Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: AP Refund vs. Extension Questions: Pros? Cons?

  1. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    My thinking is there is no real point in calling now. The CMs on the phone don't really know and Disney may not have even decided how they will handle it. Anything they tell you may not even happen when they do open. I'm expecting there to be lots of "special cases" the longer this goes on. And even though that means really high call volume, I still think it is best just to wait.
    Its why I've debated it. The long wait to talk to someone that more than likely has no clue at this point. I figured with how this is turning out right now that we will all end up probably needing things adjusted by them once the time comes.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Its why I've debated it. The long wait to talk to someone that more than likely has no clue at this point. I figured with how this is turning out right now that we will all end up probably needing things adjusted by them once the time comes.
    I waited less than 10 minutes, so it wasn't that bad. But since a bunch of passes fell out of accounts since the 31st it might be bad now.

  4. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    I waited less than 10 minutes, so it wasn't that bad. But since a bunch of passes fell out of accounts since the 31st it might be bad now.
    Glad you didn't wait long. Yes it may be. I guess it will just depend on how many notice this has happened or not and when they do.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  5. #54
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Glad you didn't wait long. Yes it may be. I guess it will just depend on how many notice this has happened or not and when they do.
    I still have not received my call back. Sounds like I have to connect again..

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  6. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I still have not received my call back. Sounds like I have to connect again..

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    This is part of why I was waiting to call. I wanted to see what happened on your end. Guess you will have to call again if they haven't reached out yet. Hopefully it gets handled for you soon.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

  7. #56
    Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    My Deluxe AP expired in late February and my husband's is due to expire 9/27; I had purchased two new APs in early January (at the older pass prices) that just had to be activated within a year of purchase, then their expiration dates would be a year after activation.

    We originally were going to go in May and I was going to activate my pass then, followed by a second trip in September right before James' pass expired, and then a third trip in December for my 60th birthday & also to activate his pass. I subsequently canceled the May trip and hope the September & December trips can happen as planned; however, I'm tempted to cancel James' current pass and then just activate both passes whenever we are able to resume visits, which may or may not happen this year. I also had thought about what currence stated about the rate on James' AP being less than what I paid for the new passes in January which are waiting to be activated.

    I have a couple of questions before I decide:
    • If you elect to cancel a pass and get a prorated refund, do they cancel back to a March 15th effective date (first date of closure)?
    • I assume the two unactivated passes will be extended accordingly as well?

    I'm not sure if anyone here knows the answers; I may just need to call to get more information before I decide.
    I called this afternoon and only waited a minute or two (once all of the announcements are done) for a CM to answer (she said today has been very slow for some reason). I found out the two unactivated passes that I bought on 1-4-20 STILL have to be activated by 1-3-21 (no extension); however, if unable to activate within the year for whatever reason, the price we paid will be applied to the current price of a pass and any price difference would be due.

    We also want to get a pro-rated refund for James' still active pass that expires 9-27-20, but he has to be the one to call and request it.

    I'm closely watching how things go between now and our planned trip in late September, before we firmly decide what's best for us.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013



  8. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I called this afternoon and only waited a minute or two (once all of the announcements are done) for a CM to answer (she said today has been very slow for some reason). I found out the two unactivated passes that I bought on 1-4-20 STILL have to be activated by 1-3-21 (no extension); however, if unable to activate within the year for whatever reason, the price we paid will be applied to the current price of a pass and any price difference would be due.

    We also want to get a pro-rated refund for James' still active pass that expires 9-27-20, but he has to be the one to call and request it.

    I'm closely watching how things go between now and our planned trip in late September, before we firmly decide what's best for us.
    That answers the question I've been asking since they closed. I purchased 2 Flex passes on 1-3-20 that have an activate by date of 1-2-21. I sure hope we can manage to go at least 1 day before then to activate them. I bought early trying to avoid the next price increase, so it would be a real bummer if our only choice would be to apply the $ to a current price pass. I was hoping they were going to extend our activate by date for the number of they they end up being closed. And if they keep the current block out days, we'd both have to activate no later than December 20th this year.
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    That answers the question I've been asking since they closed. I purchased 2 Flex passes on 1-3-20 that have an activate by date of 1-2-21. I sure hope we can manage to go at least 1 day before then to activate them. I bought early trying to avoid the next price increase, so it would be a real bummer if our only choice would be to apply the $ to a current price pass. I was hoping they were going to extend our activate by date for the number of they they end up being closed. And if they keep the current block out days, we'd both have to activate no later than December 20th this year.
    I thought you could activate on a blackout day? I expect that if you get close to the expiration date and call to explain the situation, they may be able to make a one-off exception. I also wouldn't be surprised if they extend some of the activate-by dates if the park closure continues for significantly longer. Now that the park won't be re-opening mid-July, some of the current details/rules may change.

  10. #59

    My AP has now expired. The notice to renew stayed both in the app and online, but both forwarded to the part of the site that says renewals are suspended if I clicked on it. Since it no longer shows online I assume I can't buy any AP exclusives items when they go on sale on the 14th. I'm not sure I would want to anyway. I am definitely not going to Downtown Disney to spend any money, so the lack of an AP discount doesn't matter there.

    I kind of wish I had renewed before they suspended renewals, but I was afraid it would mess up my extension. Now I wonder if they would even honor it. I haven't seen it yet, but they said they are refunding the payments from the first few weeks of the closure.


  11. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    My AP has now expired. The notice to renew stayed both in the app and online, but both forwarded to the part of the site that says renewals are suspended if I clicked on it. Since it no longer shows online I assume I can't buy any AP exclusives items when they go on sale on the 14th. I'm not sure I would want to anyway. I am definitely not going to Downtown Disney to spend any money, so the lack of an AP discount doesn't matter there.

    I kind of wish I had renewed before they suspended renewals, but I was afraid it would mess up my extension. Now I wonder if they would even honor it. I haven't seen it yet, but they said they are refunding the payments from the first few weeks of the closure.
    I know we are in the same boat with my husband's AP as you. I didn't think to even just renew it back in May but not even for the reason of the extension being messed up but we had discussed waiting until the extension and then renewing when it was time to expire when it came after that. I haven't had a chance to get a quiet moment to call and ask about it all but need to try to.

    I figured that no matter what with the 65th items that resellers will flock the store being grabby and then there will be those that keep finding the backdoor in to get merchandise online before it ends up on sale to resell. So if anything is left it will be surprising at this point. Not much that really caught my interest from what was online in previews. I think maybe a couple things I'd like but not I need to have type items.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

    According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •