Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 6

  1. #1

    My WDW Trip Accomplishments of the day :) Part 6

    I am starting a new thread, as I believe the last one was lost in the server outage over the summer.

    Yesterday marked our 7-month window for our next trip in April/May 2010, so I modified our stay.
    We are staying 3 nights at the Riviera in a Deluxe Studio Standard View, and 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani, in a Studio Savanna view room.

    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    I am starting a new thread, as I believe the last one was lost in the server outage over the summer.

    Yesterday marked our 7-month window for our next trip in April/May 2010, so I modified our stay.
    We are staying 3 nights at the Riviera in a Deluxe Studio Standard View, and 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani, in a Studio Savanna view room.
    I will be interested to hear your thoughts about Riviera. We toured the property during our visit a couple of weeks ago. We were not too impressed with the ambiance. While there were nice Disney touches of Walts travels in the region and some interesting pieces in the library, we just felt like we were in a hotel you could find anywhere in the US. We didnt feel the magic you get from other Disney resorts like Animal Kingdom lodge, your other choice.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    I will be interested to hear your thoughts about Riviera. We toured the property during our visit a couple of weeks ago. We were not too impressed with the ambiance. While there were nice Disney touches of Walt’s travels in the region and some interesting pieces in the library, we just felt like we were in a hotel you could find anywhere in the US. We didn’t feel the magic you get from other Disney resorts like Animal Kingdom lodge, your other choice.
    Interesting take. Some friends of ours just bought into Riviera DVC. We have since adjusted our stay and added a night. Our first night we are staying in a Tower Suite, then three nights in the Deluxe Studio Standard View. I plan to do a video room tour of both rooms, and I will let you know what we think.

    We also changed our AKV to Copper Creek. So now we have 1 night in a Tower Studio, 3 nights in a Deluxe Studio Standard View, and 4 nights at Copper Creek.
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

  5. #4

    Opened my CC statement to find Disney did refund the balance of my AP at the end of September. Was actually for a couple dollars more than I though it would be (not a lot, literally around $3).

    Hopefully soon I'll be able to report something more in the positive direction of making a trip down there. Maybe in the Spring.

    -Dave

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Opened my CC statement to find Disney did refund the balance of my AP at the end of September. Was actually for a couple dollars more than I though it would be (not a lot, literally around $3).

    Hopefully soon I'll be able to report something more in the positive direction of making a trip down there. Maybe in the Spring.
    Still waiting on my refund. I canceled on July 30th. Nothing yet.
    Next WDW trip, May 14-18, 2021! Can't come soon enough.

  7. #6

    Anyone who put in a refund hear anything from Disney? This is getting ridiculous.

    Next WDW trip, May 14-18, 2021! Can't come soon enough.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Anyone who put in a refund hear anything from Disney? This is getting ridiculous.
    I had a colleague ask me about mine this week. His uncle had not seen his refund either yet, so he was wondering. I think his uncle lives somewhere close to WDW, so was probably one of the many local "flavors" of FL AP (those might be more complicated, with all the different options, blockout dates, etc.... not sure). With us both being outside of FL, I assume your pass and mine were the same type (with possible exception if you add water parks, which I do not).

    Doesn't really help you, I know, but you are not alone. It does seem to be a mystery as to how they figured out who to process when. I had almost exactly 6 months left when they shut down, and I got the last day of September (think they may have originally said mid-September..... close enough for me, but I was also starting to get curious a few weeks ago until I saw it in my October statement).

    Silly thing to check, is the CC you used when you paid for your pass still active and the same as it was when you bought your pass (same account number, etc)? They may have indicated that there could be delays if the original card used for payment was no longer valid for them to issue the refund. If you know something changed, that might be worth calling.
    -Dave

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I had a colleague ask me about mine this week. His uncle had not seen his refund either yet, so he was wondering. I think his uncle lives somewhere close to WDW, so was probably one of the many local "flavors" of FL AP (those might be more complicated, with all the different options, blockout dates, etc.... not sure). With us both being outside of FL, I assume your pass and mine were the same type (with possible exception if you add water parks, which I do not).

    Doesn't really help you, I know, but you are not alone. It does seem to be a mystery as to how they figured out who to process when. I had almost exactly 6 months left when they shut down, and I got the last day of September (think they may have originally said mid-September..... close enough for me, but I was also starting to get curious a few weeks ago until I saw it in my October statement).

    Silly thing to check, is the CC you used when you paid for your pass still active and the same as it was when you bought your pass (same account number, etc)? They may have indicated that there could be delays if the original card used for payment was no longer valid for them to issue the refund. If you know something changed, that might be worth calling.
    I actually paid for mine with gift cards and cash. So I am guessing I am getting a check for it. Whenever that may be.
    Next WDW trip, May 14-18, 2021! Can't come soon enough.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •