Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Dilemma for Disneyland.

Unhappy Dilemma for Disneyland.

Hi, ALL let me tell you about our tickets. We are a group of 9 young tennis players from New Zealand who were travelling to Anaheim and play tournaments and of course go to Disneyland. I purchased 9 tickets 4 day multi park tickets . We were to go in July /aug of this year. I purchased discounted tickets from ARES travel. Because Corona virus had not hit before a 90-day refund expiry date they will not give a refund!!! Our borders are shut and tickets were bought in good faith the expiry date is Dec 30th of this year. As we are in June we can not even fly to Australia as borders are shut. I received no help from ARES TRAVEL due to the corona virus epidemic. I called Disneyland and they can't refund 3rd party tickets, yet I have been told they do not lose face value and you can use them next year but if price increases you have to pay the difference. What upsets me is the failure to acknowledge that the world and corona virus has caused many things including the ability to use these tickets. ARES AND DISNEYLAND could not come up with a solution. These kids have been saving for two years not only the disappointment they cannot go but may lose their tickets. Surely this is not fair and a bit of understanding is needed.
    If we were from the USA it would be easier if the Park reopens this year. I did say to the Cast member that at writing Disneyland is closed so are our borders. So if I where to say i wanted to use these tickets now what would happen? Because the park is shut they would extend? In a very trying time for us all these companies have not really put forward any answers to people such as us. Would love to hear thoughts and any advice.

2. # ADS

Wow, I would suggest asking to talk to a supervisor for each ARES and Disneyland if you have gotten nowhere. I know thinks are extended but when travel is not an option as well as there isn't any theme park to go to you should have an option to get money returned IMO. Sadly though there could be a catch in your dealings with ARES. I saw this with many that had trips for middle schools to go to DC and certain travel groups gave all the money back with no problems while some won't give anything back. The wording in contracts with these travel companies have it set this way sadly. Was there insurance on the trip just in case something was to happen? I'd keep pushing them since your country isn't allowing travel during those months. Another thought is that Disney and ARES may not want to be so quick to give money back until they have confirmed that those months won't be open or not. Which IMO I am not seeing how they can when our numbers keep going up and not down. Good luck.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I agree about asking to speak with a supervisor, both at aRes and with Disney. Keep as calm as possible and have all the pertinent details written in front of you so that you can refer to them as needed. Disney is refunding tickets (I've seen posts about this on other boards), especially for international guests. If you find that you are getting nowhere with a certain employee or CM, simply thank them for their time and call again later. Speaking with someone else may be much more effective and efficient. Keep trying, stay calm, be as polite as possible with everyone you speak with (as soon as you lose control, you've lost your case!), and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by grandslam59 View Post
    Hi, ALL let me tell you about our tickets. We are a group of 9 young tennis players from New Zealand who were travelling to Anaheim and play tournaments and of course go to Disneyland. I purchased 9 tickets 4 day multi park tickets . We were to go in July /aug of this year. I purchased discounted tickets from ARES travel. Because Corona virus had not hit before a 90-day refund expiry date they will not give a refund!!! Our borders are shut and tickets were bought in good faith the expiry date is Dec 30th of this year. As we are in June we can not even fly to Australia as borders are shut. I received no help from ARES TRAVEL due to the corona virus epidemic. I called Disneyland and they can't refund 3rd party tickets, yet I have been told they do not lose face value and you can use them next year but if price increases you have to pay the difference. What upsets me is the failure to acknowledge that the world and corona virus has caused many things including the ability to use these tickets. ARES AND DISNEYLAND could not come up with a solution. These kids have been saving for two years not only the disappointment they cannot go but may lose their tickets. Surely this is not fair and a bit of understanding is needed.
    If we were from the USA it would be easier if the Park reopens this year. I did say to the Cast member that at writing Disneyland is closed so are our borders. So if I where to say i wanted to use these tickets now what would happen? Because the park is shut they would extend? In a very trying time for us all these companies have not really put forward any answers to people such as us. Would love to hear thoughts and any advice.
    OP, any update on your situation? I've read recently that refunds through third party vendors can take up to 6-8 weeks to process, so be prepared for this to take a while once the process gets going.