Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: AP Refund vs. Extension Questions: Pros? Cons?

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I see on my USPS Informed Delivery email this morning that hubby & I each have something coming from Disney Worldwide Services in Lake Buena Vista, FL...it has tear-off tabs on each side; could these possibly be our long-awaited refund checks?
    Hopefully it is. I called last Friday and got the same old "we're working really hard to process all these refunds and be patient" line again. Did you ever get any email? I asked the agent about that last Friday and she confirmed my email address is correct. My informed delivery shows only another AARP junk mail letter again. LOL!
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good to know some checks are coming. I also called last week and got the same line. Each account and each pass is treated I dependently and they take a while to ensure all of the numbers are right. So my renewal was already refunded electronically but the 42 days lost in 2020 has not.

I just have this vision of an office of 5 people processing all of these refunds and after 3 months they are mentally exhausted. Are they using computers or adding machines?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Yes it probably is. That is how my husband's came. Glad it finally is showing up for you.
    Me too! Hubby still had about 6 months left on his active pass and we had 2 unactivated passes as well...it will be interesting to see if he gets everything he is due!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Hopefully it is. I called last Friday and got the same old "we're working really hard to process all these refunds and be patient" line again. Did you ever get any email? I asked the agent about that last Friday and she confirmed my email address is correct. My informed delivery shows only another AARP junk mail letter again. LOL!
    No, nothing! I stopped getting emails from Disney years ago, even though I've had the same email address for decades!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Good to know some checks are coming. I also called last week and got the same line. Each account and each pass is treated I dependently and they take a while to ensure all of the numbers are right. So my renewal was already refunded electronically but the 42 days lost in 2020 has not.

I just have this vision of an office of 5 people processing all of these refunds and after 3 months they are mentally exhausted. Are they using computers or adding machines?

I think they are using a third party company. They don't answer the phones or sign off with anything Disney-like anymore. Seems weird.

I see on my USPS Informed Delivery email this morning that hubby & I each have something coming from Disney Worldwide Services in Lake Buena Vista, FL...it has tear-off tabs on each side; could these possibly be our long-awaited refund checks?
    Well, we received refunds for the 2 unactivated Deluxe with Maxpass vouchers I'd purchased in January 2020 (better than nothing!)...still due the 6months on hubby's active Deluxe with Maxpass AP, whatever that will end up being...
    Pam
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Well, we received refunds for the 2 unactivated Deluxe with Maxpass vouchers I'd purchased in January 2020 (better than nothing!)...still due the 6months on hubby's active Deluxe with Maxpass AP, whatever that will end up being...
    Hopefully you and olegc both get the rest owed soon.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Thank you!!!
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Thanks

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Yesterday we received 3 checks for three never activated signatures + Maxpass purchased January 2020. Paid in full. Refunded in full. Good stuff Disney.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Received 2 checks today for the Flex plus MaxPass AP's that we paid for in full 1-3-2020. Never received a single email, but we got the full refund. Happy I don't have to worry about that anymore. but it's sad at the same time. We will go again of course. Probably just 3 day hoppers for 3 or so trips a year now, and no more discounts except whatever Disney Visa offers. I'm sure they'll have to raise prices to make up for there 1+ year losses too. We live 5 hours away, so that's the plan for now after they fully open or at least close to that anyway. So it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Yesterday we received 3 checks for three never activated signatures + Maxpass purchased January 2020. Paid in full. Refunded in full. Good stuff Disney.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Received 2 checks today for the Flex plus MaxPass AP's that we paid for in full 1-3-2020. Never received a single email, but we got the full refund. Happy I don't have to worry about that anymore. but it's sad at the same time. We will go again of course. Probably just 3 day hoppers for 3 or so trips a year now, and no more discounts except whatever Disney Visa offers. I'm sure they'll have to raise prices to make up for there 1+ year losses too. We live 5 hours away, so that's the plan for now after they fully open or at least close to that anyway. So it is what it is.
    Glad you both got your refunds.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Is anybody still waiting for their AP pro-rated refunds? My hubby had an active Deluxe AP with MaxPass that I bought online 10-13-18 with a Disney GC and he activated on 9-28-19; I calculate about $365 due us but no word from Disney at all (their emails stopped arriving several years ago). Is it best to call or do the online chat to resolve this?

Pam

Is anybody still waiting for their AP pro-rated refunds? My hubby had an active Deluxe AP with MaxPass that I bought online 10-13-18 with a Disney GC and he activated on 9-28-19; I calculate about $365 due us but no word from Disney at all (their emails stopped arriving several years ago). Is it best to call or do the online chat to resolve this?
    I would try chat but I am going to bet you have to call to deal with it. Do you by chance have the GC still or the number from it to see if they put it back on there? Sorry you are one of those still waiting. I have seen there are still others waiting as well on getting their refunds. I find it terrible for a company like Disney to be so bad about this and the lack of communication is even worse. SMH I hope you can get someone to get this taken care of for you already. BTW, since its his AP they might want to talk to him about it all so be prepared for that.

I would try chat but I am going to bet you have to call to deal with it. Do you by chance have the GC still or the number from it to see if they put it back on there? Sorry you are one of those still waiting. I have seen there are still others waiting as well on getting their refunds. I find it terrible for a company like Disney to be so bad about this and the lack of communication is even worse. SMH I hope you can get someone to get this taken care of for you already. BTW, since its his AP they might want to talk to him about it all so be prepared for that.
    Thanks...I do have the GC & have checked the balance...it's registered on their GC site because it has such a high balance available on it ($1000; newer cards seem to be limited to $500), so I know nothing has been returned to it.

When I called back in July 2020 to request a refund rather than an extension, they were supposed to make a note of it at that time what we were requesting (the first time I called someone before that, they wanted to speak to the Contract Holder...well, I have the account and bought the passes so that would be me, but I couldn't prove it at the time; the second time I called, they didn't even ask!); that CM said I would be contacted for the GC number or would send me a new one...of course, that never happened.

I also had 2 new unactivated Deluxe APs with MP that I purchased on 1-3-20, also with that same Disney GC (I just keep reloading it); we received checks for those back in early March so I think we've waited long enough! I was just on hold for 25mins and gave up...will try again another day.
    Pam

That is just ridiculous! You asked for that refund a year ago and still waiting. SMH I hope you can get through soon and get someone to get this done. You have to wonder how many more are out there in your same position.

Blog Entries
    Im still waiting for my pro-rated refund. It was around 140 and I never received it. I actually forgot about it and will have to call back.

Im still waiting for my pro-rated refund. It was around 140 and I never received it. I actually forgot about it and will have to call back.
    Ours showed up on our Credit Card statement. Maybe yours went there??
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    Ours showed up on our Credit Card statement. Maybe yours went there??
    Not sure about olegc, but mine was purchased with a Disney gift card so no luck with a credit card credit...I've been unable to reach anyone via the app chat or phone line!
    Pam

I suggest to anyone still waiting to call the AP line, even if it's a long wait. I went through a similar thing, my DH received his refund in the mail in February. I kept waiting for mine, but sort of forgot about it. Then one day in early May they called me! They said they had sent my refund in the mail, but it was returned due to a bad address. (We had moved 5 years ago, and I had changed my address everywhere, but they said they have another place where my old address was still stored. Made no sense to me, but whatever!) So I asked them to send it to my new address. A few weeks went by, no check arrived. So I called them the last week of May, and yes, I had to wait on hold for over an hour. But once they took my call, I told them that story and they confirmed that they now have only my new address, and that my refund was approved. But it was sent to their corporate department (accounting or accounts payable or financial services or whatever they call it). That department would send my check again, and the AP team didn't know what schedule checks were sent out. They told me it all looked good and to just be patient. About 2 weeks later it arrived! So my tip is find a time when you can wait on hold for a long time, and call the AP line (714) 781-7277, and if they tell you that they don't know when they'll get to yours, at least confirm that they have the right mailing address, phone number, and email address in their system, even if you see the correct info when you look online.

Quote Originally Posted by emgm View Post
    I suggest to anyone still waiting to call the AP line, even if it's a long wait. I went through a similar thing, my DH received his refund in the mail in February. I kept waiting for mine, but sort of forgot about it. Then one day in early May they called me! They said they had sent my refund in the mail, but it was returned due to a bad address. (We had moved 5 years ago, and I had changed my address everywhere, but they said they have another place where my old address was still stored. Made no sense to me, but whatever!) So I asked them to send it to my new address. A few weeks went by, no check arrived. So I called them the last week of May, and yes, I had to wait on hold for over an hour. But once they took my call, I told them that story and they confirmed that they now have only my new address, and that my refund was approved. But it was sent to their corporate department (accounting or accounts payable or financial services or whatever they call it). That department would send my check again, and the AP team didn't know what schedule checks were sent out. They told me it all looked good and to just be patient. About 2 weeks later it arrived! So my tip is find a time when you can wait on hold for a long time, and call the AP line (714) 781-7277, and if they tell you that they don't know when they'll get to yours, at least confirm that they have the right mailing address, phone number, and email address in their system, even if you see the correct info when you look online.
    The thing is this isn't the case for many others though. I've seen some on other boards that have called over and over and over again to be told its coming but it never does or they can't do anything. IMO NO ONE should have been waiting over a year to get a refund either that was requested and no one should have been waiting months later after the AP program was canceled. This was handled badly by Disney and still is. So question comes in how many times does one need to sit all day on the phone waiting to get through in hopes someone will listen and actually do something? I know of at least one person that has now taken it to her credit card company in hopes they will help. Yet if not and those that used gift cards, then what? Does it come down to finding out who to report them to for not giving them their money back? We were lucky to get all our's back but I feel for those still stuck trying to get it handled and ending up getting nowhere each time they call or use chat.

1 (714) 781-7277

Pammer there is the number from my contacts for the AP line. Pretty reliable in my experience.

My situation was pretty similar to yours. Whether I had the gift card(s) or not, it was 15 months removed from my purchase by the time Disney was processing refunds. I made it clear I wanted checks and they obliged. When you get someone on the phone they’re gonna be hard pressed to explain why this hasn’t been settled by now … we’re going on 6 months since the AP announcement.

Last edited by MidwayManiac; 07-15-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Blog Entries

As of today August 2nd I have officially written off my 143 dollars owed me for refund on the closure period before my pass hit renewal. March 14 to April 25. I called again today and the note in my file that was from march 8 2021 is still there to "research whether the dates and dollars are accurate". The CM was kind enough to offer an escalation but as he stated with still 10s of thousands of requests to still fulfill (and most likely a very small outsourced staff) there's most likely no desire to go quickly here. Another Disney disappointment for 2021. I'd get better odds in Vegas than getting my 143 back.

If it was me I wouldn't let them off the hook for even 10 bucks at this point let alone anything over a hundred bucks. I've seen some say they had stuff escalated many months ago and they are still waiting. It was a lot more than what you are even waiting for. All I know is Disney should have made sure to get everyone their money back and not play games like that. IMO when they tell you things like "research whether the dates and dollars are accurate" is their way of not just trying to get rid of you but saying you are the one miscalculating things. SMH It still amazes me that one of the largest corporations in the world and they can't make sure to do this right and get it back to everyone in a timely manner.

Blog Entries
    If it was me I wouldn't let them off the hook for even 10 bucks at this point let alone anything over a hundred bucks. I've seen some say they had stuff escalated many months ago and they are still waiting. It was a lot more than what you are even waiting for. All I know is Disney should have made sure to get everyone their money back and not play games like that. IMO when they tell you things like "research whether the dates and dollars are accurate" is their way of not just trying to get rid of you but saying you are the one miscalculating things. SMH It still amazes me that one of the largest corporations in the world and they can't make sure to do this right and get it back to everyone in a timely manner.
    I've seen and experienced this tactic in a lot of industries - they never say "no refund even if you are owed" but there never was a promised deadline so they keep stretching it out hoping you would forget about it.

Lets see after the announcement today if there is any tag like "refunds need to be processed by X date" somewhere in fine print for older AP holders. Like somehow its our fault the process is not complete.

I've seen and experienced this tactic in a lot of industries - they never say "no refund even if you are owed" but there never was a promised deadline so they keep stretching it out hoping you would forget about it.

Lets see after the announcement today if there is any tag like "refunds need to be processed by X date" somewhere in fine print for older AP holders. Like somehow its our fault the process is not complete.
    Which if that was to happen, there would sure be many upset people waiting on there refunds still. I am not sure who one would need to go to for filling complaints but at this point its probably time for people to do so. To me even worse than those like you waiting for the ones from earlier this year where there was no choice, are the ones that requested it last year and still waiting over a year later. SMH At this point it seems they are hoping those still waiting forget and move on. Which is terrible.