Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the MAGIC!

Countdown to the MAGIC!

Well since the other thread is AWOL, here we are. Not sure about our number, but we are going Sept 3-8!

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Well since the other thread is AWOL, here we are. Not sure about our number, but we are going Sept 3-8!
    My handy dandy Excel template says Sept 3 is 51 days.

Hope it goes well for you guys!

But yeah, weird.... I don't see the other thread either. I know others have been posting to it regularly recently.
    -Dave

Si, countdown app shows 51 as well. Sometimes those are wonky with different timezones or when the programmer uses UTC...

Joey

Yeah other countdown and accomplishment threads are gone. Maybe the snowflake PC agitators found our dismay of covid practices or discussing the demise of Splash Mtn offensive...lol though pretty sure it was on the Wish I Were thread several of us brought that up. Guess well know if the directly related thread or this one disappears too...

Joey

Hopefully it's just some weird backup thing they can figure out.

I noted a trip report I had read (posted on Sunday night, IIRC) is also gone. And even the thread that is supposed to be for comments with this week's WDW Resort Update article. (article is still there, but if you click the link for the comment thread it comes up as invalid).

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Hopefully it's just some weird backup thing they can figure out.

I noted a trip report I had read (posted on Sunday night, IIRC) is also gone. And even the thread that is supposed to be for comments with this week's WDW Resort Update article. (article is still there, but if you click the link for the comment thread it comes up as invalid).
    Probably. Being a network engineer in the unwilling throws of 'cloud' its constant crap. Outages from VMC and AWS are common...but new direction everywhere is OPEX over CAPEX. People fail to realize there is no cloud, you're just using other people's computers. Lol. And over n over again I see its actually way more expensive than buying your own awesome fully redundant dell servers... But what do I know...just the guy asked to troubleshoot.
    Joey

285 days for us.

It's like someone went cleaning house (forums) around here.

Weesa being at 49! Like a whole new decade n such.... almost the same as if 7 got squared...

Looking forward to more photos and reports about reopening! Spoke with a buddy who works for the state last night and he said Fl testing sites are getting busted posting 100% positive covid results without ever testing the samples...that really helps all the false reporting. Lol

Joey

Blog Entries

Joey +2 or 51 days!!!
    i am so excited. Some of or flights have been Changed a bit, probably due to SW cutting capacity so the middle seats can be empty. Trying to see if I can get better time for our return flight. It was moved from the last flight Non stop out to 11:30 am with a lay over.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Made it to 60.

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

I am now at 38 days, but I think I am going to reschedule until next year.

Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Colt 44!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by KJSJpipe View Post
    Joey +2 or 51 days!!!
    i am so excited. Some of or flights have been Changed a bit, probably due to SW cutting capacity so the middle seats can be empty. Trying to see if I can get better time for our return flight. It was moved from the last flight Non stop out to 11:30 am with a lay over.
    Ours have been changed a few times. Dad was pissed cause he paid an upgrade once to remove 1 stopover... I'm sure theyll change again before Sept...maybe more than once. No telling what it will be like to fly a year from now with airlines in more n more trouble. Hopefully for the better from when they had us over a barrel a year ago...but more likely for the worse. As soon as restrictions lift theyll be overbooking again and if several fold well be in more trouble of it becoming monopolized... Time will tell.
    Joey

Blog Entries
    409 DAYS...
    Stupid Corona Virus. PA has said if you go to Florida you need to quarantine for 14 days. No one in my house has that much vacation time....
    ~Katrina

409 DAYS...
    Stupid Corona Virus. PA has said if you go to Florida you need to quarantine for 14 days. No one in my house has that much vacation time....
    Well that's easy, just quarantine at work...
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20

Seriously, I would NOT cancel a trip due to quarantine advisories. Two months is still a long ways out. A lot can and probably will change by then.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately thats not an option. My DH works for in the family business and his mother is on oxygen. I take care of my parents who are both almost 80 and I cant just not do it for three weeks.

~Katrina

Unfortunately that’s not an option. My DH works for in the family business and his mother is on oxygen. I take care of my parents who are both almost 80 and I can’t just not do it for three weeks.
    Oh yeah that's definitely a consideration. As much as it sucks, probably the right call for you guys then.

Unfortunately that’s not an option. My DH works for in the family business and his mother is on oxygen. I take care of my parents who are both almost 80 and I can’t just not do it for three weeks.
    I think it's awesome you guys are being so supportive of others, and I'm sorry your trip isn't going to work out. I'm in the state south of you and I'm hoping we don't get caught up in any of the quarantine stuff, although with DE, NJ & PA it seems just a matter of time. We have a non-WDW MCO trip in October and I've got a sinking feeling.... I know it's cold comfort, but have fun planning next years trip!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. It was hard to pull the trigger to cancel everything. We all know its for the best, DS was actually the first to bring it up after the quarantine announcement. Still hurts but next year will be awesome. We have a bunch of points now so maybe we can get a long weekend in sometime before my SW money expires in March.

Les- I hope they dont add MD to the list again, we are still trying to get together for my best friends anniversary and the boys birthday, both were the first week in June. Although since she works for MD DoH she maybe tied up up for a bit...

~Katrina

Thanks guys. It was hard to pull the trigger to cancel everything. We all know it’s for the best, DS was actually the first to bring it up after the quarantine announcement. Still hurts but next year will be awesome. We have a bunch of points now so maybe we can get a long weekend in sometime before my SW money expires in March.

Les- I hope they don’t add MD to the list again, we are still trying to get together for my best friends anniversary and the boys birthday, both were the first week in June. Although since she works for MD DoH she maybe tied up up for a bit...
    Everything is still so fluid I fully expect things come September wont be the same as present day...for better or worse but status quo unlikely.

With the #1 benefit of Southwest Airlines being easy changes and no penalty to cancel room the main regret I'd have cancelling would be renewing my AP vs waiting and getting a new start date.

Missing out on your sons birthday at R&C just reminds me of an old scavenger hunt idea I had years ago... Hide a Disney GC somewhere it was unlikely to be found or trashed by accident that would buy a round for for folks you couldn't meet up with. Would be fun to try and find places to hide them and worst case be out 20 bucks or whatever... But how awesome would it be if we hid one somewhere in one of the parks or resorts that you actually recovered a year from now? I was thinking some of the paintings, sconces or similar that arent regularly taken down for cleaning. I'm sure you guys (n gals) could come up with some crafty ideas!
    Joey

Thanks guys. It was hard to pull the trigger to cancel everything. We all know it’s for the best, DS was actually the first to bring it up after the quarantine announcement. Still hurts but next year will be awesome. We have a bunch of points now so maybe we can get a long weekend in sometime before my SW money expires in March.

Les- I hope they don’t add MD to the list again, we are still trying to get together for my best friends anniversary and the boys birthday, both were the first week in June. Although since she works for MD DoH she maybe tied up up for a bit...
    Sorry you had to cancel. It was hard for us as well. This was going to be the first year where my wife and I were taking three trips without our adult kids. We were able to do our first trip alone last September. We did bank all our 2020 points, so we plan on three trips next year, and may upgrade stays.

I just officially cancelled our October trip. We were supposed to go for a convention in October, and while the convention itself has been cancelled for months, I was loath to cancel our DVC room in the hope that we might just do a girls only or family trip. But I just can't see us flying at this point, and I don't see that changing between now and October.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Sorry you had to cancel. It was hard for us as well. This was going to be the first year where my wife and I were taking three trips without our adult kids. We were able to do our first trip alone last September. We did bank all our 2020 points, so we plan on three trips next year, and may upgrade stays.
    yeah, it actually works out for next year points wise. We went DL last year for the kids graduation gifts and used a lot of points. We were only going to have around 60 points for next year, now we have 260. May do a 1bdr for the big trip and maybe sneak in a long weekend this year, if the world gets its act together, or maybe next year.
    ~Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Colt 44!
    I made it to S&W 50