Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Places in Walt Disney World I'd Like To Be Right Now

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Places in Walt Disney World I'd Like To Be Right Now

My Disney Top 5 - Places in Walt Disney World I'd Like To Be Right Now by Chris Barry

Chris looks at his favorite places to be throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Nice list! I'd have most of those in mine, with a few modifications maybe.

Flame Tree, fully agree, though I generally do try for the seats looking towards Everest vs. the higher ones.

Re: Bay Lake or Seven Seas: I stayed at Wilderness Lodge when it was under construction just about 3 years ago. Normally that might not be a plus (but on a side note they did include some nifty construction pins with the room ), but while I was there the normal quick serve location inside the Lodge was still being renovated, so they were serving Breakfast out at the Geyser Point venue. Sitting at a table with my breakfast (Salmon Bialy was great!) while watching the lake start to come to life was a very calm and relaxing way to start the day. I'm pretty sure they stopped serving breakfast out there once Roaring Fork re-opened, so I'm glad I was able to start each day that way during my stay.

I haven't made a habit of Deluxe stays recently, but I've done a few in the past. For me, I'd rank the AKL mornings as pretty great. I got to see several of the giraffes stand up as they woke up, that was a treat. Or the Poly, being able to look across the lagoon to the Castle before even heading out for the day. It is hard to beat the Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk for those like your wife who like to start the day with a run though. A buddy of mine mentioned loving that part of it when he stayed at Beach Club one trip.

-Dave

5. Standing on the upper level of the Mexico Showcase drinking margaritas.
    4. People watching while drinking cocktails at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge
    3. Sharing cocktails and people watching on our balcony at the Boardwalk Inn .
    2. Sharing cocktails and chatting with the bartenders at the Cabana Bar at the Dolphin.
    1. Relaxing in the Fantasyland courtyard near la Fontaine de Cendrillon.

5. Walking around Epcot 30 minutes after Illuminations has ended.
    4. Riding Thunder Mountain Railroad while everybody else is watching the parade.
    3. Getting into lunch at Be Our Guest when we thought there was not any possible way we were getting in.
    2. Any time we get to spend at California Grill.
    1. The walkway between Epcot and Hollywood studios along the river. We usually have it to ourselves.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Nice list! I'd have most of those in mine, with a few modifications maybe.

Flame Tree, fully agree, though I generally do try for the seats looking towards Everest vs. the higher ones.

Re: Bay Lake or Seven Seas: I stayed at Wilderness Lodge when it was under construction just about 3 years ago. Normally that might not be a plus (but on a side note they did include some nifty construction pins with the room ), but while I was there the normal quick serve location inside the Lodge was still being renovated, so they were serving Breakfast out at the Geyser Point venue. Sitting at a table with my breakfast (Salmon Bialy was great!) while watching the lake start to come to life was a very calm and relaxing way to start the day. I'm pretty sure they stopped serving breakfast out there once Roaring Fork re-opened, so I'm glad I was able to start each day that way during my stay.

I haven't made a habit of Deluxe stays recently, but I've done a few in the past. For me, I'd rank the AKL mornings as pretty great. I got to see several of the giraffes stand up as they woke up, that was a treat. Or the Poly, being able to look across the lagoon to the Castle before even heading out for the day. It is hard to beat the Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk for those like your wife who like to start the day with a run though. A buddy of mine mentioned loving that part of it when he stayed at Beach Club one trip.
    We stayed at The Wilderness Lodge on our grown-ups only trip. just the wife and I. We loved it. But we can't sleep 5 in their rooms, so as a family, it's been kind of off limits. We did make it a point to eat at Artist point when we could, just to be over there and enjoy the beauty of the reosrt. We miss that restaurant in a big way.

I was pretty convinced I was going to be a Poly Person once we stayed there two years in a row. It's amazing for sure. But the price has been the biggest prohibitor for us. those two years we scored a 40% off postcard or email sent to us. For that rate, we had to give it a try and we loved it. Haven't seen that 40% off deal since. But, once we went to the Yacht Club - also on either 20, 25 or 30% off rates, we fell in love with being in that area. I'd love to go back to the Polynesian but, for now, it's The Yacht Club.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    5. Standing on the upper level of the Mexico Showcase drinking margaritas.
    4. People watching while drinking cocktails at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge
    3. Sharing cocktails and people watching on our balcony at the Boardwalk Inn .
    2. Sharing cocktails and chatting with the bartenders at the Cabana Bar at the Dolphin.
    1. Relaxing in the Fantasyland courtyard near la Fontaine de Cendrillon.
    There seems to be a little bit of a theme here...

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwchuck View Post
    5. Walking around Epcot 30 minutes after Illuminations has ended.
    4. Riding Thunder Mountain Railroad while everybody else is watching the parade.
    3. Getting into lunch at Be Our Guest when we thought there was not any possible way we were getting in.
    2. Any time we get to spend at California Grill.
    1. The walkway between Epcot and Hollywood studios along the river. We usually have it to ourselves.
    Awesome list. I would enthusiastically agree with each one of those choices.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    We stayed at The Wilderness Lodge on our grown-ups only trip. just the wife and I. We loved it. But we can't sleep 5 in their rooms, so as a family, it's been kind of off limits. We did make it a point to eat at Artist point when we could, just to be over there and enjoy the beauty of the reosrt. We miss that restaurant in a big way.

I was pretty convinced I was going to be a Poly Person once we stayed there two years in a row. It's amazing for sure. But the price has been the biggest prohibitor for us. those two years we scored a 40% off postcard or email sent to us. For that rate, we had to give it a try and we loved it. Haven't seen that 40% off deal since. But, once we went to the Yacht Club - also on either 20, 25 or 30% off rates, we fell in love with being in that area. I'd love to go back to the Polynesian but, for now, it's The Yacht Club.
    Understand for the limitations needing a room for 5. A friend of mine is in the same boat, he's done I think the suites over at AoA to make it work for him with his family.

I am fully with you on the cost aspect. Believe me, I'm not making a habit of the Poly (or any on-site resorts at the moment, but that's due to my self imposed parking fee strike ). The Poly was a one shot deal for me during a special trip including my mom and my sisters family several years ago. Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights was my longest stay aside from that, and the one time I did Yacht club it was only for 3 days with a day on each end at either AoA or All Stars. Most times I was taking what I could get with Passholder deals offered for the rooms.

Agree on Artist Point. I ate there one final time shortly before they transitioned to the character meal mode. The waiter chatted me up a bit and tried to convince me a lot of adults actually wanted the character meals. (I had suggested there was no way I would ever do it as a solo traveler, but might if I had another extended family trip).

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    There seems to be a little bit of a theme here...
    Hmmm. I noticed that too, but didn't want to mention it. But hey, it's vacation, so why not, right!
    -Dave

Hey Chris,
    Thanks for getting us thinking. It was a great way to spend a few minutes.
    Chuck

This was a fun article.
    1. Sitting in or near Splashdown Photos listening to the banjo/harmonica music, enjoying the details of the Splash Mountain area, and watching guests in jovial moods from experiencing Splash Mountain or the arrival of Chip and Dale in Frontierland costumes.
    2. Taking a stroll around Liberty Square/Frontierland/Rivers of America from Hall of Presidents to Big Thunder Mountain around sunset as the lights turn on, reduction of crowds, enjoying the details of the buildings, and listening to the background music of each area.
    3. Relaxing with a beer in the Carolwood Pacific Railroad Room at Wilderness Lodge
    4. Eating a Dole Whip inside the Great Ceremonial House at Polynesian
    5. Sitting upstairs at the Main Street Railroad Station looking out to Main Street and Cinderella’s Castle and listening to the Main Street background music.

OK Chris. Thought long and hard before responding:-)

(bonus because I couldn't keep it to 5) Walking around World Showcase just as it opens when it's not too crowded.
    5. A skyliner ride over Hourglass Lake.
    4. Watching Awakenings on the Tree of Life.
    3. A big buffet breakfast at Crystal Palace.
    2. Being at the top of Splash Mountain while the fireworks go off over Cinderella's Castle.
    1. Watching Happily Ever After in the hub after a long fun Magic Kingdom day.