousePlanet Staff

My Top 5 Star Wars Video Games

My Top 5 Star Wars Video Games by Todd King

My favorite Star Wars video games on Nintendo sytems

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Thanks for the shout out my friend. Glad I could inspire you.

For some strange reason, there is no N64 in my basement and that needs to change. I don't know why I skipped this generation because I literally have an NES, Super NES, GameCube, Wii, Wii U for goodness sake, and a Switch and Switch Lite! Not to mention every single handheld since GameBoy color!! So, I may have to buy a used one at GameStop and grab these two titles.

And speaking of Switch and Switch Lite - I can't get home fast enough right now to download the Pod Racer game!!!

I can't gush enough about every single LEGO video game. I'm currently replaying the Harry Potter series and had plans to go back to Star Wars once I'm done.

Nice article pal!

Funny seeing Chris post, at first I though that this was his column. I've played/owned a couple of these games, starting with Star Wars on the NES, and that was GREAT at the time. Pod Racing was great too. I only rented Shadows of the Empire once. I had read the book, so it was kind of cool.
    My favorite though was Rebel Assault on Sega CD. It was more in line with the X-Wing games, but you flew a couple different kinds of ships in different battles. I recall it telling a decent story. And of the 4 games I mentioned, it was the only one that I recall being able to finish.

Visit History: Disneyland: 1976, 1979, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1996, & July 2016
    Walt Disney World: Aug 2003 & Aug 2008
    Tokyo Disneyland: May 90 & Feb 92
    Disneyland Paris: Nov 04

Check out my Mickey Mouse collection at Jerm's House Of Mouse

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jerm View Post
    Funny seeing Chris post, at first I though that this was his column. I've played/owned a couple of these games, starting with Star Wars on the NES, and that was GREAT at the time. Pod Racing was great too. I only rented Shadows of the Empire once. I had read the book, so it was kind of cool.
    My favorite though was Rebel Assault on Sega CD. It was more in line with the X-Wing games, but you flew a couple different kinds of ships in different battles. I recall it telling a decent story. And of the 4 games I mentioned, it was the only one that I recall being able to finish.
    Hey jerm,

I always had so much trouble with the Star Wars flying games! I believe I have Rebel Assault for the GameCube, along with several other great but difficult Star Wars games like Rogue Squadron, Bounty Hunter and Jedi Outcast - which I've recently downloaded onto my Switch Lite.

Still my favorite Star Wars game is the only game I ever played on my Mac way back when, Dark Forces! That's a classic.

It was just a set of scheduling circumstances and a happy accident that my top 5 happened to fall on a usually-Chris's-top-5 Friday! (I'm not going to edit that terrible sentence)

At one time I also played Rebel Assault on Sega CD - more of a *full motion video* game where you could control your ship a *little* bit - it was pretty cool at the time just to see Star Wars film stuff in a video game and fly through the fabled "Beggar's Canyon" - but the game is nigh unplayable nowadays with the immense grain of the video, that early voice "acting," and the *ahem* ""controls""

~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

Not ever being a console guy, I haven't played most of these (though I do believe I had a Star Wars game for the original GameBoy)

Definitely was into the Dark Forces and then all the Jedi Knight sequel 1st person "shooters" (is it still a first person "shooter" when one of your weapons is a lightsaber? ). I still play Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy sometimes. I've even done odd things like trying to kill all the bad guys (or good guys as well, if you turn to the dark side! ) with one Force Power after I have said power at it's highest strength. The dark side is strong with me in that game - love the Force Lightning! Force Choke isn't bad either.

Definitely likes some of the flying games too, though I admit that I was not too good at the earlier ones like X-Wing and Tie Fighter. No matter how many times I tried to play some of those missions, even knowing the sequences of tasks you had to do and time limits, I could not complete some of them. Finding all the targets, navigating to them, and destroying them in time eluded me. I was more successful with Rebel Assault and Starfighter.

Off the top of my head, I'm forgetting which game this was at the moment(Starfighter?), but there was one where you could eventually choose to play the different missions with each of the ships that the game involved. This was probably only after you had completed the level with the main ship for each given mission first. (you could cycle through the ships in a hanger to choose one before starting the mission). The coolest thing here was the bonus unlock after you had completed the game with the normal ships. You could go back to fly each mission with the Falcon or a Tie Fighter! Flying the Falcon was really cool in that game. This was of course many years before we got Galaxy's Edge and actually having a life size simulator to fly the Falcon. That was only in our wildest dreams back then.

I also played one of the Lego games, I think it was just the Prequel one.

-Dave