Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: When will Disneyland Re-Open? - speculation incouraged

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    It has all the makings of doing nothing positive, and being just another super spreader event.
    Exactly! That is all I see when I see that stuff. I keep seeing this stuff in my city too. We have a few running for city council that are not wearing masks or social distancing and holding big meet and greets. Each time I see pics of it I see another event that is possibly spreading things.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    This goes along with the story in the LA Times this week that talked to some fans who miss Disneyland and want it to be open - how their lives are not the same. Really? Wow. Talk about self-centered aggrandizing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    I think we all miss going but I have to laugh a little at the ones that get a bit dramatic over it. Heck who's life right now is the same as before the pandemic? It all comes back to that if people want us to move towards the goal of having theme parks open again then mask up, distance and follow the guidelines in place. More so with all the holidays we have coming up. Otherwise we will take steps back instead of forward to get there.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    it doesn't seem Disney is willing to do so at this time and wants it their way only. Newsom tried to give them guidelines. If they wanted something different then come back with how about this instead of that, you know? They will BOTH need to find that middle ground some place to compromise.
    Disney has been actively adding security/safety measures to the parks since before the originally announced re-opening date. It's not like they want to reopen a park that is exactly the way it was when they shut down and at 100% capacity. And I haven't seen Newsom ever say that what they have done is insufficient. Disney wants to reopen. A guideline that requires that they wait until yellow, without a specific reason, could mean that they cannot reopen as long as these emergency measures are in place. Currently the largest county to reach yellow is Humbolt, with a population of 135,588.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoofyGuy View Post
    Unfortunately it's looking like we'll have to just get refunds for the 2 Flex passes I purchased 1-3-2020. They need a first use by 1-2-2021. Even if they open up in December it sounds like we won't be able to reserve a day to activate our passes if they implement this 120 mile rule for the first month or more. I haven't called myself, but a couple other people that did were told the activate by date will not get an extension on a fully paid but unused AP. I emailed ticketing, and they wouldn't tell me anything. In fact, the replies I received were not magical at all and were borderline rude.
    I'm in the same boat...2 Deluxe Passes purchased but not activated yet; I fear they will drop off of my account before DL reopens and I won't be able to make a reservation because it will appear I won't have an active ticket. I don't think you can get refunds on these since they haven't been activated yet; DL told me that the expiration date won't be extended for these either, only active tickets/passes, however, I can apply the price paid for these towards the price of new APs (which are currently $30 higher than the price I paid in early January 2020).

I have a similar problem with my airfare...purchased in late December for a May trip that has been rescheduled 3 times this year already; the ticket is supposed to expire after a year so I worry I won't be able to reschedule past the expiration date and will lose the $ previously spent...darn COVID-19!

Of course, this is only $$ we are talking about...not as important as the loss of life going on around us.
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I'm in the same boat...2 Deluxe Passes purchased but not activated yet; I fear they will drop off of my account before DL reopens and I won't be able to make a reservation because it will appear I won't have an active ticket. I don't think you can get refunds on these since they haven't been activated yet; DL told me that the expiration date won't be extended for these either, only active tickets/passes, however, I can apply the price paid for these towards the price of new APs (which are currently $30 higher than the price I paid in early January 2020).

I have a similar problem with my airfare...purchased in late December for a May trip that has been rescheduled 3 times this year already; the ticket is supposed to expire after a year so I worry I won't be able to reschedule past the expiration date and will lose the $ previously spent...darn COVID-19!

Of course, this is only $$ we are talking about...not as important as the loss of life going on around us.
    I think we touched on this previously. In my case, each of the 2 passes would cost us an additional $75 to repurchase, or even more if they raise the prices after the first of the year like usual. I will be pushing for a refund when the time comes. (Looks like in December)
    There are no perfect men in this world-Only perfect intentions

We have annual passes with about 9 months left on them.

Now that Halloween is past my wish is that the parks don't open until March so my passes will still be good for next Halloween. We purchased them with the thought of going at our favorite time of the year so I hope it works out that next year they will still be good to go.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Looks like there will be more news tomorrow. The theme park guidelines are expected to come out tomorrow and it will be different guidelines for different sized parks. Also, looks like the cast member unions are now saying its safe to re-open as Disneyland has done their part to listen to and work with the unions on safety measures. They are suggesting and have given their blessing to open when OC gets back to tier 3.

I have a feeling it is going to be another to do about nothing tomorrow.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!