Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the MAGIC!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Countdown to the MAGIC!

Well since the other thread is AWOL, here we are. Not sure about our number, but we are going Sept 3-8!

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Well since the other thread is AWOL, here we are. Not sure about our number, but we are going Sept 3-8!
    My handy dandy Excel template says Sept 3 is 51 days.

Hope it goes well for you guys!

But yeah, weird.... I don't see the other thread either. I know others have been posting to it regularly recently.
    -Dave

Si, countdown app shows 51 as well. Sometimes those are wonky with different timezones or when the programmer uses UTC...

Joey

Yeah other countdown and accomplishment threads are gone. Maybe the snowflake PC agitators found our dismay of covid practices or discussing the demise of Splash Mtn offensive...lol though pretty sure it was on the Wish I Were thread several of us brought that up. Guess well know if the directly related thread or this one disappears too...

Joey

Hopefully it's just some weird backup thing they can figure out.

I noted a trip report I had read (posted on Sunday night, IIRC) is also gone. And even the thread that is supposed to be for comments with this week's WDW Resort Update article. (article is still there, but if you click the link for the comment thread it comes up as invalid).

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Hopefully it's just some weird backup thing they can figure out.

I noted a trip report I had read (posted on Sunday night, IIRC) is also gone. And even the thread that is supposed to be for comments with this week's WDW Resort Update article. (article is still there, but if you click the link for the comment thread it comes up as invalid).
    Probably. Being a network engineer in the unwilling throws of 'cloud' its constant crap. Outages from VMC and AWS are common...but new direction everywhere is OPEX over CAPEX. People fail to realize there is no cloud, you're just using other people's computers. Lol. And over n over again I see its actually way more expensive than buying your own awesome fully redundant dell servers... But what do I know...just the guy asked to troubleshoot.
    Joey

Made it to 60.

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

I am now at 38 days, but I think I am going to reschedule until next year.

Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Colt 44!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Colt 44!
    I made it to S&W 50

New decade today...39!

Watching the Imagineering series again. Too bad there arent more! Love watching this old footage of the designers!

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    I made it to S&W 50
    Nice! Looking forward to F&W--especially staying at Swan where we can walk to International Gateway and ironically the other direction to Galazys Edge (sorta).
    Joey

93 days, we rescheduled our Aug trip til Nov. Fingers crossed Florida's numbers improve, as of now we have to quarantine after a FL visit.

Michelle
    offsite '86, ASMo '01, POR '02, CBR '05, POR '08, POR '10, BCV '10, Pop '11, BC '14, DL offsite '15, POR '16, FQ '17, POR '18, SSR '19, POR/BWI '19, BLT/BWV '20

Quote Originally Posted by Shula View Post
    93 days, we rescheduled our Aug trip til Nov. Fingers crossed Florida's numbers improve, as of now we have to quarantine after a FL visit.
    The irony is...arent we all quarantining anyway (most of us)? I'm allowed to go back to my office, but no plan to. 3x 4k monitors and stand up desk is way better than work. Lol

Hope it works out for all of us!

37 Days
    Joey

The irony is...arent we all quarantining anyway (most of us)? I'm allowed to go back to my office, but no plan to. 3x 4k monitors and stand up desk is way better than work. Lol

Hope it works out for all of us!

37 Days
    And there are dogs at home. No dogs at office.
    Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20

30 days... Southworst did change our flights and parental units, but were able to change for even better return with shorter layover...
    Looks like Im just going to miss you guys. 40 for me today. Good that you got better flights going home.

Looks like I’m just going to miss you guys. 40 for me today. Good that you got better flights going home.
    Leaving on the 8th. We get to stay at DAK 40min later before heading to the airport, moved layover to HOU vs ATL--which sounds like a way safer Sept layover, and get to be home and see the dogs 40min earlier!

Though I definitely won't be surprised if they change again as the airlines are all playing house of cards...

I'm looking forward to the crowds Kenny The Pirate posted last week! Maybe our feet won't hurt so much having to stop and consume our beverages at each country before walking to the next. Lol

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020/...lace-on-earth/
    Joey

29 bottles of beer on the wall...

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

I really did not want to postpone my Disneyworld vacation again, but I just moved it once again.
    Now I will be setting up my campsite at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds on Monday, January 18, 2021.
    So now it’s 165 days

Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

26 Days! 4wks from today will be a festival day... Spam Hash good!

Touringplans dropped the forecast to 1 for almost all parks all days, but Disney has started scaling back hours starting the 8th.
    Better check updates for your park selections Daisy.

Forecast definitely sounds accurate from most recent pictures and videos showing the Castle hub with about 12 people mid day...should be a good trip for some rare photos...

Joey

26 Days! 4wks from today will be a festival day... Spam Hash good!

Touringplans dropped the forecast to 1 for almost all parks all days, but Disney has started scaling back hours starting the 8th.
    Better check updates for your park selections Daisy.

Forecast definitely sounds accurate from most recent pictures and videos showing the Castle hub with about 12 people mid day...should be a good trip for some rare photos...
    Thanks, I did see the hour reductions. We are only going to the parks for 3 days, 2 for HS and 1 at the MK. We should be able to hit everything at HS. MK we generally only spend about 4- 5 hours at the park.

You guys are getting there!!

Typical number of chromosomes, Micheal Jordan's Jersey, and more popular psalm...and duotriophobia...

See countdowns can be educational too.

Joey

Typical number of chromosomes, Micheal Jordan's Jersey, and more popular psalm...and duotriophobia...

See countdowns can be educational too.
    Well done. Have to admit that I had never heard the last word before. 😀

Well done. Have to admit that I had never heard the last word before.
    Totally cheated and looked up interesting facts about the number... who has fear of a specific number anyway? Lol. Though an ex girlfriend did have a really weird thing about odd numbers, like TV volume had to be an even number...i somehow adopted that from her but more OCD than phobia...

22 today! Looking forward to it more n more.
    Joey

Atomic number of Argon... Also the number of days in which Dotty would hit Earth in the movie Armagedon.

Getting so close! Need to try a little more waterproofing on the park pack and start lining up supplies...count the 5hr energies n such on hand. Lots of EmergenC ready to go for keeping the Bs n C boosted! Can't wait to be on the ground and catching an Uber to the Swan! Toss the bags in the room and stroll right into the International Gateway for the first sounds of EPCOT!!!

Joey