Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Disney Video Games

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Disney Video Games

My Disney Top 5 - Disney Video Games by Chris Barry

Chris takes a look at the best of his fairly extensive Disney video game collection.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

A great look at Disney games! I reckon you could make several of these lists. Duck Tales is indeed a classic and is still fun (and challenging) now--still have never finished it. It is also remembered for it's fantastic music!

One game I would include in my list is the sometimes-overlooked, often-underrated "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse" on Sega Genesis. Have you played it? To me it's a 10/10

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwin View Post
    A great look at Disney games! I reckon you could make several of these lists. Duck Tales is indeed a classic and is still fun (and challenging) now--still have never finished it. It is also remembered for it's fantastic music!

One game I would include in my list is the sometimes-overlooked, often-underrated "Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse" on Sega Genesis. Have you played it? To me it's a 10/10
    I could absolutely do more lists of just my video games. maybe a Part 2 is in need?

I remember finishing DucTales on the NES, but I haven't played through all of it on the Remastered version yet. I'll get to it.

I have played Castle of Illusion - I mentioned it in the article. It's a great game. I don't think I ever owned it. I'm pretty sure it was a rental that I never bought. My Genesis works so maybe I'm in the market for it. I'm sure it's on eBay.

I was never much of a gamer but I had NES, Sega Genesis, Playstation and Xbox. I wish Walt Disney World Quest was on my radar back in 2000. This game would be up my alley. The only Disney video game I owned was Adventures in the Magic Kingdom (1990) for NES. It was fun game although I needed Game Genie in order to beat it.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    I was never much of a gamer but I had NES, Sega Genesis, Playstation and Xbox. I wish Walt Disney World Quest was on my radar back in 2000. This game would be up my alley. The only Disney video game I owned was Adventures in the Magic Kingdom (1990) for NES. It was fun game although I needed Game Genie in order to beat it.
    I'm pretty sure I didn't get WDW Quest until about 2003. It's still not too late...you can get it now!

I actually don't think I ever played Adventures in the Magic Kingdom...I may have to look into that.

I was shocked this old game for the C-64 (and some other platforms of that era) was not ion the list . (Well, not really, but not having ever gotten into consoles, this was one I had in the 80's. )

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Donal...27s_Playground

-Dave

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I was shocked this old game for the C-64 (and some other platforms of that era) was not ion the list . (Well, not really, but not having ever gotten into consoles, this was one I had in the 80's. )

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Donal...27s_Playground
    Gotta say Dave - I never had the pleasure of owning a Commodore-64 so Donald Duck's playground was never on my radar back then!!

Another great top 5 Chris.

We're not huge gamers, but many many nights were spent trying to crack Epic Mickey.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey021 View Post
    Another great top 5 Chris.

We're not huge gamers, but many many nights were spent trying to crack Epic Mickey.
    Epic Mickey is a tough one for sure, but well worth playing!