Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AP Refund vs. Extension Questions: Pros? Cons?

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    There's been some speculation as to a change in the landscape of entrance media. Since everything with be reservation based to get in the concept of multi day tickets might not fit if u can't get successive days reservation.

And for broader passes - like Sign and Sign Plus will there be extensions or partial refunds if everything essentially is a Flex pass for the time being? Hmmm

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Well, as for APs, Shanghai blocked APs from the reservation period, i.e. the reservation period still counts as part of the extended closure for APs and passholders won't start their payments or calendar year again until the reservation period ends. Someone likened it to APs getting free days as long as they make a reservation -- if that is accurate. So if something like that happens here, too, things might be interesting...

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Well, as for APs, Shanghai blocked APs from the reservation period, i.e. the reservation period still counts as part of the extended closure for APs and passholders won't start their payments or calendar year again until the reservation period ends. Someone likened it to APs getting free days as long as they make a reservation -- if that is accurate. So if something like that happens here, too, things might be interesting...
    From your description it sounds like passes are not valid - so that means passholders have to buy tickets for reservations days. Is that true? Otherwise it seems they'd convert all to flex style. As said earlier - how that translates to your dollar value is unknown.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

From your description it sounds like passes are not valid - so that means passholders have to buy tickets for reservations days. Is that true? Otherwise it seems they'd convert all to flex style. As said earlier - how that translates to your dollar value is unknown.

It doesn't that way to me. It seems that maybe its more along the lines because its a luck of the draw on getting a reservation for a day at this point and since its limited in how many can get reservations, they are understanding that there could be many passholders not able to get a reservation at all. So it would be a bit unfair to make those passholders pay for something they aren't able to get even 1 day of use in for where its not their choice.
    https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com...l-pass-notice/

So will be interesting to see how things get handled here. I guess we will get a peak of things with the WDW reopening plans tomorrow. From what I read earlier it sounds like Disney is watching how things go in Shanghai and will at WDW to use here.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries

I read a story in the LA Times today about how Shanghai is doing - and they had one moment where a guest was so excited she jumped out of her "square" while watching a show. A CM stepped in and asked her to please get back in the square. She complied. I just wonder how some US Guests will handle that. Culturally it's going to be different in the U.S.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I read a story in the LA Times today about how Shanghai is doing - and they had one moment where a guest was so excited she jumped out of her "square" while watching a show. A CM stepped in and asked her to please get back in the square. She complied. I just wonder how some US Guests will handle that. Culturally it's going to be different in the U.S.

This is what I am concerned with really. I don't know how it is where you are here but where I am there are many that don't care and don't want to follow things recommended or required. I've seen a few try to tell people that they will just say certain things to get out of having to wear it where its required. Which then comes in wondering how many will wear it to the spots they need to get in the gates and after that put in away. I think we have all seen news stories on those that have got physical over being told to put it on or leave. So I would be concerned for the Cast Members that will have to deal with guests that think they can skirt the rules. It wouldn't be the first time they have had to deal with those kind of guests sadly. Hopefully it won't be to bad and more will just go with the rules that we end up with for the time being to be able to enjoy being back in the parks. I know that is a lot to hope for and I don't have much hope considering how many are being anti this or that in my city as it is.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    This is what I am concerned with really. I don't know how it is where you are here but where I am there are many that don't care and don't want to follow things recommended or required. I've seen a few try to tell people that they will just say certain things to get out of having to wear it where its required. Which then comes in wondering how many will wear it to the spots they need to get in the gates and after that put in away. I think we have all seen news stories on those that have got physical over being told to put it on or leave. So I would be concerned for the Cast Members that will have to deal with guests that think they can skirt the rules. It wouldn't be the first time they have had to deal with those kind of guests sadly. Hopefully it won't be to bad and more will just go with the rules that we end up with for the time being to be able to enjoy being back in the parks. I know that is a lot to hope for and I don't have much hope considering how many are being anti this or that in my city as it is.
    Disneylanders will have a chance to see how this plays out before DL opens with WDW opening parks on July 11th. DL will have the fortune of making changes on policies and processes that didn't work well at WDW. Hopefully that will make DL's opening much smoother when they eventually decide to open.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Disneylanders will have a chance to see how this plays out before DL opens with WDW opening parks on July 11th. DL will have the fortune of making changes on policies and processes that didn't work well at WDW. Hopefully that will make DL's opening much smoother when they eventually decide to open.
    Shall see how it goes. I see that they are opening the 2 parks July 11th and then July 15th the other 2. As well as a hold on tickets and hotel reservations being sold so those that have tickets now and their passholders will have a chance for reservations. I am not sure how that will work here with as many passholders as we have but we shall see what they decide when the time comes on how to work it out.

But this is what makes America great.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

We have 2 flex passes I purchased on January 2nd 2020, but we have not activated (1st use) them yet. On my app it shows they are both good until 1-2-2021. I'm wondering if that date will get extended by the number of days the resort ends up being closed, or stay the same since we haven't activated them yet?

There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    We have 2 flex passes I purchased on January 2nd 2020, but we have not activated (1st use) them yet. On my app it shows they are both good until 1-2-2021. I'm wondering if that date will get extended by the number of days the resort ends up being closed, or stay the same since we haven't activated them yet?
    If they aren't activated yet then I would say its like how it always is where once you do use it the 1st time its a year from that day that it ends and nothing different. Now depending on when reopening here happens the date on your passes for when you do need to use them by could change and be extended as they have been doing with the tickets/passes.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Kind of sounds like they are going to open at lower capacity numbers. I wonder how that will impact our AP?

What if you can't get in half the time, do you still lose that time on your pass?
    A very valid question. Since it appears that park capacity will be significantly reduced, it would seem pretty certain that AP holders may only get a percentage of the available park "slots" to allow for hotel guests with multi-day tickets or some amount of one-day customers to be accommodated. The logistics which Disney will need to deal with will be fascinating to watch as their plans get announced.

One other item of interest would be if Disney plans to keep the "virtual queue" for the Star Wars ROTR attraction - with restrictions on the number of guests that will be allowed into Disneyland on any given day will those restrictions be such that if every guest that day wanted to ride ROTR once that day they would be able to do so?

Super Moderator
    MousePad Moderator

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CDF View Post
    One other item of interest would be if Disney plans to keep the "virtual queue" for the Star Wars ROTR attraction - with restrictions on the number of guests that will be allowed into Disneyland on any given day will those restrictions be such that if every guest that day wanted to ride ROTR once that day they would be able to do so?
    And how are they going to handle ride vehicles is another question mark. Only groups who came/live together ride together? That's going to slow moving people through down considerably.
    Karin

I called to extend my payments on my pas. My 40 day window opened, even after the call, and the option to renew is there. I asked if renewing would impact the extension and I got "You're on the list." I have no problem renewing "early" and keeping this year's price, but I'll wait. I also never got the refund for the payment they took at the end of March. I don't really care in the sense that I am extending and would pay it anyway, but I expect there to be some confusion.

My sister's prepaid Flex had been extended twice, but was never extended past May 31st and has now disappeared from the app. Disney had been allowing reservations for June (obviously we didn't really expect them to be open,) but that never worked for her pass because of the expiration date. She only had a few days left on the pass when they closed, I think she's leaning towards not going the first few days they're open anyway.

I didn't even think about it at the time but just checked and my husband's pass isn't listed now either. His expired the 1st of this month. I have screenshots of our APs though and we weren't thinking about the renewal because of it getting extended once the time comes. Glad I took the screenshots on our APs though now with dropped off the app like that. Guess we shall see how this works out once open again.

Blog Entries

so Im confused. Didnt Disneyland state that if you wanted to simply extend your pass you didnt have to do anything. So I didnt do anything. Yes - my pass is no longer in the app. It was supposed to expire on 4/26/20 but I renewed it on 4/5/20. So now the "extended" pass doesnt appear in the app AND my renewal doesnt appear.

so what was I supposed to have done - and what can I do now?

so Im confused. Didnt Disneyland state that if you wanted to simply extend your pass you didnt have to do anything. So I didnt do anything. Yes - my pass is no longer in the app. It was supposed to expire on 4/26/20 but I renewed it on 4/5/20. So now the "extended" pass doesnt appear in the app AND my renewal doesnt appear.

so what was I supposed to have done - and what can I do now?
    Yes this is getting a little confusing as nothing was said when I called about our 3 we have on payment plans and wanted to have it just extended. So I am not sure if I need to call about it or do we have to wait until the parks open and it will come back up? Seems like this is a mess they will be dealing with now for these ones that expire during the time its closed.

Blog Entries

I called Passholder line. Sent to Guest relations and Ticketing. As you know Disney extended everyone pass to May 31st. Then they announced they would be extending them for the length of however long the park was closed but would not keep creating dates. Well, since my pass officially expired on April 26th, and the last day of activity was May 31st, their "system" automatically cut me off. They did not do anything about extending the pass. This was explained to me by the CM from Ticketing. She could not make changes herself and had to defer to a supervisor to do it - who would have to get back to me. And, if you recall, I renewed on April 2nd and since my expiration did not come, and they kept extending the pass, they did not apply my renewal (as we feared back when I mentioned it previously in the thread). So - I'm waiting for a call back from a Ticketing supervisor to be able to make edits to my account and reinstate everything.

Now my question will be this - will my extension only count from April 26th, 2020 (since that was my renewal date) or will it be counted from march 15th when the park was closed. Since it seems their system deals with hard dates - I expect to having to make another call to rectify dates. I'll let you all know if I get a different result other than my pass being reinstated.

Thanks olegc for that info.

According to Gothic Rosie, you only need to call for two reasons:
    1. You are fully paid and you want the partial refund, not the extension. So you will keep the same expiration date.
    2. You are on the payment plan and you want the extension, not the partial refund.

If you wanted the default option for your AP (fully paid = extension/monthly payments = partial refund), then you didn't have to call.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    According to Gothic Rosie, you only need to call for two reasons:
    1. You are fully paid and you want the partial refund, not the extension. So you will keep the same expiration date.
    2. You are on the payment plan and you want the extension, not the partial refund.

If you wanted the default option for your AP (fully paid = extension/monthly payments = partial refund), then you didn't have to call.
    I get it - but if I didn't call for my situation is never get the credits. The CM even said "that's odd. This should not have happened"

I get it - but if I didn't call for my situation is never get the credits. The CM even said "that's odd. This should not have happened"

Yes, I knew your situation was more of an exception -- and I hope that gets cleared up soon without any problems! -- my post was more of a clarification/reminder for anyone who still wasn't sure whether they had to call about their AP.

so i just looked at my credit card bill and on jun 1st there is a charge for my AP? anyone else? did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by goggles View Post
    so i just looked at my credit card bill and on jun 1st there is a charge for my AP? anyone else? did i miss something?
    No, and I usually get charged on the first or last day of the month. Plus I think I renewed so early last year that I wasn't going to have to pay in June.

Oh, and my credit card was compromised in May, I called just before Memorial Day to change it. Hopefully that change went through. Maybe I'll find out at the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by goggles View Post
    Our's wouldn't be billed until about the 12th of the month. So will keep an eye on it just in case. Our renewal isn't until Dec for the 3. I'm just wondering about husband's though. We had paid his in full last year in June. We were waiting to renew since it was said it would be extended the time when the parks do open but with it not showing on the app I am trying to decided if I need to call about it or just wait on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Our's wouldn't be billed until about the 12th of the month. So will keep an eye on it just in case. Our renewal isn't until Dec for the 3. I'm just wondering about husband's though. We had paid his in full last year in June. We were waiting to renew since it was said it would be extended the time when the parks do open but with it not showing on the app I am trying to decided if I need to call about it or just wait on things.
    My thinking is there is no real point in calling now. The CMs on the phone don't really know and Disney may not have even decided how they will handle it. Anything they tell you may not even happen when they do open. I'm expecting there to be lots of "special cases" the longer this goes on. And even though that means really high call volume, I still think it is best just to wait.