Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Covid Impacts on the local hotels around Disneyland

Covid Impacts on the local hotels around Disneyland

I wonder how all the hotels around the park have weathered the storm.

We were at the park the two days before it closed. When we checked out it sounded like the little hotel we were in was going to simply close until things opened up. There would really be no reason to stay there without the park open they said.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

2. # ADS

Many went to skeleton crews or closed. The ones I follow on FB did a bunch of work while they were closed. One redid their parking lot etc.

Blog Entries

Candy Cane is doing a renovation. Didn't see a lot of other work happening. Most are closed.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Glad Anaheim didn't do what San Francisco did and and let the homeless stay in them at the tax payer expense.

A lot of those rooms got trashed buy drug users and parties.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Glad Anaheim didn't do what San Francisco did and and let the homeless stay in them at the tax payer expense.

I've been reading tales from the front desk and there have been lots of issues with those kinds of rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I've been reading tales from the front desk and there have been lots of issues with those kinds of rooms.
    I can only imagine

I keep wondering if we are going to have to cancel our trip at the end of October.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    I keep wondering if we are going to have to cancel our trip at the end of October.
    I have one planned then too (postponed from first May and most recently the end of September)...I'm already looking at mid-November or even early December for rebooking, as I'm just not that optimistic anymore.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Anaheim was part of the letting homeless stay in hotels. I don't know what hotels though. I know one in my city was not an old hotel that was being used in this manner. Yet it seemed it was being used for elderly and those that had kids or women alone. It wasn't just for anyone. I will say that the stuff you are talking about in SF did already happen to hotels down here in the county as well. When they pushed them all out of the Santa Ana River area, not far from Angel's Stadium, they gave them vouchers for rooms. So needless to say many of us remember how that turned out not long ago and weren't thrilled over this whole thing and using the hotels in such a manner...especially since some are newer ones. I don't know how things will end up for those hotels/motels in this situation and get trashed. I thought one here in the county had sued but I'm not 100% positive on that. I will say I haven't seen anyone complain about the one here in my city..thankfully but guessing its because of who it was set up for and no one knows if any or how many took advantage of it either. So there is that as well.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I have one planned then too (postponed from first May and most recently the end of September)...I'm already looking at mid-November or even early December for rebooking, as I'm just not that optimistic anymore.
    I decided to rebook for the second week of December, because I expect great demand when the announcement comes out with a reopening date (if they do indeed have one in the near future) and would really love to be able to even get park reservations!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021