Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 6

My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 6

I am starting a new thread, as I believe the last one was lost in the server outage over the summer.

Yesterday marked our 7-month window for our next trip in April/May 2010, so I modified our stay.
    We are staying 3 nights at the Riviera in a Deluxe Studio Standard View, and 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani, in a Studio Savanna view room.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    I am starting a new thread, as I believe the last one was lost in the server outage over the summer.

Yesterday marked our 7-month window for our next trip in April/May 2010, so I modified our stay.
    We are staying 3 nights at the Riviera in a Deluxe Studio Standard View, and 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani, in a Studio Savanna view room.
    I will be interested to hear your thoughts about Riviera. We toured the property during our visit a couple of weeks ago. We were not too impressed with the ambiance. While there were nice Disney touches of Walts travels in the region and some interesting pieces in the library, we just felt like we were in a hotel you could find anywhere in the US. We didnt feel the magic you get from other Disney resorts like Animal Kingdom lodge, your other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    I will be interested to hear your thoughts about Riviera. We toured the property during our visit a couple of weeks ago. We were not too impressed with the ambiance. While there were nice Disney touches of Walt’s travels in the region and some interesting pieces in the library, we just felt like we were in a hotel you could find anywhere in the US. We didn’t feel the magic you get from other Disney resorts like Animal Kingdom lodge, your other choice.
    Interesting take. Some friends of ours just bought into Riviera DVC. We have since adjusted our stay and added a night. Our first night we are staying in a Tower Suite, then three nights in the Deluxe Studio Standard View. I plan to do a video room tour of both rooms, and I will let you know what we think.

We also changed our AKV to Copper Creek. So now we have 1 night in a Tower Studio, 3 nights in a Deluxe Studio Standard View, and 4 nights at Copper Creek.

Opened my CC statement to find Disney did refund the balance of my AP at the end of September. Was actually for a couple dollars more than I though it would be (not a lot, literally around $3).

Hopefully soon I'll be able to report something more in the positive direction of making a trip down there. Maybe in the Spring.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Opened my CC statement to find Disney did refund the balance of my AP at the end of September. Was actually for a couple dollars more than I though it would be (not a lot, literally around $3).

Hopefully soon I'll be able to report something more in the positive direction of making a trip down there. Maybe in the Spring.
    Still waiting on my refund. I canceled on July 30th. Nothing yet.

Anyone who put in a refund hear anything from Disney? This is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Anyone who put in a refund hear anything from Disney? This is getting ridiculous.
    I had a colleague ask me about mine this week. His uncle had not seen his refund either yet, so he was wondering. I think his uncle lives somewhere close to WDW, so was probably one of the many local "flavors" of FL AP (those might be more complicated, with all the different options, blockout dates, etc.... not sure). With us both being outside of FL, I assume your pass and mine were the same type (with possible exception if you add water parks, which I do not).

Doesn't really help you, I know, but you are not alone. It does seem to be a mystery as to how they figured out who to process when. I had almost exactly 6 months left when they shut down, and I got the last day of September (think they may have originally said mid-September..... close enough for me, but I was also starting to get curious a few weeks ago until I saw it in my October statement).

Silly thing to check, is the CC you used when you paid for your pass still active and the same as it was when you bought your pass (same account number, etc)? They may have indicated that there could be delays if the original card used for payment was no longer valid for them to issue the refund. If you know something changed, that might be worth calling.
    -Dave

I had a colleague ask me about mine this week. His uncle had not seen his refund either yet, so he was wondering. I think his uncle lives somewhere close to WDW, so was probably one of the many local "flavors" of FL AP (those might be more complicated, with all the different options, blockout dates, etc.... not sure). With us both being outside of FL, I assume your pass and mine were the same type (with possible exception if you add water parks, which I do not).

Doesn't really help you, I know, but you are not alone. It does seem to be a mystery as to how they figured out who to process when. I had almost exactly 6 months left when they shut down, and I got the last day of September (think they may have originally said mid-September..... close enough for me, but I was also starting to get curious a few weeks ago until I saw it in my October statement).

Silly thing to check, is the CC you used when you paid for your pass still active and the same as it was when you bought your pass (same account number, etc)? They may have indicated that there could be delays if the original card used for payment was no longer valid for them to issue the refund. If you know something changed, that might be worth calling.
    I actually paid for mine with gift cards and cash. So I am guessing I am getting a check for it. Whenever that may be.

Paid for our DVC rental and bought our airline tickets for MLKJ Day week trip. Officially Nick's 49th loop around the Sun trip. I don't care if it's two weeks late, I'm wearing the button!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Paid for our DVC rental and bought our airline tickets for MLKJ Day week trip. Officially Nick's 49th loop around the Sun trip. I don't care if it's two weeks late, I'm wearing the button!
    Wear that button and enjoy celebrating your birthday!

After typical diligence, finally scored an Ogas reservation for our week trip! Hell yeah! Can't see a 7nt stint without at least 1 Ogas visit...

Joey

Purchased our airfare and paid our Disney hotel balance. Heres hoping for no lockdowns before vacation.

Scored another Ogas reservation! Getting closer to gathering Coaxium every day now!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    After typical diligence, finally scored an Ogas reservation for our week trip! Hell yeah! Can't see a 7nt stint without at least 1 Ogas visit...
    Scored another Ogas reservation! Getting closer to gathering Coaxium every day now!
    Wait, am I reading that right, this is your first time getting to go to Oga's?

If so, it should be quite a cool highlight of your trip. Though I have to assume it's a lot more calm with lower capacity/distancing/etc.

Or is the 7th comment relating to the number of days/nights of your trip this time?

{edit: never mind. I just realized I misread 7 nt (night) as 7th visit... my bad }

Either way, enjoy!

And the Coaxium, of course! Pull the hyperdrive lever for me once!
    -Dave

Wait, am I reading that right, this is your first time getting to go to Oga's?

If so, it should be quite a cool highlight of your trip. Though I have to assume it's a lot more calm with lower capacity/distancing/etc.

Or is the 7th comment relating to the number of days/nights of your trip this time?

{edit: never mind. I just realized I misread 7 nt (night) as 7th visit... my bad }

Either way, enjoy!

And the Coaxium, of course! Pull the hyperdrive lever for me once!
    Ha! Yes I think we've been to Oga's at least 7 times now-twice in 1 day during EEMH. That was fun times minus the getting up at 430 or so to make 6am opening...
    Joey

This is really killing me, but I've got nothing on the books. No trip, no airfare, no AP - NOTHING! Waiting for things to return to some semblance of order.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

I finally got around to putting our itinerary in email...sometimes don't bother when its just 2 of us, but still easier to look at in 1 place with Touringplans info, ADRs, Hours, etc. in a simple table.

And I just swapped a couple Park Reservations to HS... It seems silly that is required for the 7am ROTR attempt--probably causes some problems in the morning when 50,000 people are switching park for the day if they don't get into the first round of the lottery...

I get it Dan--definitely isn't the same, but still better than work! September trip wasn't too shabby and at least now with cooler weather it will be more comfortable suffocating all day. I hear in the good rainstorms it gets to be a bit like waterboarding though.
    Good to see you on here--hope things are going alright for you up there!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    This is really killing me, but I've got nothing on the books. No trip, no airfare, no AP - NOTHING! Waiting for things to return to some semblance of order.
    We did a funeral for our aunt in PHX today over Zoom, weird. One aunt asked how many times we've been to WDW so I counted. I think this will be my 34th trip, not counting the time in DCP where I spent almost every day of eight months at MK. Speaking of order, hope there's no travel disruptions at the end of next week to get back home to TX where folks are less...nutty.
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Woke up, got boarding group 43, just rode ROTR, all of the pre-show is being used, almost all effects are working!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Woke up, got boarding group 43, just rode ROTR, all of the pre-show is being used, almost all effects are working!
    Congrats!

Park Hopped!

Joey

Park Hopped!
    Who ever thought that would rank as something to celebrate?

Just booked my December trip, so now we have 3 trips on the books this year. Cannot wait for the first one. We booked our home resort, but hoping to change to Bay Lake Tower at the 7 month window.

Rode FOP this morning with no FP, didn't rope drop, maybe 20 minute wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Just booked my December trip, so now we have 3 trips on the books this year. Cannot wait for the first one. We booked our home resort, but hoping to change to Bay Lake Tower at the 7 month window.
    Nice! It's pretty slow right now.