Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 6

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Nice! We had a really absurd wait at Friar Tuck's, but otherwise it wasn't horrific. We couldn't get resies for 10 anywhere on that trip, and had to split folks up. We usually don't bother trying to do sit-down at Epcot during festivals (pretty much full time now) as it's so much better to skim the kiosks.

I thought Harmonious was boring. But only saw it once, and not from a premium view area. Needs more pyro, no matter what though.

But my brother and his family got to see GE, and do Oga's, as did a cousin who'd never been there. And we did both Universal parks for the first time in forever and had a great time there. That Velocicoaster is no joke!
    I have not seen Harmonious yet. We did see the end of it as we were leaving Epcot on our last trip. We scored a late Garden Grill Dinner at 8pm. We met Mickey, Pluto and Chip and Dale. It was Chip and Dale's birthday, and we sung to them. It was cool. We were one of maybe 4 parties in the whole restaurant. It was fantastic.

2. # ADS

Purchased our MNSSHP Tickets for our stay in September.

Purchased our MVMCP tickets for December. A little pricy, so one one party instead of two during our stay.

We decided to add a night to our September trip. We arrive on 9/10 and staying at Grand Floridian's new Resort Studio.

Dang - I'll just miss you by a couple of weeks!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Dang - I'll just miss you by a couple of weeks!
    We will be there in December, and again next March. Who knows. Maybe you will be there by then.

ADR's made yesterday and today:

Dinner - Citricos (New)
    Breakfast - The Grand Floridian Caf (New)
    Lunch - Ale & Compass (New)
    Dinner - Jungle Cruise Co. LTD Skipper Canteen (New)
    Dinner - Garden Grill
    Breakfast - Boma
    Dinner - Tony's Town Square Restaurant
    Breakfast - Cape May Caf
    Dinner Topolino's (New)
    Lunch - Yak & Yeti (New)
    Dinner - Jiko (New)
    Breakfast - Ale & Compass (new)

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    We will be there in December, and again next March. Who knows. Maybe you will be there by then.
    Probably not by March, but sometime shortly after that. I'll keep y'all posted!
    - James Taylor

Made some adjustments to our ADR's.

Added:
    -Oga's Cantina
    -Droid Depot (Building a droid)
    -Hollywood Brown Derby
    -Via Napoli

Removed:
    -Garden Grill
    -Jiko
    -The Grand Flo Cafe
    -Ale & Compass
    -Tony's Town Square

Ordered our MagicBand + this morning. Since we have a split stay, I was able to order one for each stay. I bought the Blue 50th and the Orange Bird. My wife got the Pink 50th and Ohana Means Family.

I was up at 4:30am (central time) yesterday (Sunday) to book my dining reservations. I had heard that you could book as early as 4:45, so I was ready. At 4:45 the dates of my stay became active, but I still wasn't allowed to book anything till 5am. I got all that I wanted with three exceptions -

First, I really wanted to dine at Space 220 for the first time. I knew my odds would be better to book later in my trip, but still nothing available. I had 3 different possibilities this trip, but no dice on any date or time.

The 2nd one surprised me. I always like to start my trips with a nice dinner at the Coral Reef, followed by a martini or 3 at the Rose & Crown, and then fireworks (haven't seen the new show yet). Well, the only time available for Coral Reef was 8pm. WHATTTT??? Booked solid that fast? Never had that problem before.

And the 3rd one really shocked me. I like to end up with a last meal at the Rose & Crown, sitting outside and enjoying the view of the water. Nope - all times booked, nothing available! This has also never happened before.

I was able to substitute 2nd choices everywhere, and I certainly won't starve. But I gotta wonder - is Disney really that full, or are they staging bundles of reservations and making them available at later times? I'll keep on trying, but it's more work than I'm used to. Still, I'm booked, and I'm happy.

- James Taylor

I was up at 4:30am (central time) yesterday (Sunday) to book my dining reservations. I had heard that you could book as early as 4:45, so I was ready. At 4:45 the dates of my stay became active, but I still wasn't allowed to book anything till 5am. I got all that I wanted with three exceptions -

First, I really wanted to dine at Space 220 for the first time. I knew my odds would be better to book later in my trip, but still nothing available. I had 3 different possibilities this trip, but no dice on any date or time.

The 2nd one surprised me. I always like to start my trips with a nice dinner at the Coral Reef, followed by a martini or 3 at the Rose & Crown, and then fireworks (haven't seen the new show yet). Well, the only time available for Coral Reef was 8pm. WHATTTT??? Booked solid that fast? Never had that problem before.

And the 3rd one really shocked me. I like to end up with a last meal at the Rose & Crown, sitting outside and enjoying the view of the water. Nope - all times booked, nothing available! This has also never happened before.

I was able to substitute 2nd choices everywhere, and I certainly won't starve. But I gotta wonder - is Disney really that full, or are they staging bundles of reservations and making them available at later times? I'll keep on trying, but it's more work than I'm used to. Still, I'm booked, and I'm happy.
    I have been wondering as well. We wanted Space 220 and could not get it at all. I check every day. I know some restaurants have a walk up wait list you can join the day of, and will fill up quick. I often wonder if they are purposely holding blocks of tables for this reason.

I was ready for Space 220 to fill up quickly, but Rose & Crown? That's NEVER filled up this quickly!

- James Taylor

Oldest was able to book us a lunch at Space 220 for last weekend and I’m pretty sure that a few groups walked up while we were waiting to check in to ask for reservations for that evening. So if nothing opens between now and your trip definitely check the day of, also there is a bar up there that I think is handled differently than the restaurant. The bar area may have a better view than some of the restaurant tables. Our server was excellent (and has the same name as youngest so that was cool as it’s a not so popular name) food was ok, appetizers are huge. Think cruise ship dining room service.

We also had a lunch at Cinderellas Royal Table (haven’t done that in years) the food there was the best we had the whole trip. Of course it was also the most expensive meal but I was happy the food lived up to the high price.

Our other sit down was Sebastian’s at Caribbean Beach club, food there was excellent and it is a short skyliner ride from Hollywood Studios.

Good luck in getting the reservations you want.

Just renewed my AP today. Bounced back and forth if I was going to renew. I am running the Dopey at Marathon Weekend again in January so we will be there for 6 days. Plus my annual work conference at WDW will be another 3 days in the park. So I figured it was worth renewing with the discount price. Plus knowing that AP's aren't being offered right now and not sure if they will be again, it essentially became a decision of buy it or possibly not being able to purchase an AP ever again. I think that thought there will keep me trying to hold onto it as long as I can.

They just announced being able to purchase AP's again. Sorry, I don't have the website, but I'm sure you could find it on waltdisneyworld.com.

- James Taylor

They just announced being able to purchase AP's again. Sorry, I don't have the website, but I'm sure you could find it on waltdisneyworld.com.
    I thought the news was that they will have an announcement regarding AP's before the end of the year. Not really saying if sales are coming back or not. I couldn't find anything different.

The announcement I saw was from last year. Sorry bout that.

- James Taylor