Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: No more DisneylandToday social media - what do you think?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No more DisneylandToday social media - what do you think?

Today it was announced (well, released) that the @DisneylandToday twitter feed and the facebook accounts would no longer be used to announced current events, updates, or information regarding things happening at the resort. Only the Disneyland App would be used for that. What do you think? for me - thats a slight problem only because the Disneyland App tends to only activate with push notifications once you are on property. So - if I am thinking of going to DtD - but the parking is limited again - I may not get in the car to go because its too crowded. Now - I wouldnt know if thats the case unless they fix the push notifications to happen all the time. Lots of content has been pushed to the app already for Halloween and I never knew it until I opened the app.

All in the name of getting people to use the app only - controlled access to content and information and not easily shared or copied...

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I never looked there for them anyway.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Seems like for some it might be good but for others it would be good the way it was. Especially with how it is right now with parking filling up fast at certain times but it will also come down to how fast will they update the situation. Will it be quick or slow to get out the info if parking is full or close to being full? I don't know if it was fast to get up on social media or not since I never looked or needed to. I haven't opened the app in awhile now though but hopefully they will put it up on the app so someone can see the info from home. If not then it is pointless to have made the changes. I have to say I'm not into having to use the app for every little thing. I only would use the app when in the parks and for our fastpasses and wait time checks. Otherwise I didn't open it outside those moments. Never used mobile order either.

I was wondering if not just to get used to making more use of the app but also to hopefully get people to not go in general if the parking is already full so they don't have an issue with cars backed up trying to get in. With the addition of Buena Vista Street this month and how many will probably show up to try to get in, its going to be a mess for them I bet. So if they let you know to check the app before you leave home it might get some to not go in the end and add to that.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    for me - thats a slight problem only because the Disneyland App tends to only activate with push notifications once you are on property.
    For me this hasn't been true -- I get notifications from the app when I'm at home in San Diego on a regular basis. Maybe you need to adjust settings?

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries

I'm sad to not see them posting anymore as I scroll through Facebook. It always perked me up, gave me a nice distraction and in these times, a moment to dream. I dislike Push Notifications. They make me feel like I gotta stop what I'm doing to look at it or it's going to be a flashing light on my phone all day til I clear it.

Karin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    For me this hasn't been true -- I get notifications from the app when I'm at home in San Diego on a regular basis. Maybe you need to adjust settings?
    i will have to look. I get nothing right now until I arrive at the resort then things start popping up.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i will have to look. I get nothing right now until I arrive at the resort then things start popping up.
    I wonder if it has to do with turning the location-sharing on and off. I think mine is off, but I'd have to double-check...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I wonder if it has to do with turning the location-sharing on and off. I think mine is off, but I'd have to double-check...
    normally an app would not push data if location sharing was not on. thats a common model. but Disney could be doing different.