Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mickey's Basement, Part Two

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Mickey's Basement, Part Two

Mickey's Basement, Part Two by Gregg Jacobs

Gregg continues his visit down to his Mickey happy place in his home while we shelter in place

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Nice article. Your Mickey Mouse display reminds of the nice classic Mickey merchandise exhibit at the Disney Museum in SF.

I have been buying some Mickey's Christmas Village pieces over the past few years. My favorite is the Disney Parks Village Series by Dept 56. I bought most of the village pieces on E-Bay awhile back since Dept 56 discontinued the series in the late 90s. Hopefully someday, Dept 56 will prepare new Disney Parks Village pieces.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Boy...where do I start?? First of all, biggest regret of my Disney fandom was never attending a Disneyana convention. Huge mistake. Second, I'm also a huge Disney watch lover. Here's an old Disney Stuff article of mine that barely scratches the surface of how many Disney watches I have.
    https://www.mouseplanet.com/9018/Dis..._Mouse_Watches
    I wear mine all the time as well.
    Third, Disney figurines of all kinds are a big part of my collection as well. Most of mine would be considered toys I suppose as opposed to ceramic. I have a few ceramic but not too many.
    Loved the tour. Would really love some closeups of the "twin towers."

CB

Quote Originally Posted by maxbuffmelvin71 View Post
    Nice article. Your Mickey Mouse display reminds of the nice classic Mickey merchandise exhibit at the Disney Museum in SF.

I have been buying some Mickey's Christmas Village pieces over the past few years. My favorite is the Disney Parks Village Series by Dept 56. I bought most of the village pieces on E-Bay awhile back since Dept 56 discontinued the series in the late 90s. Hopefully someday, Dept 56 will prepare new Disney Parks Village pieces.
    Love that series. Anything that replicates park icons is really cool.

It's not the same series, but check out https://department56.com/collections/disney. They do have some Disney buildings. Not the same, but they are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Boy...where do I start?? First of all, biggest regret of my Disney fandom was never attending a Disneyana convention. Huge mistake. Second, I'm also a huge Disney watch lover. Here's an old Disney Stuff article of mine that barely scratches the surface of how many Disney watches I have.
    https://www.mouseplanet.com/9018/Dis..._Mouse_Watches
    I wear mine all the time as well.
    Third, Disney figurines of all kinds are a big part of my collection as well. Most of mine would be considered toys I suppose as opposed to ceramic. I have a few ceramic but not too many.
    Loved the tour. Would really love some closeups of the "twin towers."

CB
    Hey Chris! You would have loved those Disneyana Conventions. A lot of nice people and really learned a lot. Have you made it out to the D23 Expo? I say each time I'm going to go and haven't yet. Really want to go. Maybe 2021.

Went back and read your watch article again. I like them all, but really love that Steamboat Willie watch. I'm sure you've added over the years since then:-)

Will take some closeups of the towers:-)