Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Disneyland Re-Open? - speculation incouraged

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    On an interesting note, the most recent Gay Days announcement (As you probably know, Disneyland is curently closed and there is not a date set for re-opening. But according to our sources at Disneyland, the parks are ready. They only need about ten days notice to open their gates... ), says the parks can reopen with less than two weeks notice.
    Great - but based on information from June. Do any procedures need to change by the time Sept or Oct roll around? 10 days seems short. However. If they only plan for 20% capacity then maybe it will work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

I think it helps that Florida is now open so they can see what was working and not. In June Florida wasn't open yet.
    Pammer- we've rescheduled our end os Sept trip to December.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Pammer- we've rescheduled our end os Sept trip to December.
    I was hoping to go in the first half of December since my 60th birthday is December 5th (the same as Walt's!), but I was also looking at the week before Thanksgiving...I'm still holding on to the end of September for now, although wearing a mask during the heat of the day would be miserable and the late fall/early winter would be much better (assuming the parks are back open by then)...maybe we will end up crossing paths in December!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

Blog Entries

That would be nice... December open for holiday decorations if nothing else. Ahhh to dream.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Great - but based on information from June. Do any procedures need to change by the time Sept or Oct roll around? 10 days seems short. However. If they only plan for 20% capacity then maybe it will work.

Agree with candles -- now that WDW has been open long enough for DLR to see what works and what doesn't, that can shorten the lead time needed to reopen. One of the advantages of being last is getting to learn from everyone else's successes and mistakes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Agree with candles -- now that WDW has been open long enough for DLR to see what works and what doesn't, that can shorten the lead time needed to reopen. One of the advantages of being last is getting to learn from everyone else's successes and mistakes.
    im in a wait and see- only because the So Cal demographic is still different than WDW. so right now their attendance is roughly 50/50 for AP and tourist guests. normally for WDW thats not the case - and at only 5% for some days thats pretty low. Those lessons learned may be totally different here as far as total numbers of people; processes needed to ensure guests follow the rules; and sustaining controls throughout the day. WDW reportedly slows down significantly as the day moves along - here it may not. It will be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i... WDW reportedly slows down significantly as the day moves along - here it may not. It will be interesting...
    If DTD is any indicator, the crowds pick up as evening approaches. Just like the old AP pattern in the parks, after work/school ends for the day, people are heading for DTD for a meal/snack/quick shopping. It's been interesting to see very low crowds in the late afternoon, then a noticeable increase in crowds after the work day ends.

San Diego was just taken off the State Watch List. Hopefully this will prompt the state to finally issue the long-promised guidelines for theme park re-openings, as theoretically Sea World and Legoland may now be eligible to reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    San Diego was just taken off the State Watch List. Hopefully this will prompt the state to finally issue the long-promised guidelines for theme park re-openings, as theoretically Sea World and Legoland may now be eligible to reopen.
    Being taken off the watch list does not mean things will be allowed to reopen. If anything changes within 14 days of coming off the list they could get put back on. Right now if it stays the same it means schools there could be allowed for in person BUT that is also up to the districts on if they want to go there. It doesn't mean businesses can open up again like before though either. So theme parks of any kind right now will still be left in limbo and really IMO they should be the last thing to open.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Looks like plexyglass was put up at all the turnstiles at DCA over the past day or two. Also, the window coverings on Buena Vista street were removed. I wonder if they are getting info that maybe there will be some guidance coming soon. Sea World is opening on Friday with the zoo only piece, so maybe things are moving slowly to an opening date.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

Do not read to much into that. At this point we are off the watch list. All that means is that if things are kept as they til Sept 6th that school districts will be able to decide how things are done. The OC Board of Supervisors meeting it was reminded that it does NOT mean indoor dining, gyms, theaters or salons can reopen yet. So there is no way DLR will be opening soon either at this point. We have Labor Day weekend coming up and when we have so many that do NOT want to do what is best for everyone it messes things up it seems. Santa Ana and Anaheim are still our county's hot spots comparing to the rest. You can't compare San Diego County to Orange County. The zoos are different from a theme park. Most zoos are all outdoors and what is indoors they have kept shut. I know LA Zoo is suppose to be open here this month but all indoor or shows are not happening.

Didn't DLR already have those up when they were looking at reopening last month?

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

In his Monday press conference, Gov. Newsom said that reopening guidelines should be finalized this week. Now, this does NOT mean that things will re-open this week, but it should provide guidance on what is required so that things can reopen.

My prediction is that some additional indoor activities will be allowed soon if not immediately, for those counties which are off the watch list, with at least a three week pause between each segment that is allowed to reopen as counties proceed through re-opening and a mechanism to roll-back re-openings as/if case counts increase. I would guess that it would start with hair salons/barbershops but could also include restaurants and gyms.

I agree that bars are highly unlikely to be reopened before Labor Day, but then if I controlled the reopening lists I might put theme parks above bars in the sequencing of allowing things to reopen (with proper distancing procedures in place). Drunk people drinking seem less likely to keep on face masks and respect social distancing than a family at a theme park.

I'm hoping that the revised guidelines will provide additional details on how/when theme parks can reopen, even if only in the abstract (i.e. if it's 6th on the list and there are 3 weeks between each category, then it would be a minimum of 18 weeks, and of course could be considerably longer).

I wonder if Disney is running the rides every now ant then during this shut down. Just to keep things in motion. Seems like a lot of mechanical things tend to have issues if they are inactive for long periods of time.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Basically at this point we have to see what happens over the couple weeks and if we can stay off it or not. I do agree that bars are a bad idea. As it is some of the stuff here even while its outside is not following certain guidelines.

And yes Newsom did say he would say something this week about reopening again but it comes down to staying off the watch list for the next couple weeks basically. I am not sure it will happen. I have very little faith in others at this point. There are many that would follow whatever rules asked of them in a theme park but there are always those that think they can get away with not and those are also families that have that attitude. There are plenty of them that will get aggressive over it all and having to wear a mask or where it correctly. Sad but seeing what just happened to that 17 yr old at Sesame Place recently would you want to be in that position to remind guests in a theme park to put their mask on correctly or back on? Even when Newsom clears theme parks to open, DLR will have to also clear the unions for CMs. To me though if its not safe for kids to all be in a classroom its really not safe for theme parks to be open either. Anaheim school districts had already decided because of the high cases there that they were going to be online for the first half of the year. We need to see Santa Ana, Anaheim and a few other of our cities do better here so we can open more up. I do wish we could all get on the same page here so we could see things open up like we would all prefer but sadly I know its not possible.

I am missing Disneyland. I was telling my husband a few weeks ago how it was sad that we ended up in this pandemic when we were seeing a more mellow side to July. Even beginning of this month was more on the mellow side. I haven't missed a Christmas time at Disneyland since I started going as a kid. So it will be a bummer but if its not safe to open what can we do?

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I wonder if Disney is running the rides every now ant then during this shut down. Just to keep things in motion. Seems like a lot of mechanical things tend to have issues if they are inactive for long periods of time.
    I'm not sure who would be doing that as CMs wouldn't be in there. Toss in how would you do it with certain rides that are viewable from the street and not have people jump to conclusions. Even if they did it in the middle of the night someone would have snapped pics of such things by now.

I want to add that I do think that maintenance crews should be back in there by now if allowed. I am going to guess that there are those that work that who might know how to run the rides but even if guests can't go back anytime soon it would be a great time to get things looking great and fixed up that needs to no matter how big or small the job. With no guests for whatever amount of time and maintenance in there working, they could get a lot done.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    I'm not sure who would be doing that as CMs wouldn't be in there. Toss in how would you do it with certain rides that are viewable from the street and not have people jump to conclusions. Even if they did it in the middle of the night someone would have snapped pics of such things by now.

I want to add that I do think that maintenance crews should be back in there by now if allowed. I am going to guess that there are those that work that who might know how to run the rides but even if guests can't go back anytime soon it would be a great time to get things looking great and fixed up that needs to no matter how big or small the job. With no guests for whatever amount of time and maintenance in there working, they could get a lot done.
    They don't need the CMs who operate the rides to run the rides. We know there have been some form of operating crew working this whole time. The rides must have some sort of long term shutdown procedure for when they go down for extended refurbishment, they may not all need to be run. I don't think Disney cares at all what conclusions people jump to if a ride is seen running. They have been allowing people to walk by the gates since DTD reopened. People saw the plexiglass that was installed at the turnstiles. Disney was recently quoted as saying that they were at points with two attractions that they could work on them. Since they had more than two attractions down when they closed, I would think they would have mentioned if anything else is being refurbed. It might even be a good idea to wait until they reopen to refurbish some of the attractions with tight spaces and high contact.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    They don't need the CMs who operate the rides to run the rides. We know there have been some form of operating crew working this whole time. The rides must have some sort of long term shutdown procedure for when they go down for extended refurbishment, they may not all need to be run. I don't think Disney cares at all what conclusions people jump to if a ride is seen running. They have been allowing people to walk by the gates since DTD reopened. People saw the plexiglass that was installed at the turnstiles. Disney was recently quoted as saying that they were at points with two attractions that they could work on them. Since they had more than two attractions down when they closed, I would think they would have mentioned if anything else is being refurbed. It might even be a good idea to wait until they reopen to refurbish some of the attractions with tight spaces and high contact.
    But if they did some refurbishing while things are closed they would not have to put up all those screen walls to hide things.
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

But if they did some refurbishing while things are closed they would not have to put up all those screen walls to hide things.
    I don't think Disney cares if there are construction walls. A few vocal people always say they're not going if there are walls or certain attractions are closed, but the parks always seem pretty full regardless of those claims. Considering what their capacity is likely to be, I doubt they will have any issues filling the park no matter what shape it reopens in. It might be better for Haunted Mansion to be down when they reopen, no issues with putting people in the stretching room. Or maybe Midway Mania won't reopen, no issues with touching or disinfecting the shooters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Looks like plexyglass was put up at all the turnstiles at DCA over the past day or two. Also, the window coverings on Buena Vista street were removed. I wonder if they are getting info that maybe there will be some guidance coming soon. Sea World is opening on Friday with the zoo only piece, so maybe things are moving slowly to an opening date.
    There was plexiglass over the turnstiles on July 17th when we were there.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Blog Entries
    Actually, there are a couple flyover videos that show scrims are up in areas.

I don't think Disney cares if there are construction walls. A few vocal people always say they're not going if there are walls or certain attractions are closed, but the parks always seem pretty full regardless of those claims. Considering what their capacity is likely to be, I doubt they will have any issues filling the park no matter what shape it reopens in. It might be better for Haunted Mansion to be down when they reopen, no issues with putting people in the stretching room. Or maybe Midway Mania won't reopen, no issues with touching or disinfecting the shooters.
    They are taking all of this into account. Remember, WDW has already reopened with these rides. It is my understanding we are likely 45 days out form an opening. That said, I have kept my Sept 24th reservations holding onto hope. But I am thinking it will be closer to mid-Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    There was plexiglass over the turnstiles on July 17th when we were there.
    They added additional plexiglass. They now have wrap around plexiglass at all the turnstiles.
    Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

Actually, there are a couple flyover videos that show scrims are up in areas.

They are taking all of this into account. Remember, WDW has already reopened with these rides. It is my understanding we are likely 45 days out form an opening. That said, I have kept my Sept 24th reservations holding onto hope. But I am thinking it will be closer to mid-Oct.
    The stretching room is different in Florida. They're keeping the doors open. They don't have that option in California.

They can't really know if or when we will be in stage 4. We could have to dial back from stage 3 before we ever get there.

Blog Entries
    The stretching room is different in Florida. They're keeping the doors open. They don't have that option in California.

They can't really know if or when we will be in stage 4. We could have to dial back from stage 3 before we ever get there.
    Last I had heard, Disneyland and Universal had approvals to open during Phase 3, using specific guidelines. Did they change that?

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/ent...ning-plan.html

Last I had heard, Disneyland and Universal had approvals to open during Phase 3, using specific guidelines. Did they change that?

Yes, the Gov. introduced a new system today, where most counties including Orange are currently Purple, then Red, Orange, and Yellow. San Diego is currently Red, which will allow for indoor aquariums (aka Sea Life, and some of Sea World's aquariums) to reopen with limited capacity.

In the Q&A, the governor was specifically asked about Disney and responded that they are still putting together the guidelines for reopening, not just for Disney, but theme parks in general and hoped to have them out shortly. So once we have those, we will have a better idea as to where in the new color-coded scheme theme parks can reopen and under what restrictions.

ETA: under the new criteria, counties must meet the guidelines for the less restrictive tiers for two weeks before they are allowed to move into those tiers, and must also stay in a tier for at least three weeks before they can move. I was a little unclear if everyone is stuck in the current tier for the full 3 weeks, or if they could move down sooner based on past performance. So depending on where Theme parks are placed, it could either be relatively soon or quite a while before we see them reopen.

I just knew that Orange County was two phases away from being able to reopen. I thought they had stepped down this week, but the info released today shows that they haven't. They may step down a phase and then go back up, not down. There is no way Disney has speculated 45 days because they have no way of knowing what will happen in a week, much less a month. Let's see what happens after Labor Day. It's more likely to be like what happened after Memorial Day than continue the downward trend. Especially in OC with Downtown Disney and Knott's partially open this time.