Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Lodging Question Oct 2021

Lodging Question Oct 2021

So I am going for a few nights, three actually just two adults arriving 30 Sep 2021 and leaving 3 October 2021. I am going for the MK's 50th Anniversary. I noticed hardly any resorts were available so I grabbed Fort Wilderness Cabins which opened November 1971. I was trying to stay in an original resort. Unfortunately Contemporary and the Polynesian resorts are not available. On line chat said that the inventory was opened up for that time in September. Could it be they all got snatched up already? Could it be they just didn't release everything yet? Did I make a mistake booking the cabins? I didn't realize how spread out that resort is. We probably will not get a rental car.

2. # ADS

You don’t necessarily need a rental car, Disney has transportation. All onsite resorts have transportation to all parks and Disney Springs. I’ve never stayed at the cabins so I can’t speak for the transportation from that location but I can tell you that we stopped renting a car when Magical Express started.
    As for your accommodations keep checking, something at Contemporary or Polynesian may open and you can have Disney switch your reservation.

Maybe due to Covid they are offering a reduced capacity of room inventory too. Never stayed at Ft. Wilderness but there is an internal bus loop in addition to the bus routes to the parks.

I would really suggest getting a rental car when staying at the cabins. The nice thing about them is they are private, single-unit accommodations; the downside, even with the bus transportation, is that you'll spend a lot of time getting around the resort and to/from the theme parks. A rental car will make it far, far easier. I've done this whenever I've stayed at the cabins. BTW, I love them. I appreciate all the space they provide, the option to have some meals conveniently in your cabin with the kitchen. The cabins have been updated and are pretty nice. However, you can keep an eye out for other lodging later on and change your resort; I do this for clients all the time, especially when a new offer is released and sometimes rates are better at a different resort.

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com