Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Missing Threads?(quite a few)

Missing Threads?(quite a few)

Can the admins please check if some sort of Forum backup scenario wiped a whole bunch of threads recently (probably sometime 7/14/2020 or maybe 7/13/2020)?

The scope of missing threads seems way too broad to be a result of moderation related deletions.

Anything from trip reports, to discussions about whether to extend APs due to the COVID situation, to "countdown" threads. (just examples, I'm sure there are others). Even the comment thread for the WDW Resort Update posted on 7/14/2020 is missing, though I think it was there earlier in the day on 7/14, as I normally get to the article by following the link from the comments thread when it shows up under my "new posts" (article is there, but thread for comments is gone if you click the link at the bottom of the article).

Thanks!

-Dave

2. # ADS

Okay, so I am not going crazy. I thought there was some threads missing.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Okay, so I am not going crazy. I thought there was some threads missing.
    Yep. I was actually looking for yours re: AP refunds.

I got the email on Tuesday. Keep an eye on your inbox if you didn't get it yet. We have until August 11 (I think) to formally decide if we want the refund.

Looks like they are doing the right thing, refunds for cancelling your pass will be for the amount of days that were left on your pass as of the closure date back in March (though they did the extension for the closure days first, then based the refund from July 11 through that day... but that works out to be the same # of days when I checked the math.)

The actual credit to your card may not happen until September, it said. I didn't actually go through the process yet, but I will probably over the weekend.
    -Dave

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Can the admins please check if some sort of Forum backup scenario wiped a whole bunch of threads recently (probably sometime 7/14/2020 or maybe 7/13/2020)?

The scope of missing threads seems way too broad to be a result of moderation related deletions.

Anything from trip reports, to discussions about whether to extend APs due to the COVID situation, to "countdown" threads. (just examples, I'm sure there are others). Even the comment thread for the WDW Resort Update posted on 7/14/2020 is missing, though I think it was there earlier in the day on 7/14, as I normally get to the article by following the link from the comments thread when it shows up under my "new posts" (article is there, but thread for comments is gone if you click the link at the bottom of the article).

Thanks!
    We had a server outage and backup issue on the 15th, but I wasn't aware of any data loss. I'll look into it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

Hi...any luck on restoring the missing threads & posts?

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021