Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Ten Particular Points about Star Wars Parodies

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Ten Particular Points about Star Wars Parodies

Ten Particular Points about Star Wars Parodies by Todd King

Star Wars influenced the film industry, but also inspired parodies of itself

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Some of these were really neat! I'd never seen the Cookie Monster one (#10). Really wasn't too aware of the 1986 Transformers movie connections either.

One other more recent one (not suggesting it should have taken the place of any of your 10) was the 2009 movie "Fanboys".

It's certainly on the more adult and crude humor side (though the premise of why they went on their journey is a sad story), and it even goes so far as to poke a lot of fun at the whole Star Wars fans vs. Star Trek fans idea when the two collide during the journey ("It's Trekkers! Trekkies is derogatory!" ). (as portrayed, getting along like oil and water (which on some small scale is true, even if over the top in it's presentation)! )

The movie was a fun ride, assuming you can deal with the crude humor. (as with Robot Chicken though, not appropriate for small kids).

Then there was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (also not suggesting it belongs on your list). I'm not terribly familiar with all of it, but did see parts of it at least a few times over the years whilst flipping around channels. Definitely on the "not for young kids" list with a lot of the humor (was actually rated R). It probably could be considered crossing the lines of good taste, even as parody. But it's another example. On the plus side in the long run, Kevin Smith is a real Star Wars fan, viewing his reactions to the new movies on his YouTube channel was entertaining.

-Dave

LOL. Awesome one Todd. I had forgotten about a lot of these. Spaceballs is a favorite and love the Muppets parodies. Now we have to get Disney to re-release that Star Wars Christmas Special:-")

Good suggestions! I need to re-watch those for sure. Another list will surely come in the future.

~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey021 View Post
    LOL. Awesome one Todd. I had forgotten about a lot of these. Spaceballs is a favorite and love the Muppets parodies. Now we have to get Disney to re-release that Star Wars Christmas Special:-")
    Ummm hopefully Lucasfilm will honor the wishes of George Lucas and never release that Holiday Special - the world is fine without it
    ~`` Todd King
    (Foxtwin)

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwin View Post
    Ummm hopefully Lucasfilm will honor the wishes of George Lucas and never release that Holiday Special - the world is fine without it
    Heresy!

I wonder if those 2 Ewok TV specials will make their way to Disney Plus one day? Or are they already there and I just don't know it?
    -Dave