Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wonderground gallery is no more.

YAY WONDERGROUND. That's all :-) Glad for some good news.

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    YAY WONDERGROUND. That's all :-) Glad for some good news.
    Let's see what happens. The announcement in DPB said apparel, collectibles, toys, and some art items. Sounds a little like Stage 17. Hopefully it has a few more pieces.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Let's see what happens. The announcement in DPB said apparel, collectibles, toys, and some art items. Sounds a little like Stage 17. Hopefully it has a few more pieces.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't necessarily think it'll be exactly how it was before, but as long as there's at least SOME art, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpix77 View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't necessarily think it'll be exactly how it was before, but as long as there's at least SOME art, I'll be happy.
    Agree. AND as long as there is a place for the artists because for some of them it was really the only place they had to meet their fans.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Agree. AND as long as there is a place for the artists because for some of them it was really the only place they had to meet their fans.
    that wont happen for quite a while. By then Wonderground might be back to full version. I saw someone comment that there is so much merch that was ordered and created from overseas it keeps coming so they have so much to get rid of - its like car dealers that cant get rid of a year's model.

BTW - same guy made an interesting prediction. If Disney brings back dining to Rainforest as a Star Wars theme - would it be the beginning of outside-the-park experiences? I doubted it due to the usual "pay for valued entertainment" model but it does sound interesting.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Good news is you can buy star wars stuff soon at that old Rainforest Caf

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    that wont happen for quite a while. By then Wonderground might be back to full version. I saw someone comment that there is so much merch that was ordered and created from overseas it keeps coming so they have so much to get rid of - its like car dealers that cant get rid of a year's model.

BTW - same guy made an interesting prediction. If Disney brings back dining to Rainforest as a Star Wars theme - would it be the beginning of outside-the-park experiences? I doubted it due to the usual "pay for valued entertainment" model but it does sound interesting.
    They could still theme the restaurant Star Wars and just charge premium prices for food and drink to satisfy the bean counters I would imagine. I think it's an interesting concept.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions