Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: AP Refund vs. Extension Questions: Pros? Cons?

I read somewhere that Premiere (? the both coast pass) passholders have been receiving refund checks in the mail.

2. # ADS

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I read somewhere that Premiere (? the both coast pass) passholders have been receiving refund checks in the mail.
    It is for the closed water parks
    Setting up camp at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds now sometime in the future
    My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    The one that I saw was a full refund (rather than prorated) for a mid-country passholder that requested a refund when WDW re-opened during the decision period for WDW passholders to elect a renewal or a refund.

I think Pammer and I are the only ones here that have paid in full for AP's right after the start of 2020, but never activated (First Use) prior to the parks closing. Our activate by dates are 1 year from when we purchased, which will be in less than a month now.

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Internet is acting up here so my post went double.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    I think Pammer and I are the only ones here that have paid in full for AP's right after the start of 2020, but never activated (First Use) prior to the parks closing. Our activate by dates are 1 year from when we purchased, which will be in less than a month now.
    I read that tickets were suppose to be extended to Dec 16, 2021 but there was nothing on the APs that I saw at the time. So if they had done it with the the unsued and partly used tickets then hopefully they will extend the dates on the APs you and Pammer have as well.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I read that tickets were suppose to be extended to Dec 16, 2021 but there was nothing on the APs that I saw at the time. So if they had done it with the the unsued and partly used tickets then hopefully they will extend the dates on the APs you and Pammer have as well.
    always call to verify but Im assuming Disney is talking about all entrance media when they say "tickets"
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    always call to verify but Im assuming Disney is talking about all entrance media when they say "tickets"
    The thing I saw claimed it was for the one day and multi ones that people already have in hand. Yet at this point I would call and ask about the unused APs to see if anything has changed. I know I always question the info coming from others when no link directly to official word from Disney. Yet doesn't hurt to check with Disney to see if something has changed at this point on those dates being extended or not no matter if its a ticket or not activated AP.

I called just now and the castmember I spoke to (Amy) told me our fully paid but not activated AP's will have the activate by date adjusted when the parks finally open adding 1 year from that date. I questioned that since Pammer had received a completely different answer a few months ago. The castmember put me on hold and came back after a couple minutes. She confirmed the information she gave me was correct. I'll call back after Christmas and make sure I get the same answer.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    I called just now and the castmember I spoke to (Amy) told me our fully paid but not activated AP's will have the activate by date adjusted when the parks finally open adding 1 year from that date. I questioned that since Pammer had received a completely different answer a few months ago. The castmember put me on hold and came back after a couple minutes. She confirmed the information she gave me was correct. I'll call back after Christmas and make sure I get the same answer.
    YAY!!! (Happy dance in progress)
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    YAY!!! (Happy dance in progress)
    Have you called back yourself recently to see if you get the same answer?

Have you called back yourself recently to see if you get the same answer?
    No, but that is a good idea! I will try to do that in the next few days.
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Anybody else's linked AP's or tickets disappear off their Disneyland account/app in the last few days? Mine did.

Anybody else's linked AP's or tickets disappear off their Disneyland account/app in the last few days? Mine did.
    If your date passed for when it would have expired then yes it will. I took screenshots of all of our's back in March. At this point none of our's are there because husband's was back in June and the rest of us were last month. My understanding from Disney is that its just because the date expired but that it should show back up again once the parks can open for sure and they extend things.

I emailed them and this was their response:

"The expiration date for Annual Passes is 1 year from the first date of activation. The purchase date does not indicate the start of your Annual Pass year unless it is also the same day you entered the theme parks with your Annual Pass.

Even if you did not activate your pass it still holds value. Once we have opened again you can simply bring that e-ticket to the ticket booth to upgrade to a pass that is valid at that time. "

This sounds like what I was originally told: they would apply the purchase price of my un-activated passes to the current price of the new ones, thus costing me more money as the price of the passes went up after I purchased them. I hope what you were told will be the correct answer though! If not, I suppose I could try pleading my case to a lead once I'm there in person...good luck to us both!
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I emailed them and this was their response:

"The expiration date for Annual Passes is 1 year from the first date of activation. The purchase date does not indicate the start of your Annual Pass year unless it is also the same day you entered the theme parks with your Annual Pass.

Even if you did not activate your pass it still holds value. Once we have opened again you can simply bring that e-ticket to the ticket booth to upgrade to a pass that is valid at that time. "

This sounds like what I was originally told: they would apply the purchase price of my un-activated passes to the current price of the new ones, thus costing me more money as the price of the passes went up after I purchased them. I hope what you were told will be the correct answer though! If not, I suppose I could try pleading my case to a lead once I'm there in person...good luck to us both!
    What email address? I tried to email them a couple months ago several times, (ticketinquiries@disneyonline.com) and they repeatedly refused to offer an answer and kept telling me I had to call ticketing for an answer. They actually got quite rude with their replies and never even replied to my last email. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens after they reopen. I know the vouchers I have from my online purchase show 12/31/2020 for an expiration date. With any other ticket media purchased online like this, they have extended the expiration date until the end of 2021 last I heard.

What email address? I tried to email them a couple months ago several times, (ticketinquiries@disneyonline.com) and they repeatedly refused to offer an answer and kept telling me I had to call ticketing for an answer. They actually got quite rude with their replies and never even replied to my last email. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens after they reopen. I know the vouchers I have from my online purchase show 12/31/2020 for an expiration date. With any other ticket media purchased online like this, they have extended the expiration date until the end of 2021 last I heard.
    I went through the Contact Us Email page on the DL website https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/ & chose "Online Ticket Purchase for Disneyland.com" as my Subject (the email address on the reply was ticketinquiries@disneyonline.com, just like yours). I guess we shall see what happens once they reopen!
    Pam

I don't think that any answer they give now will be definitive until they once again announce a re-opening date and formulate a plan to actually deal with all of the unexpired and partially used tickets and passes (unless they opt to cancel all current tickets/passes and offer refunds before they announce a reopening date). And even then, there may be flexibility for someone who is willing to politely request an exception.

Blog Entries

I agree with currance. The plan will change and be adjusted as they move to opening.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I don't really care what they decide to do with my pass anymore. While I will be a little disappointed if it doesn't get extended for 10 or more months since that's what they said in the beginning I'm not going to complain about it. I had monthly payments but I put down several hundred dollars when I renewed, so if there's no refund I'll request one. I'm more worried about losing things like the parking add on and photopass that are grandfathered, but even those I understand may not last forever. If they want to give me the option to suspend my pass or pick a new expiration date to keep attendance down I'd be open to that too.

LA Times is reporting that ALL APs will be refunded (cancelled) and they will re-think options once they know when they will re-open.

Its up on Mouseplanet's main page about it. So guess I should see a refund to my husband's last few months at some point. The rest of us had been on payment plans. This is sad news for sure. This is not effecting WDW of course. Here is the Disneyland page for the refund info. Mouseplanet's article mentions the "membership" program. Which if I remember right has been something brought up over the years off and on for a bit now but with not much said other than calling it that. Guess we shall see where that leaves many of us down the road when it come to cost and what will happen when things do reopen. BTW, those of you with the not yet activated APs will get a refund as well of course.

I was afraid it would come to this, but they probably didn't have a choice. After you brainstorm and try to come up with a fair way to implement reopening at reduced capacity and phased admission tiers, they probably just came up with the only way to be fair across the playing field was to refund everybody and start from scratch.

Blog Entries

I'm surprised they pulled the trigger so early. I had heard speculation about cancellation already but it would be closer to reopening. APs still get a discount for now - great - but with APs being the majority visitors I think after the initial wave of enthusiasm the park attendance will be quite low. Which will also mean I guess Disney mgmt can advertise wide open spaces and the save money on labor.

I guess this will be the test if Disney can really make it a true resort destination like WDW over the long haul. Short term (,6 months, 1 year) it will be busy. Over time though, hmmm

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I was afraid it would come to this, but they probably didn't have a choice. After you brainstorm and try to come up with a fair way to implement reopening at reduced capacity and phased admission tiers, they probably just came up with the only way to be fair across the playing field was to refund everybody and start from scratch.
    I don't think this is something new that they just decided on but the pandemic did help since they have had to stay closed for so long. It just gave that push that with all the APs getting to the end of dates that it was easy to clear the slate and look at the options of what to do next. Like I said its been said before in the past that rumors were they were thinking of doing something different and it was referred to in the same manner with the word "membership" tossed around. So I guess we shall see what they come up with I guess. I do think they had way to many AP options and it was why I was surprised by adding the Flex when they did. I know that when the parks can open safely that we will probably see reservations needed but I do hope that whatever they decide on this new program doesn't make it where that is what is required all the time down the road when we are in a better position to not limit capacity and such. It is a sad day though.